[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Melting Pot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: melting pot.jpg (33KB, 549x682px) Image search: [Google]
melting pot.jpg
33KB, 549x682px
Does a country work better when it is homogenus or a melting pot? I know this board is called "international" so I know most will say a melting pot is better. I was just wondering because Trudeau is trying to make Canada more diverse and I was wondering if this will bring positive change or not.
>>
we're a mosaic, not a melting pot you stupid fuck head
and Trudeau hasn't done anything at a
>>
File: 1469915330956.jpg (19KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469915330956.jpg
19KB, 480x405px
>>65896767
>I know this board is called "international" so I know most will say a melting pot is better
>>
When its a melting pot.

Broader paths of thinking can open up ways for further advancement of society.
>>
>>65896787
>mosaic
You're dumb as fuck, get the fuck off my thread

>>65896795
International is basically the same as Globalism. This board might as well be called "Globalism". In that case yeah you'd support a melting pot

>>65896826
That's what I was thinking, you get new ideas from different parts of the world.
>>
Diversity is bad, you dont need millions of indians to experience their culture
>>
>>65896939
But you don't need millions of whites to experience white culture, right?
>>
>>65896939
As much as I loathe Slovakians, on this I agree with them.

Multiculturalism was a mistake. Not all cultures are created equal. Most of them are backwards and quite frankly disgusting.

There are only two cultures worth mentioning in the history of mankind, European, and Chinese. China pretty much single handedly pulled the rest of East Asia out of the stone age, every bit of ingenuity and advancement in that area can be traced back to them. So East Asians are mostly civilized.
Europe doesn't need much explanation, we conquered the world for a while, it doesn't get more civilized than us.

Every other culture must be considered savage and barbaric, and we should do our best to destroy them, lest they try to destroy us.
>>
>>65896767
>implying melting everything in a pot long enough wouldn't become homogeneous
I don't think I care much as long as people aren't killing eachother; granted, it's easier to avoid conflicts when everyone has the same beliefs -- I'm sure we can all agree on that no?
>>
>>65896826
>Our strength is in our diversity
>>
>>65897293
This. The more ideas you get from different cultures the stronger you will be and the faster Canada will really start to win as a country.
>>
>>65897216
That was actually very offensive, don't know why I am reading. You're disgusting. Persians had a great civilization
>>
File: afuckingleafe.png (202KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
afuckingleafe.png
202KB, 585x560px
>>
File: 1414327856866.jpg (38KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1414327856866.jpg
38KB, 600x440px
>>65896767
>I know this board is called "international" so I know most will say a melting pot is better.
>>
>>65896960
Not sure what are you getting at, i dont think there is single non white country with massive white immigration, its the other way around.

Just tell me what advantage would my homogenous country get from importing different cultures en masse? One thing is to have authenthic chinese restaurant, other is having 10% of population be of entirely different race
>>
>>65897385
But internationalism is literally globalism. You guys should support melting pots.
>>
File: 1461101890407.gif (4MB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1461101890407.gif
4MB, 500x332px
>>65897350
>tfw half Persian half European
weeeeee I'm civilized
>>
File: Malintzin.jpg (197KB, 992x700px) Image search: [Google]
Malintzin.jpg
197KB, 992x700px
>>65896767
You need some equilibrioum, we already have our mix
>>
>>65897387
>Not sure what are you getting at, i dont think there is single non white country with massive white immigration, its the other way around.
South Africa, Rhodesia, they are two examples

>
Just tell me what advantage would my homogenous country get from importing different cultures en masse? One thing is to have authenthic chinese restaurant, other is having 10% of population be of entirely different race
New ideas, inventions, culture. Having one authentic chinese restaurant won't effect your life other than when you eat there. Having different people all around can expose you to all different cultures 24/7
>>
>>65897414
t. Ali Sonboly
>>
>melting pot
funny how people always have a picture of the Statue of Liberty as the symbol of immigration and mention melting pot as if both aren't entirely New York and New Jersey based.

The benefits are seen when the immigrants are willing to work. Doesn't matter what, we got plenty of food, toys, designs, etc from immigrants, so it doesn't seem to matter if it is homogeneous, but like everything, that is completely dependent on the resources.

The major port cities obviously have an abundance of trade and labor going through, but as the population decreases in scale in other cities, so does the distribution, as the demand is lower, and unless they have plenty of natural resources, competition is more apparent, and it's in those cases where homogeneity shows through as more people start to look for cooperation and same race and language are the first things people gravitate to when searching for an identical member

tl;dr depends on the scale
>>
>>65897414
Civilization is not based on race. Everyone today is civilized except a few countries *cough Somalia*. I'm just saying Persians always had civilized culture from my info (watched a lot of Persian movies like 300, Prince of Persia, and Persepolis)
>>
>>65897475
exactly. Well I don't get bullied by Arabs or Turks, but I seriously fucking hate them.
>inb4 voting for AfD
>>
>>65897435
That's why I voted for Trudeau he will bring in lots of Syrians and Africans
>>
>>65897350
>That was actually very offensive, don't know why I am reading.
How is it offensive? There isn't a single thing that came out of Africa or the Pacific Islands nor Australia that benefited mankind.
Some Mayan and Aztec tribes were almost civilized, but they had to ruin it by murdering innocents by the thousands each year, cannibalizing each other, and committing other unspeakable atrocities. The Spanish were right to destroy them.
>Persians had a great civilization
If it was so great, why is their culture lies now in ruins?
>>
>>65897402
>literally globalism
You may have autism. Literally.
>>
>>65897481
Funny since it's literally what America is based on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQl6XBo64M
>>
>>65897469
Whites are running away from South Africa actually

>New ideas, inventions, culture. Having one authentic chinese restaurant won't effect your life other than when you eat there. Having different people all around can expose you to all different cultures 24/7

Why would i want to be exposed to different cultures 24/7? Why would i want to remove my Slovak culture for foreign ones? Do you realise that by making world mixed with cultures they will dissapear? Different cultures create tensions, good example are blacks in USA or Turks in Germany
>>
>>65897493
>Everyone today is civilized

how deluded u r
>>
Daily reminder European civilization is actually a mix of Mesopotamian and Egyptian civilization
>>
Melting pot. However you have to actually do it correctly. If you want it to melt you have to close the lid on that shit every once in a while. If you constantly add shit its gonna take forever to melt.
>>
>>65897531
>How is it offensive? There isn't a single thing that came out of Africa or the Pacific Islands nor Australia that benefited mankind.
Look up Moorish inventions, Persian, Arabic, Jewish, Algerian, Crete, Cyrus, or Sicily, or Egypt, or even Mali. need I go on?

>If it was so great, why is their culture lies now in ruins?
Same reason Rome lies in ruins today.
>>
>>65897543
>what America is based on
>links video
lmfao
>>
>>65896897
So which of you two can't find a job and getting kicked out?
>>
>>65897493
I think there actually are many uncivilized countries. Cut of the norther African coastline and SA and what you've got left is the epitome of Non-Civilization
>>
>>65897534
I've never been tested but I'm pretty sure I do since everyone says im awkward to talk to.

>>65897553
>whites are running from south africa
Yeah after immigrating there

>Why would i want to be exposed to different cultures 24/7? Why would i want to remove my Slovak culture for foreign ones? Do you realise that by making world mixed with cultures they will dissapear? Different cultures create tensions, good example are blacks in USA or Turks in Germany
Because you can still always enjoy your Slav culture.
>>
>>65897402
kek, most people here are extremely conservative, if that's one thing that unite this board is their hatred for immigrants

Regarding your question no, I don't think being a melting pot makes you strictly better or worse than an homogenous country. Sure, you have cultural contributions, like better farming techniques from the italians and japanese that came here. But at the same time, those would have to integrate in your country, to be cosindered equal, otherwise when shit hits the fan, the "Us vs Them" mentality will get too strong among the population and you'll have BLM, increased racial/cultural tensions and ascending memes like trump
>>
>>65897543
>statue of liberty
>NYC
Yes that's exactly my point
>>
>>65897604
But i cant if i replace it with foreign culture
>>
>>65897560
Certain countries may be poor, but if you go to any country the general people are civilized, the governments and warlords are uncivilized

>>65897570
This

>>65897584
Because I didn't want you to sperg out going "SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE I DONT SEE SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE"
>>
>>65897581
>Moorish inventions, Persian, Arabic, Jewish, Algerian, Crete, Cyrus, or Sicily, or Egypt, or even Mali

Literally all of those countries today are unimaginable shitholes with the exception of Cyprus and maybe Sicily - and I'm being really generous there.
>>
How do I test for autism? Is there a test kit? Ask me some test questions. Oh, I talk to myself a lot. Does that count?
>>
>>65897604
>Because you can still always enjoy your Slav culture.
That's the point. Culture as some kind of lifestyle is not just an idea or a construct.
It only works when it's a factual reality i.e. Slavs in Russia, Niggers in Nigeria ....
Modern ideas of "culture" mostly aren't linked to reality whatsoever.
>>
>>65897589
I have a job

>>65897594
The people are actually very civilized in Africa. It's just corrupt governments that are ruining everything. The people there were the nicest I ever met

t. guy who took trip to Kenya in grade 12 for school

>>65897613
>kek, most people here are extremely conservative, if that's one thing that unite this board is their hatred for immigrants
Seriously? I'm an immigrant, fuck this board then

>Regarding your question no, I don't think being a melting pot makes you strictly better or worse than an homogenous country. Sure, you have cultural contributions, like better farming techniques from the italians and japanese that came here. But at the same time, those would have to integrate in your country, to be cosindered equal, otherwise when shit hits the fan, the "Us vs Them" mentality will get too strong among the population and you'll have BLM, increased racial/cultural tensions and ascending memes like trump
True but it worked pretty well I mean there isn't much racial tension today. BLM starts riots when blacks get killed but it's not like there killing eachother. There is just an occasional death every month which in a country of 300 million isn't a lot.
>>
>>65897518
I think you misunderstood, each nation has their formula, I meant we are good and don't need to add multi-culturalism for the time being, especially when immigrants will just block the progress of Amerindians.
>>
>>65897682
>Seriously? I'm an immigrant

That's why your oblivious
>>
>>65897634
Think of it like this, you go to India and bring your Slovakia culture. Now. Pretend Slovakia is India since it has so many Indian immigrants, and just enjoy your Slovakia culture. You can always listen to Slovakia music, enjoy the food, it's just when you walk outside it will look Indian.

>>65897670
Yeah but they were good at some point. That proves the fault isn't the culture or genetics since they are the same, it's economics.
>>
File: 1474397717017.jpg (20KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474397717017.jpg
20KB, 403x392px
>>65897710
kys leaf with your shit baits i wasted time here
>>
>>65897710
>Think of it like this, you go to India and bring your Slovakia culture. Now. Pretend Slovakia is India since it has so many Indian immigrants, and just enjoy your Slovakia culture. You can always listen to Slovakia music, enjoy the food, it's just when you walk outside it will look Indian.

holy shit man its scary that people actually think like this
>>
>>65897679
Then in that case culture is a pointless concept. However I don't think it's pointless, I just think you're wrong. I think culture only reaches its peak when it's shared

>>65897671
IDK I think i have autism because say im awkward and I never had friends so possibly. Did you ever get invited to a party? If so prolly not.
>>
>>65897402
No, this board is probably the best case against globalism

We can exchange our ideas freely here, WITHOUT competing with each other.

>>65897682
>nice people in Kenya
Right, now can you imagine if all the nice people left for someplace else?

Kenya wouldn't have much of a chance to change the corruption, now would it?
>>
>>65896767
It all depends on how you do your diversity. Its one thing to add diversity by receiving indians with a phd, its a completely different story to receive poor, low skilled, refugees, with no human capital or property. In the first case, diversity is better, in the second place it is not.
In general a less homogeneous country will be more difficult and expensive to make public policy, and for companies to sell products too. So in most cases a more homogeneous country is better.
>>
>>65896767
Melting pot > mixed salad
>>
>>65897682
>Seriously? I'm an immigrant, fuck this board then
Tell me about it

>>65897570
>>65897635
Not an argument. The "start" of culture per se must be arbitrarily set. So who cares what happened several thousands of years ago.
What's important is what people are still conscious about and in which way did this impact our our lifestyle.
>>
>>65897702
Oh true, you were using it as an example since the Spainish killed the Aztecs. I agree with that but you have to understand Spain was more powerful than the Aztecs immigrants are actually victims right now and Canada is stronger.
>>
>>65897682
>Seriously, I'm an immigrant

You have to go home
no one wants you here
True Canadian bread for true Canadians
>>
>>65897706
But im Aryan immigrant my family is Norman descendant from England

>>65897728
You're a bad troll

>>65897746
It's scary to actually accept whats happening instead of be a cowardly dog?

>>65897752
>We can exchange our ideas freely here, WITHOUT competing with each other.
Isn't that proof globalism works?
>>
>>65896767
>tfw Immigrant to Canada
>cant speak french only fluent in English
>family refuses to celebrate canadian thanksgiving instead celebrates American one instead
>cant even communicate with half of Canada
lol what melting pot. This country is meme.
>>
>>65897820
>It's scary to actually accept whats happening instead of be a cowardly dog?

it never needed to happen and doesn't need to continue
>>
>>65897752
>Right, now can you imagine if all the nice people left for someplace else?
>Kenya wouldn't have much of a chance to change the corruption, now would it?
Why would all the nice people leave? Also Kenya already is a shithole proving shitholes do have nice people in them. That means it's not the peoples fault it's a shithole.

>>65897756
>It all depends on how you do your diversity. Its one thing to add diversity by receiving indians with a phd, its a completely different story to receive poor, low skilled, refugees, with no human capital or property. In the first case, diversity is better, in the second place it is not.
In general a less homogeneous country will be more difficult and expensive to make public policy, and for companies to sell products too. So in most cases a more homogeneous country is better.
In that case give free education to immigrants as an investment in their future

>>65897769
>What's important is what people are still conscious about and in which way did this impact our our lifestyle.
Not an argument, all cultures eventually fade out it's not proof they are bad.
>>
>>65897791
But Canada is a country of immigrants every Canadians ancestors were immigrants

>>65897834
But it's still the greatest richest country in the world, can you believe it? Even though it's fully against your perfect nationalistic ideology it's thriving, oh wait?

>>65897855
But it will. EU and Hillary both fully support it and are the most powerful entities on the planet right now.
>>
>>65897682
>True but it worked pretty well I mean there isn't much racial tension today
How much time did it take for that to happen, though? I mean, the Americas are some sort of blank state in terms of culture (with some exceptions here and there of course), so "multiculturalism" can work (don't know if, in this case, you mean tons of different cultures sharing the same political space, which doesn't really work). For countries that were built on exarcebated nationalism to willingly let what defines them change so radically is asking for too much, that won't be a silent transition.

Whenever the country faces a harsh time, no one will care about peacefully coexisting, they'll want to find a scapegoat, those guys who aren't like me and don't act like me either (Austria-Hungary, Russian Empire). Hell, this even happens between social classes.
>>
>>65897861
>all cultures eventually fade out it's not proof they are bad.
And thus fighting for it is a bad thing? Times change m8. There's no war threatening us right now.
The only danger to European Culture is the huge migration wave expected in the coming 30 years from the whole of Africa.
>>
File: yawn.jpg (697KB, 1000x788px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
697KB, 1000x788px
>>65897781
Seriously, you call that trolling?
>>
>>65897918
>How much time did it take for that to happen, though? I mean, the Americas are some sort of blank state in terms of culture (with some exceptions here and there of course), so "multiculturalism" can work (don't know if, in this case, you mean tons of different cultures sharing the same political space, which doesn't really work). For countries that were built on exarcebated nationalism to willingly let what defines them change so radically is asking for too much, that won't be a silent transition.
Europe is a blank state in terms of culture so it will work as well. Nationalism works in the short term but fails but nations built on multiculturalism last longer such as Rome, Egypt, and Persia. I mean they did fall eventually but due to the economy.
>>
i just can tell you about monoculturism
pros=safe with low crime rates, same cultural backgrounds, all people can understand you
cons=boring with almost same people, less fun, turbo autism e.g fan death
t. world most homogeneous cunt
>>
>>65897906
All I hope for is for this cunt to get annexed by America. It's not funny anymore. Canada has shit identity.
>>
>>65897924
Thats not a danger to European culture tho.

>>65897950
You're a literal shit-tier troll, I'm only agreeing with you to make you bait someone else.
>>
>>65897791
haha second gen here

get fucked
>>
>>65897955
I live in a very diverse town and there is almost no crime. As long as the people don't feel like they are freaks in the community they will do good.
>>
>>65897971
Not to what you defenition of culture, but to seemingly everyone else's
>>
>>65897952
>Europe is a blank state in terms of culture
No

>Nationalism works in the short term
Nationalism is literally what defines modern countries

>but nations built on multiculturalism last longer such as Rome, Egypt, and Persia
Those were all empires. Let's not do that again
>>
>>65898053
Not to your*
>>
>>65897820
No, Globalism is introducing more competition but with the same resources

That is why there are large movements everywhere to isolate the population
>>
>>65898055
>>65898053
I feel like your arguments are more tuned on hatred of others rather than love for your own people and culture
>>
>>65897329
>>65897293
>>65896897
>>65897402

melting pot is only good when its literally a melting pot and you put all the undesirables in it

you fags should gtfo back to plebit btw
>>
>>65898083
I myself am half Persian as I said before. So my ability of being racist is pretty fucking limited.
Actually I don't oppose immigration at all, as long as it doesn't change the overall face of a country and it's culture.
Generally I don't view most things as negative as the average /pol/ or /int/ phagget, many things here in Germany I enjoy came from other cultures. (Döner from Turkish migrants, Pizza from Italy and many more not so well known stuff)
>>
>>65898144
everyone but me here is a pleb
>>
The plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty reads: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
>>
>>65898166
Well glad you are smarter than the average idiot here. I respect people who believe in multiculturalism even if it's just a little as you said.
>>
>>65898083
It's hard to have different cultures coexist, like and agree with each other when they don't think of themselves as equals. I mean, just look at the EU and all the internal problems they have

I agree with>>65898166
Personally, I couldn't care less if an Haitian comes to live here, as long as he integrates and speak Portuguese. I certainly isn't the best of the times to immigrate to Brazil, though
>>
>>65897861
>In that case give free education to immigrants as an investment in their future
That could work, yes. If you guys are able to achieve almost 100% assimilation, than the immigrant stops beeing a immigrant and you will have added a citizen.
>>
>>65898235
multiculturalism is such a harsh word, lets use open-mindedness mixed with rationalism instead
>>
>>65898233
Written by a filthy zionist whore.
>>
>>65898321
Multiculturalism is a kind word tho.
>>
The problem is that "multiculturalism" becomes a byword amongst alt-right types for non-assimilation when they point of multiculturalism especially the way the idea was adopted by governments in Australia is to find fundamental common values and national identities and not sweat the small stuff like what spices you use in your food or what language your grandmother speaks at home.
>>
>>65898427
Yeah this my local MPP proposed Canadian immigrants have "Canadian Values" and my whole town is upset and it's on National News that she is racist.
>>
>>65898486
Oh sorry she is an MP
>>
>>65896767
Yes and no, but mostly no. Society's work in a way that it becomes homogeneous or the culture becomes "one". So basically there may have been a time a society was diverse, but overtime the cultures and people would've combined, fought and mixed to be one and the same

So really,diversity leads to homogeneity eventually and vice versa
>>
>>65898427
assimilation is literally a monocultural concept

as for the op multiculturalism just creates a series of cancer in the wider body of a society
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.