[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cultural appropriation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: dQNzJqEajJE.jpg (76KB, 540x751px) Image search: [Google]
dQNzJqEajJE.jpg
76KB, 540x751px
Could someone explain for non-westerner how cultural approriation works? I slightly can understand why things like yoga and dreadlocks are accused in CA, but if you will dress for Halloween as a viking will it be CA? Or you can't steal cultures from scandinavians free because they are perfecly white? Is celebration of St.Patrick day in USA "offensive" for Irish SJW?
>>
if you have white skin, then you're culturally appropriating things and are racist.
>>
White culture is absolutely and seamlessly dominant, from every invention to even modern professional clothing, so minorities have to throw hissy fits over whatever little cultural distinction they have
>>
>>65869652
Sane people don't give a shit
Americans aren't sane
>>
>>65869761
You should be offended because Americans appropriated pizza from you.
>>
To be fair I've never even seen ethnic minorities getting pissed off over things like this, it's almost always insufferable white liberals who get angry about it. Actual minorities tend to pretty proud if something from their culture catches on and becomes mainstream. In short it's just a passing fad that only serves to make SJWs seem even more ridiculous and make even more people opposed to them, so there's nothing wrong with it really.
>>
>>65870082
I just like to laugh at pussies like this guy.

Nobody is oppressing me or appropriating my heritage, but it's funny watching cucks like this beat themselves up.
>>
>>65870082
Yeah in Arab countries when a foreigner says he's interested in Arabic or Islam or MENA culture or food or music or whatever everybody gets excited. But idk about Arabs in the west.
>>
>>65870082
>Actual minorities tend to pretty proud if something from their culture catches on and becomes mainstream.
And they can turn a profit on it too. By the simple fact that someone's culture can be seen as some 'exotic' treasure to other cultures, they can open shop and sell whatever it is like food or clothing and the other ethnicities will come in droves. Sharing culture is not just good socially, it's good for business too.
>>
Look there's something really cringey and inauthentic about a rich white girl at coachella wearing a bindi, or Iggy Azealea going to India and making a music video full of elephants and temples. But at the same time I don't think it's malicious. It's just borne out of western ignorance. But people who go on about cultural appropriation always act as if any time a white person interact with a different culture, it will be through a lecherous, imperialistic urge. And that's wrong. Trying to scare away people who have a sincere and genuine interest in different cultures and peoples because they MIGHT interpret it clumsily is Naziesque and it's sad that this segregated mentality is seeping into leftist thought.
>>
Cultural Appropriation and Historical Debt are 2 of the stupidest (and illogical) stuff SJWs have created to this day. Nobody serious give a shit about that
>>
>>65869652
>dressed like a thief
>appropriating african american culture
Problematic 2bh
>>
>>65873578
It will be mainstream in 5 years.
>>
>>65873793
I hope not.
>>
>>65873828
That's what I did about most movements of the left.
>>
>>65873883
Stop destroying my hopes, you filthy hun
>>
>>65874031
Hope dies last.
>>
>white people criticise and oppress us because they make no effort to learn about and embrace our culture
>wtf why is that honky wearing our clothes, eating our food and listening to our music?
lol
>>
>>65869652
I don't get it. Dressing like a thief appropriates African American culture.
>>
>>65874065
Best your mother-in-law isn't named like that, right?
>>
>65870082
Black americans talk about "muh cultural appropriation" all the time.
>>
Is a black guy with a job appropriating white culture?
>>
>>65874031
Why do you care about political movments in the western world?
>>
>>65869761
Unfortunately, this
>>
File: 1475774601590.jpg (31KB, 326x383px) Image search: [Google]
1475774601590.jpg
31KB, 326x383px
>>65873616
Underrated
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.