[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russia is considering restoring some of its Soviet-era bases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 9

File: dlxoKkj.gif (1003KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
dlxoKkj.gif
1003KB, 375x304px
Russia is considering restoring some of its Soviet-era bases overseas, in South America and Southeast Asia, state news agency Itar-Tass reports.

Deputy Minister of Defense, Nikolay Pankov told Tass that Russia is “working on” plans to reopen military bases in countries such as Cuba and Vietnam.

The ministry has already said that it has set out plan to expand Russian bases in countries from the former Soviet Union, such as Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Armenia. However, the deputy chair of parliament’s International Affairs Committee, Alexey Chepa, put forward the proposal to extend these plans further.

“It is necessary to consider the matter of our presence in other regions of the world,” Chepa said. “I consider it in keeping with the national interest of Russia that we restore our defunct bases in Latin America, Southeast Asia and Africa.”

While the Ministry of Defense expressed readiness to review these ideas, it has already vowed to deploy Russian troops on a historic drill in Africa. Russian paratroopers are set to join an exercise alongside the Egyptian armed forces later this month, which would be the first such drill they have held in Africa.
>>
>>65854767
>Cuba
>South America
Finnish education
>>
>>65854777

Is copied from an American article retard
>>
nothing to cause concern
>>
>>65854767
They don't have the economic strength to compete with China and USA
>>
>>65854767
>Cuba
>South America

Hmm
>>
>Cuba
>Sudamerica

Is it american the article?
>>
How do you project power without warm water ports?
>>
foreign bases cost a lot of beans to man and operate, the US shares the burden with their host country
>>
>>65854853
Yes
>>
>>65854767
They always talk, but do nothing.
>>
>>65855222
ayy we could lend you some ports if you promise to remove burger
>>
>"Russians plan to build things"
Heard this one a few times before
Remember that stealth jet?
>>
>>65855324
T-50? Mass production is starting next year.
>>
>>65855810
> mass peroduction
like 60 jets over 10 years is more like "meh production"
>>
>>65856168
Actually 55 jets in 4 years.
>>
>>65854872
>American education
>>
>>65854767
I'm going to ask again
How in the ever loving fuck can Russia pay for their military anymore?
>>
>>65856913
We spend the same amount of money for military as we did in 2014. What's your point?
>>
>>65856942
You just seem to be expanding it, and hasn't the sanctions hurt the economy a good deal?
>>
>>65856913
Same way Russia paid for building a rocket to space before the combined West that was about 15 times as rich and not nearly as devastated by the war

It's cheap as hell, comparatively, and we love them rockets and shit
>>
>>65856913
Because only we are capable of protecting the world from the American devils!
Ivans will suffer, but it's for the greater good.
>>
>>65854829
China and Russia are besties, if anything they'll team up to beat those burgers scum!
>>
>>65856961
We are not expanding it. And oil price is what mostly hurting it, sanctions just block the ways of recovering it.
>>
>>65856961
hasn't
problems are with oil price, continuing from 2008, sanctions didn't do much
>>
>>65856913
According to all their recently fired finance ministers, they can't. Putin feels he can hide his fundamental weakness as a leader and a man behind a military might that he cannot afford. Anyone points out that he is broke as shit, just fire them.
>>
>>65856913
Putin's magic beans man, they'll pay for it
>>
>>65857256
Incorrect. The sanctions restricted access to Western financial markets as the oil prices fell. This limited the Russians ability to manage the decline, forcing Putin start dipping into his foreign exchange reserves as a means to halt the decline. He eventually gave that up to save his piggy bank and let things collapse. Make no mistake, the sanctions and the low oil prices contribute to each other in a way that magnifies the effect on the Russian economy beyond what either would have had on its own.
>>
>>65857012
Greater good = Putin's foreign bank accounts.
>>
File: salty.jpg (57KB, 552x446px) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
57KB, 552x446px
>>65857279
They are just salty. Russia can pay for the curent expenditure easy, as long as they don't get caught by neoliberal lies.

Overseas bases, no, but that is another thing.
>>
>>65857421
Eh. I doubt it, to be honest. Keep in mind, Putin is not just paying to keep their old Soviet trash running, he is trying to do a general modernization of the entire Russian military. The drain caused by that is destabilizing his base though. There is no longer enough money to go around and he is starting to have to make very difficult choices. Very dangerous choices.
>>
>>65857480
>The drain caused by that is destabilizing his base though. There is no longer enough money to go around and he is starting to have to make very difficult choices. Very dangerous choices.
where did you even get that?
>>
>>65857521
Come back in a year, kid. You'll know what I am talking about.
>>
>>65857116
Latuff pls.
>>
>>65856913
Those bases are closed but owned by us since we agreed to trade fly\wather roots and those bases for closing they national dept to past soviet union.
Speaking about cuba vietnam and other.
>>
>>65857549
yeah, "kid", to see you to write to come in another year, as the year before and before that.

current sanctions do nothing but excuse

>>65857397
Wrong. One could say that two negative effects always hit harder doing so in the same time rather then on their own. Sanctions still are nothing here, it's the oil.
You're better to see how are we blocked to "western" investments. Last news were about germans if I remember correctly.
>>
>>65857907
Agreed, it was very foolish for Putin to turn Russia into a petrostate and run 50% of the economy through oil companies. Weak leadership makes for a weak economy.
>>
>>65858387
their economy was always based on resources even in tsarist times
>>
>>65858408
Like Africa. #RussianStrength
>>
>>65858408
Agreed. They have always failed when it came to trying to transition to a real industrial economy. Putin is certainly not the first weak leader of Russia.
>>
File: 1402557370347.jpg (83KB, 604x514px) Image search: [Google]
1402557370347.jpg
83KB, 604x514px
>>65858555
Why are Russians so incapable of creating a prosperous society for themselves that they need to create external enemies as a common cause?

I feel genuinely bad for them.
>>
>>65858655
Ambitions that don't measure up to capabilities. Cultural inferiority complex. Smaller than average penis size among Russian men. Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>65858387
>implying it was better in 90's with Yeltsin or during Soviet period
If anything, industry grows faster than oil sector.
>>
>>65858655
too large means you can hide shit and nobody will ever know that you hid it
>>
>>65858711
And yet the economy was still so dependent on oil that the second that the price went down, the Russian economy tanked. Maybe Putin should have put a little more emphasis on industry and a little less emphasis on making Gazprom easier to rob.
>>
>>65858725
Only things Russians are hiding are the bones of their recently eaten pets.
>>
>>65858785
cleptocracy and a complicated net of mafia-like favours prevents him from disturbing the status quo

it's a big country they can always find a new putin if this one doesn't work as intended
>>
>>65858817
I would argue that Putin has centralized so much authority on himself that the government is pretty much unmanageable by anyone, Putin included.
>>
>>65858858
it would appear so to you from across the ocean

most eastern europeans sport the same model of statesmanship, just not as impressively disturbing as the russian one

putin's a mouthpiece for old and disgustingly powerful communist secret service agents
>>
>>65858893
>putin's a mouthpiece for old and disgustingly powerful communist secret service agents
Of course they'll mostly be dead in 15-20 years. As to what happens then, who knows?
>>
>>65858893
There is plenty of water still in the well that Putin crawled out of, but I don't think anyone who comes after him will do any better. Russia's problems are fundamental. Their issues are cracks in the foundation, not problems with the structure built on top of it.
>>
>>65854872
By it not being the 1800
That's like bringing up the concept of cannon fodder in modern military tactics.
>>
Finns go train in america with american troops and vice versa does this mean funland is a superpower?
>>
>>65858946
they've already founded dynasties

>>65858953
there's no way russia could ever regain a semblance of sensibility without a war that would break them as a nation and that would destabilise most of the world

besides who knows what the new russians that emerge to fill the gap would be like? politics like to work with predictable data, that's why communism fucked everyone up so hard - it was too impredictable
>>
>>65858990
Sure. Why not.
>>
>>65858995
Russia's historical trend tends to be that they implode under stress rather than get broken by an invading army.
>>
I'm not putting my life at stake for the manlet.
>>
>>65859035
Nice
>>
>>65858785
>>65858817
I've yet to see a reasonable argument as to what could have been done better to diversify the economy that wouldnt either have been politically impossible or have been tried and failed.

Wbat Putin government has done isn't great, but who would have done better?

Pouring oil money into stability funds is a great acheivement of Putin's, that adds a lot to stability even when sanctioned by a lot of worlds biggest economies
>>
>>65858995
>there's no way russia could ever regain a semblance of sensibility without a war that would break them as a nation and that would destabilise most of the world
I'm afraid that russia today is where germany was after world war 2: humiliated by recent defeat, but drawing all the wrong conclusions from it. Instead of repenant, they are bitter, resentful and hateful. Open to propaganda that everything bad in their country is someone else's fault and result of evil conspiracies.

America and the west made a mistake in allowing soviet union to decay the way it did instead of colonizing it like it did with germany after ww2.
>>
>>65859113
>germany was after world war 2:
meant germany after world war 1
>>
>>65859073
That's sort of true, but you got to admit most empires of 19th and earlier centuries have imploded much harder, so much that Russia seems a relic
>>
>>65859073
And they still learned nothing. Rather than improving economy, diversifying it they pick a fight and shower army with cash.

Russia will collapse again, because these fuckers stubbornly refuse to make conclusions.
>>
>>65856961
>hasn't the sanctions hurt the economy

They hurt the international trade. But our economy as a whole doesn't depend on it much, we could survive even in a total economic isolation from the Western world.
>>
>>65859173
Sure you could. African tribes also can survive without international trade.
>>
>>65859196
actually they traded a lot in the past, also had wars, "cultural renaissance" periods and other stuff, mainly in the Congo River area

only, you know, it was all done with sticks and shitbricks
>>
>>65859113
One could have said that 'colonizing' Russia like the rest of EE was one way to go about it, but it would have taken a lot more investment and political will that US lacked

As to Russia drawing the 'wrong conclusions, this was a well-predicted result that many Western exoerts learned of would be the consequence of unreasoned NATO expansion. People Who were deaf to the warnings acting all surprised now isn't making the show a tiniest bit more believeable
>>
>>65859173
The economy is almost totally dependent on oil exports. The price went down to half of of the Russian break-even price and the country tumbled into a brutal 2 year recession with no actual end in sight. Now you say that if there was no oil traded at all that you would be just fine?
>>
>>65859133
Letting Germany become Weimar after WW1 turned them into Nazis.
>>
>>65859196

North Korea successfully does it for the rest >60 years, and I believe we might perform better than they do.
>>
>>65859279
>Now you say that if there was no oil traded at all that you would be just fine?

Actually, yes. Oil trade only hurts us and doesn't let us to develop.
>>
>>65859282
read Nietzsche

he was complaining about more and more people pursung useless education only to become state officials or upstarts dissatisfied with their life, sounds familiar?

he lived in late XIXc. and died, ironically, in the city of Weimar
>>
>>65859073
Mind you, we're not running around with bolt action rifles, shit logistics and tanks now as the basis for modern military ventures. I think if there was a hypothetical attack on Russia like we did to say Iraq (and I don't advocate it as an Afghan & Iraq war vet myself!), then they would need a lot more than just blood, iron and willingness to resist. But hypotheticals aside as its unlikely, modern warfare and invasions are now very complicated, extremely fast and if you're not on the ball you're going to get bulldozed fucking hard.

Most of what Russia does, is simply to stay relevant to the world and wave the attention flag, that action for attention is mostly there to also distract the populace locally from any domestic issues and having a 'war footing' does wonders for civilian concerns. I mean currently they have major conflicts in Syria, Ukraine, some smaller conflicts in Chechen areas and more than a few other little brushfires along the former soviet states that can create a siege mentality. Putin needs an enemy and any enemy at the moment is just fine for him, he's an old Cold Warrior and would simply be going by the playbook that Russian security is best enforced in other people's backyards!
>>
>>65859279
I think youre making thing seems grimmer than they are. Sure dependency on oil isn't pretty, but two-year recession is no end of the world. I actually think Russia's done better than any EE economy would have under similar sanctions
>>
>having a foreign nation's military base on your soil
Can you get any more cuck than this?
I don't think you can.
>>
>>65859235
Belief that Russia is entitled to have power over other nations because of history is one of the wrong ideas that seem to stick with you lot.
>>
>>65856259
>Modern warplanes typically have been built in small quantities over the course of many years. The Navy’s F/A-18, which has been in production for more than 20 years, is being built at a rate of 42 aircraft per year. But the F-35 Lightning II is expected to be built at an unprecedented rate — as many as 230 fighters per year.

>Lockheed has embraced the moving assembly line concept as the linchpin to produce the next-generation fighter in large enough quantities to satisfy U.S. and international sales.
The U.S. military is buying about 2,500 aircraft. Allied nations are purchasing an additional 500 or so. Lockheed Martin officials are expecting foreign military sales to hike the total number to more than 4,000 Joint Strike Fighters.

>“You’re really looking at F-16-like numbers,” says O’Bryan. Once the line ramps up to full-rate production — possibly as early as 2016 — the company estimates it will assemble about 21 fighters per month, or roughly one aircraft per working day.

Yeah, 55 jets in 4 years is definitely meh.
>>
>>65859235
NATO expansion is being trotted out as the reasoning, but what difference does it actually make? Is there going to be a sudden invasion of Russia? No, they have nuclear weapons. Putin was bitter about NATO expansion because it highlighted the fundamental failure of Putin's Eurasian Union idea. NATO expansion was often followed up by EU expansion, because association with the west provides a better way forward than association with Russia. None of the post-Soviet states aside from Belarus wanted anything to do with the Eurasian Union and Putin thought he could just dominate the area by spreading doubts about the west's commitment in Eastern Europe and making Russia seem more threatening. NATO expansion, was, of course, trotted out as the justifications for these moves. But it isn't working, because Eastern Europe generally isn't buying his shit. Now he is getting more desperate as the clock starts to tick on how long the Russian people are going to tolerate his neverending recession.
>>
>>65859331
Iraq was an invasion with a lot of ground troops. Russia would need many times more, vehicles and guns would need oils that don't freeze at -20 and they eat a lot more if those than panzers and bokt acton rifkes had
>>
>>65859173
Werent there trends towards a certain level of autarky? Like I read something about glasshouses being build in russia in order not to be that dependent on turkish fruits for example even tho they are much cheaper.
Shouldnt end in a giant northkorea but a complete turn to the east instead concerning economic dependencys?

>>65859113
>Germany after ww1
Kinda true, either the whole faultgiving and versaille sanctions should have been dropped in favour of mutual posturing about having "won" as it was after the Iran-Iraq war or the country should have been balkanised and hit so hard to never stand up again.
The fallen from grace narrative in russia is strong, I dont remember much friction priour to 2010 though.

Luckily nukes have made open war much more risky. A great invention after all.
>>
>>65859453
That belief is mostly a product of your imagination, however
>>
>>65859322
I'll agree that longterm growth for Russia requires them to crawl out of the petrostate trap that Putin put them into. But at the moment short-term economic survival is probably a larger concern. Petroleum export dependence isn't a bandaid you can just rip off.
>>
Putin is retarded person. Actually our economy is in shit, government has not enough money to pay benefits for old people yet he doesn't care and spends money for military a lot. Corrupted idiot.
>>
Cuba and vietnam care about having good relations with the US, so good luck with that.
>>
>>65859331
Agree with pretty much all of this. Good post.
>>
>>65856913
They rise the taxes anywhere it's possible and create repressive laws and empower religion so people wouldn't rebel.
>>
>>65859469
All i've said is current situation has been predicted by many Western experts, and your post falls cleanly into what I described as 'acting surprised '
>>
>>65859331
>comparing Russia to Iraq or Afghanistan
nice one my shitposting friend
>>
>>65859490
They tried to turn east by upping exports to China. The issue is that they don't have much that China wants to import that it isn't already importing. Trade between the two just isn't growing that much and Putin sort of put all his chips on that gamble when he decided to destroy relations with the West. Whoops.
>>
>>65858555
More like Latin America. We are basically Latin American country from economy to mindset of people.
>>
>>65859592
Might be misreading my tone, then. No one is surprised by this.
>>
>>65859636
Latin American country without the awesome beaches and beautiful women. That is a rough hand to be dealt.
>>
>>65859630
> Pivot to the wasted has failed
Looks whose talking. China still needs oil and has and even some weapons tech, as well as to diversify routez for their One Belt One Way thing. This isn't something that's done over night, but Russian relatinship with China are not without merit.
>>
allying with the soviets during ww2 was a mistake
>>
>>65859648
Maybe. Your post just seemed like you're arguing with people who have already ben priven right, but them english isn't a first language for me
>>
>>65859483
Wouldn't worry anyway mate, no ones really interested in invading Russia :)
You are still a nuclear power and that does wonders for making people at least think 2-3 times about starting shit.

>>65859612
If anything a large conscript army like Iraq (or Russia), has proven to fall quickly in conventional modern warfare. That's just factual, if you want shitposting I can drag out the jokes about Croatians and your mum.
>>
>>65859113
This. If you accepted us in NATO and invested to us everything would be okay. But you just humiliated and exploited us. We have always been anti-western and anti-european country but you made us even more hateful towards the West. It's a core problem, people after Putin would have to deal with the West while Russian people would feel any deal with the West as trait and criticize government for that.
>>
>>65859708
> Wasted
East
Autocorrect is acting up again
>>
>>65859720
If you go that far back you can call the war a mistake in the first place lol.

>>65859636
Economically wise but how in the mindset?
Old world-new world divide concerning identities and the fact that they were not one of the coldwar superpowers before seem like great points of division.
>>
>>65859708
The One Belt aspect of "One Belt, One Road" is economically viable and will largely pay for itself. The One Road aspect is the one Russia is counting on being a major part of and it is really more propped up by political will than economic will. China is losing money on every train and economic projections and indicating that that will not change even if it is completed. Does China's political will overcome the economic cost as their growth rate starts to contract? I don't think so, but who knows.
>>
>>65859805
europe would literally be a hyperpower and we'd have world peace and space colonies if the nazis had won
>>
>>65859297
>>>65859196
>North Korea successfully does it for the rest >60 years, and I believe we might perform better than they do.
>successfully

Yes, it's all imperialist propaganda, North Korea is the workers paradise. No congested streets, no Trump, no Hillary, no Goldman, only socialist joy.
>>
>>65857116
Why do you fcukers think Russian domination would be better than American? DO you imbeciles really think they're saviours or something? I swear if they could they would do even worse things in puppeting world than USA, they just cannot yet.
>>
>>65859720
allying with the anglos during ww2 was a mistake
>>
>>65859746
Nah, people are right when they say Russia's got little chance on its own. Icbms are ancient tech and Who can say, maybe in 20 years combined NATO will have a 'cure'. That's the monent Russia will be iraq'ed and the reason establishment has been acting up every time it seems NATO is getting ever more of a habit of bombing every country it safely can.

It must seems like paranoia from where you guys are sitting, but it seemed a very possible threat from here even 10 years ago
>>
>>65859869
Well cutting a deal with Hitler didn't do them any favors either.
>>
>>65859297
Oh my god. By all means, please become North Korea. That would be hilarious.
>>
>>65856259

Actually 12 jets.

"In December 2014, the Russian Air Force planned to receive 55 fighters by 2020.[39] Yuri Borisov, Russia's deputy minister of defence for armaments stated in 2015 that the Air Force will slow PAK FA production and reduce its initial order to 12 jets due to the nation's deteriorating economy,[40][41] along with the manufacturer's ability to produce the more complex aircraft.[42]
Russian Air Force Commander-in-Chief Viktor Bondarev, stated that the PAK FA is to enter serial production in 2017, after all trials are completed.[43] Due to the aircraft's complexity and rising costs, the Russian Air Force will retain large fleets of fourth-generation Sukhoi Su-27 and Su-35S fighters.[44]"
>>
>>65859537
Old people don't mean shit. If you want to hold power in Russia, you have to control the military.

Putin is paranoid, possibly deluded, corrupt and doesn't put the interest of his people above his own but he is hardly an idiot.
>>
>>65859866
Russian domination isn't a thing bro, we're bordering EU and China, all we want is try not to become either another Poland or another Iraq to either one of them. In an age of overpopulation our land and resources will keep us reasonably okay otherwise
>>
>>65859805
We are very mixed multinational state too. We also had mass slavery in the past. Economy is the basis of culture, so our economy made us pretty the same. We also have some European heritage with non-European, we are Eurasian. I guess to see what would happen in the future we should look on Latin American history in 80s-90s. I think Putin would fuck up the economy to the extent elites would dislike him as well as people and we would see coup supported by people.
>>
>>65856913
>How in the ever loving fuck can Russia pay for their military anymore?

Russia is spending money from their backup funds (there are a couple of those and they still have around 100-150 billion USD to combat the budget deficit, albeit most of that money is supposed to go to pensions) and budget cuts hit everything except for the military.
>>
>>65859982
This is probably the reason why he just announced a consolidation of the intelligence services.
>>
>>65859772
>If you accepted us in NATO and invested to us everything would be okay.

But they did. But you refused to get into NATO and you let all the invested money get stolen.
>>
>>65859869
You had a non aggression pact with the krauts and you still got invaded. Your choices were fight the nazis alone or fight the nazis with ally assistance.
>>
>>65860020
The irony there is that those stability funds are one of the big reasons that people liked him. Now he is just robbing them for pet projects.
>>
>>65859969
>military
More like secret services. We never had military coup but KGB, 3rd department of Tsar and other secret services have always been state inside the state here, very influential.
>>
>>65859883
Not really, I have some Russian in-laws (god help me)

Part of the problem was the awkward transition from soviet to market economy and the crippling levels of corruption that followed and saw a lot of the good chances of Russia being 'modernised', that all ran off into private individuals bank accounts and not becoming state property.
The other major problem was Russians don't really want foreign investment of any kind, when you do try to do business there you end up stonewalled by the locals or exploited by the corruption again. So its quite hard for a lot of outsiders to come to terms with this as they think they're being fucked over (and probably are) and the locals think they're going to get fucked over by foreign devils... because that's what the local bastards do to them anyway!

That level of interconnect between outsiders and Russia is quite difficult. Its not really any one persons fault as convenient as it is to blame Putin, but a whole series of events that haven't really contributed to making Russia feel isolated and alone
>>
File: 1440745735619.png (441KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
1440745735619.png
441KB, 300x900px
>>65855810
>>65856168
>>65856259
>>65859964
>Russian jets are so stealthy we don't even know how many of them exist
>>
>>65859842
At what price though?
Nazi ideology may have smoothened out to some degree like Stalinism did but even if you look beyond what would have happened to the slavs and the whole totalitarianism bit the dependency on one leader with a cult, the fact that americas existence as a rival societal model-a very free one-would have ended in another coldwar situation and the self sacrificial brutishness of the leading cadre which would have gotten nukes on ots hands at some point seem more like a recipe for a fallout scenario.

Id rather have a weimar republic without sanctions to let a frustrated underclass grow rapidly to boost various forms of extremism please.
>>
>>65860072
Many on both sides were against Russia in NATO, NATO on many occasion opposed even cooperation with Russia (like say building a joint missile defense) and most of the money stolen from Russia is in Western banks

Shit just isn't black and white however much you want it to be
>>
>>65860072
To be fair, the investment after soviet collapse was left to "free market", in line with then dominant ideology and belief that economic freedom is enough to secure prosperity and that rule of law is just a silly meme. And so it boiled down to liquidation and speculation + establishing the infrastructure to turn the country into a gas station ruled by the mafia.
>>
>>65860094
top kek america
>>
>>65860072
Well, politologists here say West has refused to accept us.
>>65859883
If they are educable, they wouldn't. Russia has 150 million population. War here would rise such a wave of refugees that current troubles with Arabs they have would seem a joke.
>>
File: Без названия.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
Без названия.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>65854767
>Russia
>considering
>>
>>65860213
not him, but afaik Russia never ever made attempt to join NATO as regular member. It wanted special status and special privileges, and that is what west refused.
>>
>>65860020
>>65860094
Funds arent just being spent, they were growing for a little bit this year and 2015. It seems okay, in 2014 they said worst case scenario is theyd go dry in two years, yet theyre now at about 70% 2014 level I think
>>
>>65860256
>never ever made attempt to join NATO as regular member
U wot? 2001 never forget
>>
>>65859537
Your oligarchy pillages county's resources while ordinary people suffer aftermath
>>
>>65860317
It's a common knowledge
>>
>>65860317
Olygarkh problem is still ways better than it was before Putin. Keeping big business out of politics is a global problem however much US senators want to keep you convinced they don't know anybidy from lockheed or goldman sachs
>>
>>65859976
It's not about if it's a thing or not, i'm saying that any power that would want to dominate world would do atrocities like usa does. A lot of people in west see Putin as some cool tough guy who stands up against usa. That's the thing that confuses me.
>>
>>65860377
>Everyone else is as inept as us.

Ah. That is some classic Russia.
>>
>>65859842
You're extremely deluded.
>>
>>65860401
Not sure i think any 60yo is 'cool', but yes it is good when a global power like the US doesnt go unchecked, and since the west just falls in with any American illegal bombing campaign its a good thing in a general scheme if things that Russia's had it and wont cooperate any more.

What's so confusing?
>>
>>65860501
> I'll ignore my own problems because talking shit about Russia is more fun
You know that's not healthy, right?
>>
>>65860516
US power did literally nothing wrong to us since it liberated us from soviet influence.
Soviet influence on the other hand hamstrung our development and suffocated our spirit, and we still got off the hook easy compared to Hungary or Poland.

I wouldn't mind civilized competition between powers, so that US is not a sole powerhouse, but I'm not so fixated on this idea that I would appreciate regimes like Russian or Chinese to be contenders.
>>
>>65860548
Irony: the post.
>>
>>65860401
>it confuses me
Well some people like to keep it simple.
The US is getting abusive in some regards? Hail the enemy of my enemy even though he would rape my your ass just as hard!

Makes it easier to shift responsibility to your countrys interests and improvement on foreign patrons too instead of breaking your head about geopolitical relations and how your country can come out best by its own initiative alone between stronger powers who want all kinds of stuff.
>>
File: Blogi_Vevaltiontalous_Kuvio2.png (57KB, 1526x999px) Image search: [Google]
Blogi_Vevaltiontalous_Kuvio2.png
57KB, 1526x999px
>>65860279

Sadly that is not true. The figure shows the slow decay of the fund and as numerical data, there were 92 billion USD in the fund and this August (which the picture doesn't show anymore), the fund was 32 billion USD. Russia's budget for this year is based on 50 USD/barrel Urals oil whilst the real aggregate price has been 40 USD/barrel, as this trend continues, the oil funds will continue to diminish.

As the explanations are in Finnish: blue=Russian reserve fund, red=Russian national welfare fund, liquid assets and green=Russian national welfare fund, tied assets.
>>
>>65860548
Neither is crystal meth, but that doesn't stop the Russians.
>>
>>65860605
> To us
Yeah. Well, except youve lost some of the nice industries you didnt strictly had to loose
>>
>>65860652
Total assets by your graph 2014 - 170, 2016 - 120, 120/170 = 70% what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>65860678
Yes. Sales of jackboots are way down since the thugs were forced to leave.
>>
File: 1464576982325.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1464576982325.png
65KB, 285x276px
>>65854767
this country can only bully small countries like ukraine
putin do it just to brainwash people that russia is stronk and shit
>>
>>65860658
We're more of a crokodil and heroine country, m8, you have to know that if youre into business of trolling russians
>>
>>65860744
Ever had of czech aircraft industry? Or weapons industry too, they still have some sad remains of both, I think
>>
>NATO has like 500 bases worldwide
>Russia plans to open 3 or 4 bases

WW3 IMMINENT BECAUE OF RUSSIAN AGGRESSION
>>
>>65860739

You are talking about the overall fund size whilst the main focus should be on the Russian reserve fund (blue pillars). Red and green pillars are mostly for pensions and using them will fuck up your elderly people very badly and you'll see a lot more babushkas selling mushrooms and berries in front of metro stations than now. Of course this could also be done and therefore your point is somewhat legit, but blue pillar represents the funds that are meant for budget balancing and those moneyz are running out in a year or two with the current rate.
>>
>>65860800
Didn't Lin Biao die in a Czech plane?
>>
>>65860800
Parts of it that can compete with western companies are well enough. Nothing of value was lost when rest of it had gone. I'd sooner miss sugar industry that suffered from EU's agricultural policy.

In either case it's a small price to pay to no longer have to huddle in fear that you get dragged into dungeon and tortured if your neighbour tells that you shit talked the government.
>>
>>65859746
Iraq is far smaller and far more behind in tech than Russia tho. Everyone underestimated Russia throughout all of history, what makes you think there will be a difference now?
>>
>>65860804
No need for WW3. Just wait a year and Russia will fall over on its own at the current rate.
>>
>>65854777
anything south of the US-Mexico border is south america
>>
>>65860919
Yes, the world always underestimated Russia and now look at it. Truly a Porsche among nations. Well, probably not a Porsche. Ford Gremlin maybe.
>>
>>65860856
Well those otherwise funds are indeed being spent, and babushka' pensions are frozen. and you give me another two years worst- case scenario, even though on your graph the rate of spending is way better than during the previous crisis, and the worst blows on Russian economy seem to have passed, end many predicted small growth in 2017 instead of recession. Dunno, maybe in two more years well have another thread or maube we'll have a war, but for now there seems less reasonable for alarm than in 2014 when 1 euro was suddenly 100 rubles :3
>>
>>65861005

Well, that is true, it's just a prediction and it's also true that there are positive signs in Russian economy. Hopefully everything will turn good for you and the worst case scenarios won't come to be.
>>
>>65860975
Russia has always been a shit nation to live in, but a tought nation to win a war against.
>>
File: 0_8090d_fa4352dc_orig.jpg (684KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
0_8090d_fa4352dc_orig.jpg
684KB, 1000x667px
>>65860873
You sound like youve been through the dungeons man even though you were probably climbing out of your mom when last Russian soldiers withdrew from your country by th voluntary deccision of Russian parliament in a country that otherthrew the regime your daddy was too scared to fighting

Sorry for sounding harsh, but some times you EE people seems just too petty and pathetic. I honestly think some times maybe you're better off as agrarian countries/ VW doorhandle factories and need oversight. But them I take a long breath and ni, I dont think czech are too stupid and unept to build competitive planes, you were just played and Russia is partly at fault, but all that fault lies in time we both weren't even born
>>
>>65855238
This.
Russbro, if you promise to remove whitey over here, Russia and china can be besties again.
>>
>>65861144
Who needs to win a war against them? Simple people think in simple terms. No war is necessary. Just put on the pressure and wait for the inevitable collapse.
>>
>>65861208
American generals seem to speak of little else than war with Russia and China, and every week theres another funny idea of a no fly zone over syria

Maybe some of decision makers are not as smart as you wish they were huh
>>
>>65861208
>Who needs to win a war against them
Nobody but that's what the Ausfag's topic was?
>>
>>65861278
Holy shit. Generals discussing war contingencies? Stop the fucking presses. it is almost like that is what we pay them to do.
>>
>>65854767
I wonder how long they can keep this up finacially.
>>
>>65861341
Long enough to embarrass themselves.
>>
>>65861165
You know nothing, child.
>>
>>65861324
Wow calm down, I did mention state departments funny ideas too, you were the one to bring up how nobody needs to fight Russia and well, those generals weren't publically duscussing planes like that only a little time ago, maybe you raised their pay or something?
>>
>>65861436
Tell me how kgb mistreated you grandpa, please. Seriously, it was all ages ago and if youre really over 40 them go play with your grandchilren or something, nobody like old people ranting about how things were back when they could get an erection.

If you wont to think your country and people are too in to be competitive in industrial sector, so be it, i'm just sharing my views not trying to fix you inferiority complex
>>
>>65861165
Akhem. We, EE people, had once our own rocket program, it was called Meteor. The rockets were used for scientifical purposes. There were several models of them built, each reaching a bit higher into stratosphere.

The program was eventually abandoned, because a rocket able to reach the orbit is a potential nuke carrier and there can be only one country in the russosphere privilleged to have and operate such toys. Guess its name.
>>
>>65859433
>>having a foreign nation's military base on your soil
>Can you get any more cuck than this?
>I don't think you can.
Please tell me more about those NATO troops in Poorstonia :DDDD
>>
>>65861556
If you think that not wanting to live in totalitarian state is inferiority complex then you are part of the reason why Russia is as shit as it is.
>>
>>65861882
Don't bully Estonia
>>
>>65861931
The baltics exist for the sole reason of being bullied
>>
>>65861931
Estonia is a member of NATO you fucking retard.
>>
S P A C E
https://youtu.be/vLE6j_eDMI0
>>
>>65861993
Fuck off burger
>>
>>65862122
>Got Rekt. Lame comeback.

Typical Russian.
>>
>>65858655
Well, same can be said of Americans...
>>
Is germany the only country in the history of the world that has been forced to join nato?
>>
>>65862155
>Poorstonia
>>Don't bully Estonia
>>>Estonia is a member of NATO you fucking retard.
Fuck off burger
>>
>>65854767

Wat?! Oh Noes... only Ameurikuns are allowed to have overseas millitary presence!
>>
>>65862155

Fuck off burger. Leave Eesti alone!!!
>>
>>65859297
North Korea is on the brink of constant famine and has equipment so outdated that their state airline mainly has Tupelovs from the mid sixties as the bulk of their fleet. Not to mention that a huge amount of their economy comes from cooperative factories run by South Koreans and trade with China and Russia.

Not a good comparison. Like, at all. even Russia does better than North Kordrinkbleachaspastimea
>>
RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA
>>
>>65854777
>Implying anyone cares.
>>
>>65857480
Cutting off millions of people's pensions is a surefire way to lose power.
>>
>>65859106
>politically impossible

And why is that? Why does Putin depend on such a rickety system of corruption and mindless groupies that nothing can ever change rapidly and adapt to new realities?
>>
>>65859235
>the consequence of unreasoned NATO expansion.

You know damn well that happened as a combination of Western Europe guilt for letting East Europe get caught by the Soviets for almost 50 years, as well as a logical expansion of Western influence. Russia does the same thing throughout history.
>>
>>65859976
But Putin already gave parts of the Far East to Chinese companies and workers.
>>
>>65860291
>>65860213
In March 2009, the Polish Foreign Minister, Radosław Sikorski, suggested including Russia in NATO.[85] Speaking to one of the main Polish daily newspapers after the lecture, Mr Sikorski explained, 'I stand by everything I said, but that doesn't mean I'm inviting Russia to join the NATO. I simply presented a certain hypothetical vision, a reference to a debate that took place in the NATO in the mid-1990s. Then, under the Clinton administration, there was a debate on whether, and on what terms, Russia could become a member of the Alliance.'[102] Russian leadership, however, made it clear Russia did not plan to join the alliance, preferring to keep cooperation on a lower level now. In March 2009, the Russian envoy to NATO, Dmitry Rogozin, in response to Radosław Sikorski′s proposal, while not ruling out NATO membership at some point in the future, was quoted as saying: "Great powers don't join coalitions, they create coalitions. Russia considers itself a great power."[85]
>>
>>65861005
>:3
Show me your feet, Ivana. International Relations is not a good degree to study.
>>
>>65861607
USSR? And I think Poland had a shipbuilding industry. Had 'Russia' robbed you of that one too?
>>
>>65868421
>had
we still have
>>
>>65867246
>2001
>Refuse to accept Russia
>2009
>Why Russia preferring to keep cooperation on a lower level
>>
>>65856913

They responsibly cannot.

Russia is trying to play the super power game with an economy that's about the size of Florida's.

In the long run its the progress of the Russian people and their standard of living that will suffer.

We actually suffer from the same, but at least we can print dollars until the cows come home.
>>
>>65861165
>some times you EE people seems just too petty and pathetic

They're an array of countries that keep getting conquered left and right because of you, France and Germany and whatever predecessor states you had. There's a reason they chose to follow the West after 50 years of communism and Russian imperialism. There's a difference between having troops stationed to protect a people and to be used against the same people if they acted up.
>>
>>65861278
>American generals seem to speak of little else than war with Russia and China

There is literally ZERO to be gained from anyone trying to invade Russia or China on land. Chinese water war is the only realistic prospect and that's what's getting serious attention from military analysts.

Both leadership knows there's no way another Eurasian land war is going to end well for either side. The difference is, common people in the West know this, but common people in the East get fed propaganda about how the West/Jews/Homos are on your borders any second now. It's quite funny to get reports from interviews with "average" Russians about how the West is on our doorstep or can't be trusted to not invade or want to split up Russia. No one has the logistics here to do any of that, not even the US.
>>
>>65859433
Pipe down Estonia, or no Telemark Battalion for you. :^)
>>
>>65861898
Koľko máš inak rokov? Nemyslím v zlom, pred týždňom som prečítal knihu o ŠtB a Leopoldove.
>>
File: ajan rakenne.png (108KB, 255x299px) Image search: [Google]
ajan rakenne.png
108KB, 255x299px
>tfw i dunno whats going on but i do know that USA and Russia are both full of shit.
>>
>>65859527
The belief in having safe "buffer states" is also just imaginary?
>>
>>65870889
Finland is right as always.
>>
>>65870899
That one isn't. It takes imagination to think being an annoying nuisance to your neighbor is a good idea as long as you have rich backing.

Thinking both that you're threatened by a country because you were at war 70 years ago, and that a country with extremely self-centeted values on another continent will protect you even if your fantasy threat turns real - that's takes a whole lot of imagination for sure
>>
America has done the same for years. Stop with this "le Russia is evil" meme
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.