[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: untitled.png (78KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
78KB, 275x183px
What is /int/ drinking tonight? If you're having a comfy drink and want a nice chat with no bully, come join us. Currently on this APA myself, pretty good.

Also, I'm a barman, so if you have any questions you ever wanted to ask a barman, go ahead. I'm not very good at it because it's a completely unskilled job in the UK, but I'll try my best to answer.
>>
File: received_10207226046274569.jpg (325KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207226046274569.jpg
325KB, 2048x1536px
>0845
> trashed hotel room
> hangover that could kill a brown dog
>>
>>65844153
May as well start drinking lad, hair of the dog and all that. It's not like you were planning to do anything productive today.
>>
>>65844272
Off to a pretty skitz beach party tonight. This crew does a lot of acid so it'll probably get pretty loose.
>>
>>65843983
>Also, I'm a barman

You're favorite beer?
>>
I am drinking cheap lager like always

I have 20 bottles of vodka ready if the beer runs out so I'm set
>>
I used to be an alcoholic 2bh
I'm praying for all of you, anons :^)
>>
>>65844378
Sounds fun, can I come? I tried many times to find acid in my younger days, never succeeded though.

>>65844429
I've never been a huge beer drinker, but have been getting into it slowly since becoming a barman. The one I like most at the moment is an APA called Shipyard, which is very refreshing. How about you?

>>65844563
>20 bottles of vodka
I'm sure you'll be fine lad.
>>
>>65844624
My friend's mum died from alcoholism, really put the family through hell too. Made me feel a bit guilty about my profession seeing as half our regulars probably classify as alcoholic. If they didn't get it from us they'd get it from somewhere else though, and at least we can look after them a bit and tell them when they've had too much.
>>
>>65844699
our whole culture revolves around drink and the pub. if you think about any big social thing, christmas, weddings, birthdays etc usually involves copious amount of alcohol.

it's physically addictive, so if you "self medicate" with it, you'll likely end up physically addicted. that and the mental side of things, especially when it is so prevalent, makes it extremely difficult to give up.
>>
>>65844889
Teetotalism is also on the rise apparently, so I guess people are just getting pushed to the extremes. I of course have sympathy for people who are physically addicted, but I don't think it's as hard to have an active social life as a teetotaller as it once was.
>>
>>65843983
Trying to make a white Russian but all I got is peppermint mocha kahlua and svedka. What should my ratios be since I don't have milk or cream?
>>
File: koelsch.jpg (73KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
koelsch.jpg
73KB, 300x300px
>>65843983
I'm drinking cologne beer and I'm very drunk
How do you cope with the alcohols?
>>
>>65845696
Honestly, it's not a drink that my pub sells or that any customers ever ask for, so I have no idea really. We do sell cocktails, but it's mostly just mixing together a couple of spirits then adding some fizzy drink or juice, it's not a proper cocktail really. So I could Google it and try to find an answer, but I'm sure you've tried that.

>>65845849
Drink relatively slowly and have a glass of water for every pint of beer you have (although you'll be pissing all the time if you do this). Quite often though I drink to get drunk, so I don't really worry about trying to handle it.
>>
File: chimaybleu.png (66KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
chimaybleu.png
66KB, 260x260px
desu
>>
heading to the beer distributor soon to pick up a six-pack for the night. don't know what i'm gonna purchase yet; this place has a pretty wide selection, so i usually just pick something i've never tried before.

f-f-friday night motherfuckers :)
>>
>>65845932
Is that good? My pub sells a few types of Chimay but I've not tried them yet.

>>65846050
Europeans will meme you and tell you American beer is shit, but you yanks are well-respected on the craft beer scene. Buy a nice APA lad.
>>
>>65846340
it's one of my favourites
>>
>>65844624
did that shit fuck your sleep man? i drink eer day but i only get like 2 or 3 hours of sleep it sucks

what you boners like drinkin?

i drink rum or the cheapest whisky i can find.

pic related it pretty good and cheap
>>
File: mate.jpg (44KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
mate.jpg
44KB, 700x466px
unironically this, god's elixir.
>>
>>65846340
was thinking of getting something on the darker side tonight, actually, but if any APA catches my eye i might just go with that
>>
>>65846340

Chimay is very good.

>>65846481

>get like 2 or 3 hours of sleep

Get that fixed, bad sleep fucks up your health. In very unpleasant ways. Maybe try to drink a little less and earlier, not right before you go to bed.

I have shitty sleep myself. I've had it since 10 years. I can sleep anywhere between 7 and 12 hours but I wake up often also I tend to go to bed way too late (it's not alcohol, i drink everyday but I don't get properly drunk everyday). Melatonin pills help for me, but I have a feeling I'm getting a little "addicted".
>>
I picked up cheap lager and Blackthorn cider to make Snakebites tonight

Never had Blackthorn but it was relatively expensive for a 4 pack
>>
>>65846552
Interested to try this one day.

>>65847315
What other ciders do they sell in your shops? Hadn't even heard of Blackthorns if I'm being honest, looks alright though. I used to enjoy a good cider, live right in the middle of cider country so I've got loads to choose from here.
>>
File: Spaten_001.jpg (3MB, 1654x3754px) Image search: [Google]
Spaten_001.jpg
3MB, 1654x3754px
this
>>
File: 20160930_201659-1.jpg (1MB, 1816x2753px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_201659-1.jpg
1MB, 1816x2753px
>>65847416
I picked up this last weekend it was pretty decent, on the dry side

The best cider I've ever had was an organic pear cider by Sonoma, on the sweet side but with less sugar than the William's
>>
>>65847573
Have you ever tried Angry Orchard? It's the only non-UK apple cider we sell, so I'm guessing it must be pretty good. I'm generally pretty sceptical when it comes to foreign ciders, I tried some Somersby cider once which was awful and that put me off them.
>>
>>65847765
Yea I've had AO it's prolly the biggest cider here (based on what I've seen) because it's disgustingly sweet. They have a green apple cider that tastes like green jollyrancher (candy)
However it does make a very tasty Snakebite Black haha
>>
Some Caol ila whiskey.

not bad
>>
>>65844624
As someone who's already been down that path, can you tell me what's in my future? I had to drink a whole bottle of vodka yesterday because I felt I couldn't make the day without it. I woke up to my mother crying over me.

I can't say that I won't do it again.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?
>>
>>65846050
Bud Light and Peppermint Schnapps.
>>
>>65847041
just been soldiering through it anyway. tired as fuck, but i get drunk enough to where i don't care

>>65848051
either she'll get used to it or she'll kick you out.
>>
>>65848051
This is why i avoid vodka
If i no longer get drunk from beer i'm lost
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.