[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what do mexicans and french think of pic related? do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

so what do mexicans and french think of pic related?

do they teach it in school?

literlly just found out about it
>>
they teach it here
their elites wanted a monarch so the austrians who were allied with france gave them one, the farmers rose up and shot him in the face the end
>>
There were 2 of them, one was because of cakes we refuse to pay
2ns was because they wanted a puppet mexican empire
Of course they teach it, 5 May is famous amongst burgers for some weird reason, for us is that day our small and weak army defeated a mayor world bully
>>
>>65812150
>cakes we refuse to pay
lmao

as in the pastry?
>>
some people yearn for those years and still get wet thinking of the empire of Maximilian, others think that those years prior to the French intervention and the itinerant republic consolidated Mexico as country, i think the people generally knows nothing of this beyond the battle of May 5. Hardly anyone knows the Battle of Camarón, almost no one knows where they shot maximiliano, almost no one knows where carlota ended...
Yes this is teached in schools but I think people remember solely May 5.
>>
File: 156745445545.png (199KB, 351x719px) Image search: [Google]
156745445545.png
199KB, 351x719px
>>65812092
I wasn't taught it, but I heard how Mexico got fucked pretty badly but a couple French.
>>
>>65812213
the french reclamations to México they were very ridiculous, so one french patissier claim that his patisserie was some kind of damaged in Mexico city and the frenc govt toke that claim and made a cause of war with it... like USA and the WMD in Irak
>>
>>65812274
interesting
>>
File: CINCODEMAYO.jpg (116KB, 1280x807px) Image search: [Google]
CINCODEMAYO.jpg
116KB, 1280x807px
>>65812220
>far to many casualites
>Queretaro
>Carlota went back to europe trying to get support died in Belgium
They remember 5 May because that was a day the government choose to be remembered for ever
>>
>>65812250
that's the kind of information that many Mexicans do not take into account when speaking of that period, Mexico did not have a well-trained army, it's just a matter of seeing those numbers to realize that. Mexico was a country with a weak tax collection, the soldiers were not salaried professionals as the French, Mexican soldiers were recruited cam ... If at this time Mexico is an independent country is for two reasons, the tenacity of the Liberals they refused to recognize the invader government and the country's size made it impossible for the French to control its entirety.
>>
>>65812291
>They remember 5 May because that was a day the government choose to be remembered for ever

Not so true, in Mexico 5 de mayo is a big deal in Puebla only, not in the rest of the country.
>>
File: juarezsm.png (668KB, 750x2324px) Image search: [Google]
juarezsm.png
668KB, 750x2324px
>>
File: 10.jpg (31KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
31KB, 852x480px
>>65812627
>>
We have good bakery because of it, so I don't mind.
>>
>>65812092
We learn about it Spanish class so that we don't look like idiots by calling Cinco de Mayo Mexican Independence Day
>>
>>65812790
Really because most of your countrymen look like idiots calling 5 de Mayo the Mexican Independence Day
>>
>>65812786
Wat
>>
>>65814973
We have good bakery because of the French, what is so hard to understand?
>>
>>65812274
I mean the WMDs referred to the mustard gas Saddam used on the Kurds

Going to war over a pastry shop is a whole new level.
>>
>>65812406
Mexico still has a pretty weak army. For a country that's been fighting for most of it's time, it's pretty insane.
>>
>>65815094
no difference between killing k*rds and destroying pastry shops fa.m
>>
>>65815130
the last thing we want is an overpowered army, we tried to make a special task force back in the 90s, they turned back into us and became the most violent group of criminals in the last century.
That's why we prefer organized killing squads that shoot you in the slightest suspect of being a narco.
>>
>>65815130
Probably because half of our country isn't hellbent in invading the other half for ideological reasons, and we don't expect any of our neighboring countries to do something similar, also we've had bad experiences with military dictatorships.
>>
We only mention it but dont go in details, since we mostly talk about the European theatre.
>>
>>65815292
>>65815275

Mexico in itself sounds like its basically a failed state, or maybe it's just shitty people.

Who knows. You probably know your country more than me, but that's it sounds like.
>>
>>65815387
Mexico is a failed state and that's the way Mexicans like it.
>>
>>65815387
nah. state is well and functioning.
Since we declared war on narcotrafic everything went to shit though, we should've let Americans OD'd on our shit meth.
Mexico is peaceful in the big majority of its territory, danger arises in disputed territories like the north, but as long as you keep away from drugs, sketchy places you'll won't get in trouble.
>>
>>65815482
>north
I thought the south wanted to split as well. Viva Zapata and all that jazz.
>>
>>65815656
They don't want independence, only autonomy.
>>
>>65815656
by disputed territories I mean places or routes managed by certain criminal organizations, they call them "plazas"
deep south villages have some kind of autonomy called "usos y costumbres" which is a sort of self governing regulated by indigenous believes and customs.
Zapatistas are free to govern their own chunk of land in Chiapas, little people know what really happens inside it and many European commies go help the cause, though most of them give up and instead live in designated dead end hippie towns like San Cristobal.
>>
File: senora siesta.jpg (54KB, 528x960px)
senora siesta.jpg
54KB, 528x960px
>>65812250
this was not fair.
they attacked during siesta naps.
>>
>>65812406
mexicans really believe this? lol. do you think it was native or even mostly native mexicans that fought against the french? are you retarded?
>>
Daily reminder that Maximiliano II died in El Salvador in 1936.
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justo_Armas
>>
>>65816224
also said mexico is mostly non-violent. yea, in the places where there are no people
>>65816305
whats the meaning of this?
>>
>>65812092
we don't, i only know about it because of my interest in history
pretty sure 99% of people here don't know anything about it

in fact my program went like Napoleon>WW1 and skipped everything in between
>>
>>65816224
by that time racial divides among military were very uncommon (we even had an indigenous president).
Also why would any Spaniard wanted to help at that time? we were pretty much as liberal as it could get. Maybe I'm loosing some chunk of relevant history information in there but I'm pretty sure that by the 19th century indigenous and Spaniards had been fucking each other's brains out so much they no longer kept information about their bloodline.
>>
>>65816509
>pretty sure 99% of people here don't know anything about it

Basically, Napoleon III took advantage of the US distraction with the Civil War to flout the Monroe Doctrine and install a puppet government in Mexico headed by an Austrian archduke.

Maximilian was proclaimed emperor but failed to gain any support from most of the Mexican population, who instead formed resistance movements in support of the ousted Benito Juarez. While the rebels could not be suppressed, it was also impossible for them to remove Maximilian from power, as he was propped up by several thousand French troops. Thus a stalemate ensued until the Civil War came to an end, and the US immediately demanded the recall of the French troops from Mexico or else. Fearing the huge, battle-hardened US military, Napoleon quickly complied. Besides, the French garrison in Mexico cost a lot of money.

After his support withdrew, Maximilian apparently didn't know when to quit and instead decided to make a fight for his throne, after which he was arrested by Mexican troops and shot. The end.
>>
>>65817231
Should also add that Maximilian initially had the backing of the Catholic Church, which was upset at Juarez's secularization moves and so they requested a full reinstatement of all Church privileges and mandatory religious education, but he said that he alone would decide this and so left them disappointed.
>>
>>65816509

This, history lessons at school are focused on what happened in Europe.

France did a lot of foreign interventions in the XXth century (Mexico, China, Algeria, Vietnam...) but we never learn about them.
>>
>>65812092
Eh, personally I prefer discussing 1846-48.
>>
>>65812150
>bully

LIES

>>65812274
kek

You actually paid us

MADMEN
A
D
M
E
N
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 306x164px
>France lost a war to Mexico
>>
>>65820144
Not really. We left and they killed Maximilien.
>>
We don't learn much about it, the second Empire is pretty much overlooked
>>
>>65817231
Pretty sure Napoleon quit Mexico because of the looming Franco-Prussian war, not because of the threat of the US military.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.