/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF the white house isn't in washington?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 1450549194619.png (3MB, 1920x981px) Image search: [Google]
1450549194619.png
3MB, 1920x981px
WTF the white house isn't in washington?
>>
>>65738451
top meme my friend

but trust me, as a resident of Washington state, it's completely fucking annoying that 99% of people refer to Washington DC as "Washington"
>>
>>65738476
At least you have american citizenship.
>>
>>65738476
washington = washington, dc
washington state = washington state
>>
>>65738476
Maybe it's a west coast thing as I never heard of this.

We just call it D.C without Washington.
>>
File: Grays Harbor County.jpg (64KB, 573x604px) Image search: [Google]
Grays Harbor County.jpg
64KB, 573x604px
>>65738451
No it isn't but hell is
>>
>>65738476
why didn't they name us Columbia or whatever?
give me a history lesson senpai
>>
>>65738476
how is washington
whole fucking country is moving there
>>
>>65738536
It already is called that.

District of Columbia
>>
>>65738451
>that geographic gradation in the middle
butifel
>>
>>65738563
it can't lay claim to both Washington and Columbia, dummy
>>
So what is the point of Washington State? I feel so embarassed because I've literally told people irl I wanted to day trip to the white house

t. vancouver
>>
>>65738557
>whole fucking country is moving there
its being ruined because of this. too many people, too much traffic.

fix your fucking shithole states, stop running from your problems
>>
>>65738494
get good at programming and come work for some tech company here in WA f-a-m.

they'll get you a green card easy, they do it for Russians and Indians

There's a decent amount of Poles in Seattle. Not Chicago level or anything though.
>>
>>65738598
being the home of Bill Gates, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, and the volcanic eruption in the 80s that shook houses 4 hours away and killed that one photographer who cover his film with his body to save it
>>
>>65738599
Was considering clackamas because of the weather, but maybe I'll stay over here if its really that bad. maybe maine has an environmental equivalent to the clack

hears rent rates in portland fell by .1%, so things may be looking up
>>
>>65738598
for being a spooky spot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salish_Sea_human_foot_discoveries
>>
>>65738599
Puget Sound area is literally THE most perfect place to have a house.
>rarely gets above 80, not as hot as Portland
>rarely any snow
>green forests and large mountain ranges in every direction
Nothing beats the climate here.
>>
>>65738633
It will start to be better when the light rail systems are finished and people start using them (hopefully.)

right now though the Seattle area all the way down to Tacoma is miserable. Too many people, too much traffic and mostly foreigners. Then Seattle is jam packed too.

fucking hate it. I wish the weather and high property taxes/value would deter people like it used too, but after the recession housing was cheap and everyone moved here.
>>
>>65738614
I have a friend who lives almost two hours away from Seattle and his job employs illegal Mexicans.
>>
>>65738451
Wtf i hate america now
>>
>>65738557
I don't live in Seattle so I don't really deal with the biggest influx of other-state-immigrants, but I fucking love it here man.

>beautiful nature (forests, mountains, lakes, ocean coasts, more desert-y shit in the east, canyons, gorges, rivers, etc etc)
>big businesses and strong economy (Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks, Weyerhauser, T Mobile, Expedia, Amazon, Costco, the list goes on and on)
>legal weed
>low crime
>great food, a lot top tier asian food and shit
>regional pride (cascadia)
>good sports support (>inb4 le Xhecucks XDXDXD)
>literally any activity you want to do, you can do (skiing, hiking, camping, hunting, good local music, very politically active, ocean related shit, etc etc ect)

People in Seattle and Portland get super butthurt about it because rent is getting more expensive there, but if you can move to any part of this map that is blue, then do it. I guarantee it's better than anywhere in the country, and tied with Minnesota and New England.
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (49KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
49KB, 600x649px
>>65738529
>mfw I remember that Montesanto exists and that I live less than 30 minutes away from it
>>
File: oregon-021.jpg (1004KB, 2094x1338px) Image search: [Google]
oregon-021.jpg
1004KB, 2094x1338px
>>65738690
Oh... yeah I would never live in Seattle. It just sounds awful from everything I hear. If I do decide to move out I would not live in the big cities, and probably not in Washington.

>>65738711
Yeah, my parents were thinking of living there but decided on the east coast. They still remember how untouched the nature was. I guess I just hate living in Megacity 1. I was thinking of living in the blue circle areas since they're less popular... still not sure though. If it is a lot like New England maybe I'll just move up there.
>>
File: georgia.png (69KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
georgia.png
69KB, 600x312px
Why the fuck Georgia isn't in the US?
>>
>>65738765
I know those feels washington bro
>>
>>65738765
Whats so bad about Monte? I live there right now oddly enough. Elma and of course Aberdeen are much much worse. Elma especially
>>
>>65738798
You should move to mason county, specifically the western side of it. not too far from civilization but it's literally peace and quiet rural country.

>>65738936
I don't know about that man, aberdeen is a pretty big shithole.
>>
>>65738936

I was mostly memeing but Montesano always seemed just really sad to me, mildly rundown and sort of a dead end, like a small town that kinda missed out on some of the charm that other cities like Poulsbo have.
>>
>>65738798
I don't know if i'd say it's "a lot like New England" but it's similar in high education, low levels of crime, and overall standard of living. The PNW definitely takes the edge with regards to the natural resources and biodiversity, and I don't think even they would argue that
>>
>>65738451
Lol! So cutely! Next you'll be telling me that Canada City isn't the capital of Canada!! I mean like I know right!?!?!?
>>
>>65739077
Well your right about that. It's pretty much a dead end. All of Gray's Harbor really. And if your here for too long your here for life.
>>
>>65738476
washington is the name of the city, not washington, DC

(ps UW refers to the university of wisconsin)
>>
>>65739104
>>65739019
Thanks for the tips guys. If I move out I'll def try to aid the PNW community
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.