[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my gf wants me to move to russia with her how badly will my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1433190911813.jpg (66KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
1433190911813.jpg
66KB, 848x477px
my gf wants me to move to russia with her

how badly will my standard of living go down?

serious thread
>>
>>65722486
drastically

Good luck lmfao
>>
she wants igor to fuck her
>>
>>65722486
you should think if you love her enough to make such decision, I would take the risk if I were you 2bh
>>
The food is much more expensive, I think. You’ll need to learn how to cook and get used to wearing more layers in winter. Cigarettes are $1.3 per pack, I don’t know about drugs, probably harder to find. You will definitely find people to be different, that’s the most major change.

t. made it up on the spot, never been outside Russia
>>
>>65722486

I've lived in Russia for two months, what I noticed was:

>A lot more police officers/security guards (oхpaнa), maybe you have a lot on Burgerland as well, but for me the change was dramatic
>metal detectors at all metro and train stations
>no-one gives a fuck about the metal detectors, you can either walk through it or go around it, doesn't matter (unless you don't look like Russian)
>If you don't look like Russian then get ready for random check-ups, especially at border zones and metro/trainstations
>Food is very cheap, eating out at lunch time is literally as cheap as making food in Finland and that is in a restaurant (at Nevsky they have a Coffee and Breakfast where you get 3 dishes and drink for 488 rubles at lunch time so it's 6,5 euros, also -70% discount during night)
>Apartments don't cost anything, if you go to the end of the metro line in to some semi-shitty district a new apartment the size of 50sqm in a modern commie block is like 10-20k euros
>Taxis don't cost anything, if you aren't retarded you use taxi apps like rutaxi where you get fixed price you know before you step into the taxi and the price is always the same. I was 1,5 hours in a taxi during rush hour and it cost me 370 rubles so a bit over 5 euros. In Finland that would've been maybe 120-170 euros
>The police sucks, if your wallet gets stolen for instance then you have to deal with the police of the district where it got stolen, you can't do it at a police station closer to you
>the system in general is quite bad, a lot of papers to fill and very little progress if you try and get something done
>people tend not to care that much, it's probably a soviet thing but no-one tends to be the one to take responsibility in Russia and that's very frustrating
>traffic rules are more like traffic advises, the shit you see in youtube actually happens regularly in Russia and when compared to most western countries the Russian traffic is quite insane
>>
>>65722486
Your gf sounds like a treasonous whore.
>>
>>65722486
>>65724294

>Russians are generally hospitable and nice people, though there are also assholes and straight up crazy people. Talking English can get you in threatening situations.
>There is a lot of poverty and social issues in Russia, more than in old EU countries or probably in the US
>many Russians are very patriotic
>many Russians actually like Putin and firm leadership
>as an American, you'll probably get into conversations related to war between your country and Russia and other political shit
>there are a lot of hookers in Russia if your gf gets boring, the price is also quite cheap for a westerner
>you shouldn't drink tap water
>food safety isn't at the same level as in the west
>alcohol is cheap (outside of SPB you could probably get 0,5l of vodka for like 100 rubles, in spb the cheapest I saw was like 150 rubles)
>tobacco is cheap (about 1-1,5 euros a pack and you can also get tobacco from Belarus for like 30 cents a pack)
>Russians don't generally talk English, maybe 2-3% of them are willing/capable of speaking it.
>>
>>65722486
Why is it always Americans that always ask retarded shit like this? Why is it always Americans that do retarded shit like this? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>65724562
>Talking English can get you in threatening situations.
huh
>>
Just make sure to rape the locals and you'll do fine champ.
>>
>>65724294
>>people tend not to care that much, it's probably a soviet thing but no-one tends to be the one to take responsibility in Russia and that's very frustrating
That’s true. People may seem rude and unreliable to the max if you come from a western country. That’s where racism and homophobia rumours come from. No we’re not racist or homophobic, we just treat everyone like trash.
>>
>>65724634
Talking Russian can too. If you’re talking to a stranger, you may be doing something wrong.
>>
>>65724634
you are the bad guys there. Just like arabs in the US.
>>
File: 8978657445.png (495KB, 750x520px) Image search: [Google]
8978657445.png
495KB, 750x520px
>>65722486
What the fuck do you think you fat cunt Russia is a third world country with a crippled economy and a dictator. just return your mail order bride you stupid fuck
>>
>>65722486
yeah she tried that shit with me too until i dumped her. how she doing these days? sry her pussy's so loose, i did that
>>
File: russian_children.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
russian_children.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
>>65722486
I would be like moving to Congo, just more aids.

Watch out for cannibalism. Many russians are starving due to sanctions so they sometimes steal children and cook them for food.

No indoor toilets. Russians usually shit outside or out the window.
No warm water or central heating, so it's common to light indoor fires in winter. Many russian appartments have holes in the floor just for that.
Needless to say russians also don't bathe. If they do it usually happens in natural bodies of water, like lakes or rives. If there is no lake near your house, you don't bathe.

The police is not there to stop crime. They are only there to make sure people worship/respect putin and stalin and savagely beat anyone who shows signs of disloyalty. They are also there to extract "taxes", which basically amounts to attacking people in the street and taking their stuff.
Most neighborhoods still have statues of Lenin that people are required to bow to when they pass.

Most of the population can't read or write. A few percent look whitish, but most are clearly asian.

There is very little care for old and sick people. No wheelchairs for the disabled either. You often see elderly people walking on all fours in the street.

Russians are very superstitious. Many carry small statues of lenin/stalin and now putin to ward off evil spirits. Evil spirits spread americanism and can make children go blind and make women's breasts sag.
>>
>>65726418
You bow to any statue just in case. Especially Dzerzhinsky or Marx.
>>
>>65726418
>Most of the population can't read or write.
You’ve made that up.
>>
>>65722486
Only if you mind living on 500 dollars per month
>>
File: Moscow_city.jpg (624KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Moscow_city.jpg
624KB, 900x675px
>>65726418
It's true.
>>
>>65726983
250 dollars.
>>
>>65727095

A girl I met in SPB was studying some social studies at the university and she said she'll make like 15-20k rubles a month when she graduates. How can you live with that little money, that's literally like 200-250 euros. In Finland you could literally only buy food and an apartment in some small town which has a population decline.
>>
>>65727433
You only pay for food, clothes and bus fares.
>>
>>65724864
Yeah I'm sure skinheads jumping people totally doesn't happen in Russia. Totally.
>>
>>65722486
sent to gulag
>>
>>65727620
I know for a fact it does. What’s your point?
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 350x383px
>>65727706
>no we're not racist or homophobic
>>
>>65727780
So the fact that I know 10 people who are not skinheads and never jumped anyone is extreme luck on my part?
>>
File: 1462363785858.jpg (14KB, 462x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462363785858.jpg
14KB, 462x314px
>>65727844
yes
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.