[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evolution, Intelligence & Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 8523400592376523.jpg (40KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
8523400592376523.jpg
40KB, 650x300px
http://phys.org/news/2010-02-intelligent-people-unnatural-values-human.html
>>
>>65717072
Shkreli is sure a dumb bitch then.
>>
File: 1474854402886.jpg (26KB, 348x321px) Image search: [Google]
1474854402886.jpg
26KB, 348x321px
>>65717072
>liberalism and atheism
>novel to the human species in evolutionary history
>>
>>65717410
Seems to corelate just fine with the world.
China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc.
And they are the smartest after IQ.

Niggers often are very religious, believe in all kind of magic and ghosts.
Niggers have the lowest IQs.
>>
>>65717410
Well, dogs and monkeys aren't exactly either of those things.
>>
>>65717565
>China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc
>>
>>65717072
seems like yet another pop-sci article where being intelligent = being a Liberal toady along with a load of other vague wank that can apply to millions
>>
>>65717821
Japanese Shinto for example they have shrines for all kind of demons and ghosts.

But if you ask a japanese Person if he believes that there are actually real ghosts and demons how won't say yes.
>>
>>65717565
>China, Japan, Korea are manly culturally bond on religious stuff but don't really believe in ghost entities etc.
um.... lad?
get a grip and go to Asia sometime.
>>
>>65717946
So Asians believe in ghosts, magic and gods?
>>
>>65717565
You yourself are saying that both are religious, that's no correlation. Religion isn't "magic and ghosts", that's just cultural mythology which has been integrated into most religions.

>>65717669
Animals are anarchistic my dude. It's the ultimate form of liberalism because it's the lack of all social organisations and restrictions.

And how can you say animals are religious?
>>
>>65718066
yes
I lived in Japan for two years and there are LOADS of folk supersitions alongside buddhist though.

"atheism" is a Western European creation, primarily a protestant one, adhering to Protestant ideas of reality and humanity, just inverted.

desu this article is rubbish since it conflates correlation with causation.

many inteligent people are Liberal because they grew up in wealthy homes with good education to liberal parents and end up going to good universities which further enforce the liberal dogma.

Id argue someone who rejects liberalism in that case would be more novel rather than merely going with the flow.

also the idea that social thinking is evolutionary novel is utter bullshit, considering we have examples going back as far as philosophical writing has existed.
>>
>>65718126
Lots of Animals have social organizations.

>that both are religious
I stated the difference between a cultural haritage and actualy percieving it as reality.

Example:
I am a catholic. I grew up with catholic education at school. I do believe in god and I value the christian morals.
But I don't think that god is a personal god, I don't think that jesus actually really did wonders.
Those stuff is mythology and legends formed by people.
The core of it is what contains what you really should take from that religion. And it has lots of parallel to the teachings of Epikur.
>>
>>65717919
i'm sorry but ithink you know nothing about asian people.
go to your nearest chinese owned shop and tell me if they don't have hanged talisman there.
asian people owed their success to their humility and superstition.
and yes huge chunk of asian do believe in ghost and have tons of ghost stories

t. chinese
>>
>>65717565
Except Chinese, Japanese, etc. cultures are all bounded by thousands of superstitions

The only time China and Korea are secular is during communism
>>
>>65718460
>I am a catholic.
>I don't think that jesus actually really did wonders.
I don't think that's how religion works, Anon.
>>
>>65718460
Their organisations aren't nearly on the same level. No animal has law or a government.

And as >>65718497 & >>65718562 have pointed out, the correlation you claim doesn't exist.
>>
>>65718497
I am talking about this:
https://blog.gaijinpot.com/japan-religious-atheist-country/

>>65718562
Superstitions are not necessarily took as serious as you make them.

>>65718703
Exclude me then Anon, I don't give zero fucks not!
>>
>>65718562
China is hardly "secular" though

people will say they don't believe in god then make offerings to all sorts of ghosts and house spirits.

to be honest though I prefer the very "personal" faith that East Asians have compared to the lofty and overbearing impersonal faith of European Christianity today (in many cases)

its also why I like Catholicism better because making pilgrimages and being surrounded by all the symbolism makes the faith much more personal.

I did a pilgrimage recently in Quebec, it basically involves you hiking up this tall mountain to a small chapel on the top where some saint's bones are held.
I'm not sure I believe in the superstition surrounding relics but it was pretty cool to hike up, there were lots of little shrines all the way and fountains of springwater for people to drink built into the rock
>>
>>65718797
desu the entire article is typical bunk to make liberals feel better about themselves.
>>
>>65718896
It is scientifically proven that marxism makes sense for people in the IQ range of 100-108.

Obove and under rarely take a grasp on it. I think it's border where you are able to understand the logical constructin of the theory but don't get the idea of asking it basics in question.
>>
>>65718815
then how about stop believing everything you know from the internet?
not to offend you but this is why superstitious asian tends to be more successful than non-superstitious one, that they have humility to admit they don't know how universe work and always respect the deeds of the seniors.
its like placebo effect, it won't work if you knew its a bollock.
i'm not a superstitious, but i do respect them who do
>>
>>65719143
Children from religious families here are also in general following:
Healthier
More succesful
Less likely to be criminals/drug additcs
Live longer
are wealthier

and yet?
>>
>>65719143
>this is why superstitious asian tends to be more successful than non-superstitious one, that they have humility to admit they don't know how universe work
But they know exactly how the world works, Anon.
Ghosts and spirits, see?

I don't understand how people don't understand how secularism works.
>>
>>65719061
if this were true then there wouldn't be legions of proles fighting in the jungles of India or South America for Marxism.
>>
>>65719253
inteligence does not exclude violence.
>>
>>65719216
>Children from religious families here are also in general following

And here it's different
>Poorer
>Prone to be I'll
>More likely to be criminals/drug addicts
>Live less
>>
File: 1474161913646.png (247KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1474161913646.png
247KB, 760x572px
I wish everyone here actually tried to back up what they claim it's true with empirical evidence and not just pull shit out of their ass and say 'This. This is how the world works'.
>>
>>65719487
How come? Don't they follow values?
How can a believing Christ become a criminal?
>>
>>65718896
Bingo, the best part:
>for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence
>it's fine to be cucked because it means your partner is more intelligent!

>>65719240
What he's saying is that they trust the supernatural to manage what's above them or outside their understanding, like they trust their seniors IRL.
>>
>>65719216
so what, my father was superstitious and i dare to bet he's smarter than those people in tech institutes.
again, superstition isn't always about ignorance, sometime its about humility.
just admit that you're wrong about chinese people
>>
>>65719553
I am not wrong, you just didn't understand me properly.
My father is very superstitious too and he is not dumb.
This is not what I am talking about and you are also not representative of the chinese people in specially not in mainland China.
>>
>>65719488
I agree, I'd like to see the data behind dogs and monkeys being conservative and religious.
>>
>>65719538
>Don't they follow values
Nope, most go to the Church on an older age to atone all the shit they've done in their youth. These Evangelical people usually live in the worst neighbours in my city, whereas the richer ones are usually populated by atheists, non-practising Catholics and other religions
>>
>>65719708
Well, this does not fall under religious life.
>evangelicals
>>
>>65719627
>you are also not representative of the chinese people
gee, i wonder, just like i said, i'm not superstitious and more westernized.
and if you think chinese people are just superstitious because of culture, try give them hotel room numbered 4 and see if they don't freak out.
>>
>>65719796
Try giving a German Hotel Room number 13.
Most hotels here don't even have this room.
>>
File: 1000g iq2.png (75KB, 957x667px) Image search: [Google]
1000g iq2.png
75KB, 957x667px
>>
>>65719546
Doesn't this say: Dumb man = wants more women
Smart man = wants one woman

Woman: Smart womam: wants fuck around or only one man
Dumb woman: wants fuck around or only one man

In this case the cuck meme is like it's ok to cheat on all women and dumb man but not on smart man.
>>
>>65719761
They go to the Church every Sunday to listen to their "priest" preach, they themselves lecture the Bible to the people they know and even have their favourite passages, yet usually don't follow half of what they preach

>>65719796
>try give them hotel room numbered 4 and see if they don't freak out.
I thought that was a meme, but I heard it with hospitals instead
>>
>>65720032
Going to the church != religious life.
Religious life (like living the fucking morals) = religious life.
>>
This isn't exactly rocket science. People that are smarter tend to ask "why?" more. So if you're like 10 years old and your teacher is telling you why America is #1, the dumb kid would just go ok, I accept it, no questions asked. But the smart kid will ask why America is the #1 country and may or may not accept the explanation.
>>
When will the smart Asian meme end?

Ingesting volumes of information to them vomit it onto a test and forget is not good learning. Reporting high city test scores while ignoring rural failure is not proper representation. Rampant and accepted cheating does not give a fair indication of academic capability.

Good work ethic sure, but they're not exceptionally intelligent. Some time spent among them or in any of their countries will show you that.

A global standardised test overseen by a 3rd party judicator would give a good indication of global standards, but that doesn't exist.
>>
>>65720186
this
sure I know smart Asians but the idea that all of them are way ahead of the average European is laughable.

most of them just cheat as hard as possible anyways, same with pooindaloos who are even worse since they will become TAs then leak the answers to their little group.
>>
>>65720186
You don't prepare for IQ tests and how will you cheat on them?
>>
File: A0xTp5Z.jpg (14KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
A0xTp5Z.jpg
14KB, 245x280px
>>65719656
I never said they were, and you should be smart enough to figure that out.

I said:
>Well, dogs and monkeys aren't exactly either of those things.
Which, were you not making baseless assumptions about my thoughts and actually prepared your arguments based around my own, should had made you realize that I was trying to make a point about these animals not being smart enough to be religious, secular, conservative or liberal, much less be able to understand the nature of such concepts.

This would mean that, yes, liberalism and atheism are novel to the human species in evolutionary history by virtue of the fact that no other species of animal on Earth is capable of the logical rationalization that would lead to such ideas.

So please, read and think before you speak.
>>
>>65720259
t. dumb whitey is mad
>>
>>65717565
>correlating IQ with intelligence

loving this meme
>>
>>65719872
alright if have it yourself why do you insist on >>65718815? (Superstitions are not necessarily took as serious as you make them)
i tell you what, there's thousands, probably millions of traditional chinese medicine clinic in china with methods based on nothing but fixing the flow of "soul", this show they're serious about it, and i mean "bet my health and life on it" serious
>>
>>65720280

Ignoring the debate on IQ tests themselves, I was referring to the general school and university test scores that are used to compare globally.
>>
>>65720403
There is no accepted definitin of inteligence to begin with.

IQ tests those traits that are seen as needed for reasonable thinking and logic in the first place. Those traits are very important for our worklife and science.
>>
>>65720788
its a test for mental retardation you retarded mongoloid
>>
>>65720576
>I was referring to the general school and university test scores
That's not part of the discussion here.

>>65720821
Yes also.
>>
>>65717565
Those statements are so wrong, you don't know naffin man
>>
>>65720296
M8 liberalism and conservatism, and theism and atheism are both mutually exclusive. Saying something isn't one implies that it is the other.

Stop being such a pretentious faggot.
>>
File: 425842387651.gif (89KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
425842387651.gif
89KB, 500x268px
>>65721868
I see you didn't understand anything of what I was trying to say.

Too bad for me, I guess.
>>
>>65722043
>mutually exclusive
Do you know what this means? They're also collectively exhaustive if you want me to be verbose.
>>
>>65722302
Yes. I know exactly what being mutually exclusive means and I can tell you that something someone's socio-political, religious/secular stances has absolutely nothing to do with probability theory.

You're suggesting that something being
>liberal or conservative
or
>atheist or theist
are the only two possible outcomes from this situation, as if it were the a coin toss, when it is actually the throw of a multi-sided dice.

A rock isn't liberal or conservative. It has absolutely no understanding of anything, ever.
You cannot claim that a rock is conservative simply because it isn't liberal. There are grades of liberalism and conservatism, and one of those grades is an absolute zero towards either side of the scale. Being conservative-Liberal is NOT collectively exhaustive situation.

The same with religion.
Do you not know of agnosticism, or any other non secular/religious stance that there is?
It' is not a mutually exclusive situation, much less a collectively exhaustive one.

Stop trying to shove mathematical theory into sociological stances. Probability theory has absolutely nothing to do with this.
>>
>>65723127
Desu I see liberalism and atheism as ground states. This depends on one's definition of conservatism, but to me it means more structure, uniformity and restrictions - the ultimate (practical) form being commie-style state uniforms and such. Liberalism is "anything goes", whereas conservatism is "anything goes except x".

The same goes for theism, If something never thinks of a deity it's still atheistic, because it doesn't believe in a deity. Agnosticism is just indecisive atheism because theism is an explicit belief.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.