[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Challenge: You wake up in Ancient Greece. How do you prove to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1470270972673.png (649KB, 1800x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1470270972673.png
649KB, 1800x1195px
Challenge: You wake up in Ancient Greece. How do you prove to them that the Earth orbits the Sun without telescopes or any modern technology?
>>
I show them with a telescope
>>
Probably trough maths and physics
>>
>>65694729
>passed up on Ancient Greek in school for French
welp, about time my bad decisions got the better of me
>>
Why would I bother? How would that benefit my situation in any way?
>>
>>65694729
It will take years, but track the routes of Mars Jupiter and Venus. Then explain the helio-crntric model.
>>
by plotting the orbits of mars can prove that the earth orbits the sun too
this was how they proved orbits were not circular because of the retrograde motion of mars during the night
>>
build a telescope
>>
File: muikee.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
muikee.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
make their waifus orbit my cock
>>
>>65694815
It's just a thought provoking question faggot it's not like you're actually gonna wake up in ancient Greece
>>
>>65694913
>their waifus
GAAAuuyyyy
>>
Didn't Aristotle already prove the world was round in ancient greece with the earth having a round shadow during a lunar eclipse?
>>
>>65694729
see
>>65697233
greeks already knew what some americans doubt over 2000 years later
>>
Impossible. I don't speak ancient greek.
>>
>>65697233
Very iffy """proof"""
It showed that the Earth was round but not a sphere. A disc would also cast a round shadow
>>
>>65694910
this
>>
>>65697233
>Didn't Aristotle already prove the world was round
No, it was some other Greek in Egypt.

>>65697275
It's pointles to make all these hipster jokes when you don't have any friends who'll laugh at them.
>>
>>65697233
To add to this he also said
"there are stars seen in Egypt and [...] Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly regions."
>>
Dig two holes about 2 miles apart from each other and stick poles strait up in them. Then me and another time traveler measures the difference in the shadows... Or something like that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.