[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there were so many invasions of Muslims to Europe, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

How come there were so many invasions of Muslims to Europe, where they enslaved and raped the populace, but so little invasions of Europe to Africa and the Middle East?
>>
>>53886314
That's a great question, but if you want to keep that "A" then you should know not to ask your humanities professor.
>>
Because the Western Kingdoms had very little interest in such invasions, apart from the Holy Land because the Pope promised goods.
It was the Byzantines that should've done something about it, but they were complete idiots. Still are, we just call them Greeks now.
>>
>>53886314
this is cherrypicked af
Doesn't even show the 1/10 of crusades and showing small clashes and raids as "jihads"
>>
>>53886314
Because Muslims are savages.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c4a_1453307140
>>
>>53886314
Europeans favorite past time was fighting among themelves

While Muslims were spread among a way bigger land so the fights among themselves while normal, had a lesser impact in their future alliances.

But also, that's a really shitty image.
>>
>>53886314
How is muslims conquest relevant since we kicked them out of europe?
>>
>>53886314
Reconquista was technically a crusade.
>>
>>53886314
Read about Russo-Turkish wars.
>>
File: ytg.png (6KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
ytg.png
6KB, 448x357px
>>53886514
>kicked them out of europe
>Muslims
>France
>>
>>53886314
>so little invasions of Europe to Africa and the Middle East?
>All these years of slavery, colonialism and imperialism
Truly an American level of ignorance. Canada is oficially imbecile country now.
>>
>>53886314
because stoopid coomskins keep posting stoopid moops
>>
>>53886528
it was a civil war
>>
>>53886514
Yeah you sure kiccked me out o wait i'm here with most of my extended family
>>
>>53886673
>we freed ourselves and shit
>>
>>53886764
Almost all the spanish muslims were iberians.
>>
>>53886792
>we wuz muslim and shit
>>
>>53886611
>t. churka
Without Russia in charge of the place you'd be an impoverished shariah shithole now desu
>>
>>53886764
He does have a point. Apart from top management administration, almost every single muslim living in Iberia was already of Iberian ancestry.
It still was a continuous war against Berber administrators, though.
>>
>>53886833
Are you retarded or just a sandfrog?
>>
File: African-admixture.gif (70KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
African-admixture.gif
70KB, 800x581px
>>53886865
You sure?
>>
>>53887051
That genetic admixture comes from before the Ice Age, dummy. The berbers that came here pretty much left on zero genetic legacy.
>>
>>53887051
Do you realize that admixture is way older? Otherwise you can't explain why Granada is less african than Asturias that was never under islamic rule.
>>
>>53886314
The muslim invasion in iberia was not a jihad and the reconquista wasn't a crusade aswell.
>>
>>53887334
It sorta was, though. We got tons of help from passing ships on the way to Crusades. Our own first king was the son of a french nobleman who was on his way to a Crusade.
>>
>>53886314
>>>/stormfront/
>>
>>53887425
One of the norwegian kings that stopped in Santiago was a fucking cunt. He helped to liberate some portuguese cities, though.
>>
>>53887581
Quem?
>>
>>53887155
>>53887153
This one says explicitly "NW African" though and has Iberia range between 3-8%
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GWhNZcfTQ2hMSK9Ni1IqG7aXHB00SRE5L6ED2osPs9M
I thought there was no migration over the strait of Gibraltar in ancient times? So mustn't it have come with the Moors?
>>53887499
>>>/Pakistan/
>>
>>53886314
Not pro muzzy but >>53886436 is right.

cherry-picked as fuck. And most of this Muslim shit was against other Muslims. Show northern Europe. Show the 100 year war. Show South America.
>>
>the current year
>this meme map is still posted
>>
>>53887648
>I thought there was no migration over the strait of Gibraltar in ancient times?

Says who? Northwestern iberians even had trade with the British Isles during the neolithic.

>So mustn't it have come with the Moors?

Again, explain why is Asturias and Cantabria more african than Granada when they were never under islamic rule.
>>
>>53887746
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>53887648
There's a theory that some homo sapiens sapiens during the migrations crossed the strait of gibraltar instead of anatolia(etc).
>>
File: varg laughing.gif (491KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
varg laughing.gif
491KB, 500x290px
That map fails to show the christian conquest of pagan europe, and the christian conquest of themselves during the 30 year war (lol)
>>
>>53886314
Pretty sure a cursade raided Constantinople and basically laid the foundation for Muslim conquest of large swaths of European land.
>>
SO LADS, DEM MUZZIES ROIT!

I GET PROPA MAD SEEING MAPS LIKE DEEZ ROIT!!!!

GOTTA BASH DEM IN DA GOBBA!

FOOKEN PAKIS
>>
>>53887916

The Ottomans held large swathes of European land before Mehmet captured Constantinople.
>>
>>53887648
Of course it says "NW African", that's literally just the name they gave it. Doesn't mean shit.
And there was, though. Archaeologists have a very clear culture pattern going on in Southern Iberia and Northwestern Africa in the Stone Age called the Iberomaurusian culture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberomaurusian
>>
>>53887887
>30 year war
>Implying it wasn't just about power with confession only used for brainwashing the dumb peasants into dying on the battlefields for their overlords
>>53887779
>>53887857
Well maybe there's something to it, hard to asses which percentage from your NWA DNA comes from ancient times and which one is younger, but I refuse to believe you literally killed ALL of them during reconquista, I mean not even the Swabians were completely killed (there's some tiny amount of DNA left from them)
>>
>>53888113
>but I refuse to believe you literally killed ALL of them during reconquista, I mean not even the Swabians were completely killed (there's some tiny amount of DNA left from them)
They weren't killed, they were simply expelled. Even the Iberian muslims, which is why some Berbers these days literally look like us.
>>
>>53888013
Well sure, but Mehmet conquered a weakened Constantinople. There is no denying that the 4th crusade permanently crippeled Byzantium.

Whetever the incompetents in Byzantium could have quelled the rising threat of the Muslims had they not been pillaged, I don't know.
>>
File: Southwest-Asian-admixture.gif (73KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
Southwest-Asian-admixture.gif
73KB, 800x581px
>>53888113
>but I refuse to believe you literally killed ALL of them during reconquista

They were little in number and many berbers went back to Morocco after the conquest because they were given shitty lands. After 200 years almost all the iberian christians converted to islam. Again, check the fucking map, the west-east gradient doesn't make any sense if you believe all the african blood came from the berbers. The only one that makes sense is the southwestern asian admixture and even in that case could have come from the phoenicians, including the punics. Or even maybe Tartessos was originally founded by people the Middle East instead of an autoctonous culture.
>>
>>53888240
The biggest threat the Byzantines had right before the Arabs started doing their thing was Justinian's Plague.
>>
>>53886457
Here's an interesting fact. The Mongols, Timurids and Persians caused way more trouble for the Turks/Ottomans then Europe until the 17th century. In fighting goes both ways.
>>
>>53888240
The Ottomans would have gotten it either way, but the Fourth crusade and the following civil wars helped a lot.
>>53888393
That plague was almost an entire millennium before the fall of Constantinople, and even after the Arabs kicked some Byzantine ass, they actually fought back and even had a period where they gained the upper hand during the Macedonian dynasty.

The Seljuqs actually did some serious damage to the Byzantines, after Manzikert the Byzantines were basically doomed in my opinion
>>
>>53888605
Yeah I wasn't talking about the fall of Constatinople, sorry. I was just talking about the rise of Islamism.
>>
>>53888113
It's not that we killed them,it's what came next,they got segregated after forcefully converted(they had 3 choices:convert,die,run),they were called new christians and were labelled that way so people wouldn't marry them or just to be aware.
Then the inquisitions came and fucked everything...
Only some jews have managed to sucessfully integrate stealthly by adopting portuguese surnames
>>
>>53888721
This, people had to demostrate that they were cristianos viejos (old christians) for many things like becoming a civil servant or travelling to the New World.
>>
>>53888605
Pretty much
The lost of the armenian and border themes was a blow the romans never recovered from. Those were the themes that provided the empire with soldiers
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.