[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me what you know about chicago, /int/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: skyline.jpg (57KB, 900x268px) Image search: [Google]
skyline.jpg
57KB, 900x268px
tell me what you know about chicago, /int/
>>
The university I attended was fucking infested with them

Not even Chicagoans really, just the faggy suburbanites who all said they were from "Chicago"
>>
Good pizza
>>
it's a shithole
>>
>>53709778
that's me 2bh
at least my city borders chicago, there are others further north that claim to be chicagoans despite being 10+ miles away
>>
Something about hospitals and morgues
>>
>>53709748
According to most people I've met from Chicago that skyscraper is called the Sears Tower not the Willis Tower.
>>
>>53709831
Just be honest and say you're from Naperville or Carol Stream or some shit like that, there were so many that even the other natives at my university would be able to recognize them as suburbs.

The worst is that city like 50 miles away from the city that has "Chicago" in the airport name, too lazy to look it up
>>
>>53709748
Trax Records is from there
.... and that's it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4Ilfloekc
>>
>>53709864
This is objectively correct, whoever Willis is can suck my dick
>>
Best pizza, greatest local fast food chain (Portillo's), nice downtown but go a mile in any direction and you're in the ghetto.
>>
>>53709748
Third largest city in the USA
Full of blacks
Good university
That's all I know
>>
>>53709867
lad i can be in chicago after a 30 min walk, its easier to say chicago to john brown from minnesota. If anyone is familiar with the are I'd elaborate

but yeah, shit like naperville is too far, I havent even heard of carol stream
>>
Northernmost mexican city
>>
>>53709748
chicago sunroof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkZ15zBcJTU
>>
>>53709748
Like most cities, it's great to visit, but I could never live there.
>>53709831
Evanston?
>>
Chicongo
Chiraq
Obama
Pizza
Cubs
Windy city
>>
>>53709902
God, I miss Portillo's so much.
>>
>>53709957
>evanston
yep
>>
Somehow its Shicago, I dunno why.
Its has bulls.
>>
>>53709748

two famous nigger and has biggest debt in the us
>>
File: er7-21.jpg (39KB, 550x200px) Image search: [Google]
er7-21.jpg
39KB, 550x200px
This one.
>>
This guy is from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDFaEBjA7PU
>>
>>53709748
Constantly compares themselves to NYC, despite being almost as shitty as Detroit

They call that disgusting cheese casserole "pizza"

One or two presidents are from there
>>
>>53709988
mai fakkingu niggeru

If they actually aired E.R. in Japan that would be fucking hilarious
>>
>>53709978
Best view of Chicago is from the Evanston beaches. My future wife was living on campus at Northwestern for the first 6 months of us dating.
>>
>>53710005
>t. New York
>>
>>53710025
ever hear of the rocks?
northwestern campus painted rocks on the shore, people usually smoke there but it has goat skyline view
>>
it's okay. very gridded, some neo-greco architecture is okay. lots of black people shooting each other in the south - otherwise a generic leftist city

>>53709902
more of a lou malnatis guy but that's okay too

>>53709986
i can see how you'd notice that more given how hard ch's are in slavic. it's pronounced the same way the word "chic" is in english as well.
>>
>>53710046
Yup. Suck it nigger
>>
>>53710048
Naw, my wife was a major nerd. She didn't try pot until a year after we met, and she was my only connection to that town. I'm from LaSalle county.
>>
File: 1434266387044.jpg (740KB, 3421x2281px) Image search: [Google]
1434266387044.jpg
740KB, 3421x2281px
It's my kind of town.
>>
>>53710066
Why? I don't even live in a city. Cities are hell.
>>
If you like electronic music, Chicago is known for-
Juke/Footwork, Acid Techno, House
>>
>>53710005
Why does the pizza thing trigger New Yorkers so much?
>>
>>53709918
>Third largest city in the USA
How did you know this? I had no idea
>>
>>53709778
>>53709831

fuck these people. they are EVERYWHERE in the midwest
>>
>>53710209
insecurities about their own
>>
>>53709778
University of Illinois?
>>
>>53710160
It's certainly the birthplace of those genres. These days it doesn't produce much that's remarkable.
>>
Chicago vs. New York pizza fights are hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 970x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 970x706px
>>53710209
It really doesn't, it's the same fag every thread. I will say though I'm not a fan of how it looks.
>>
>>53710360
>tfw the last time we ordered Giordanos my """""brother""""" wanted to get thin crust
i still haven't let it go
>>
>>53709867
If you spent time travelling around youd realize that people from the suburbs are from chicago. Those communities have the same culture the same people the same streets the same economy and the same problems as the city proper. People from the rest of the country dont see any difference. Dont be such a snob w your neighbours
>>
>>53710421
Giordano's makes a thin crust? Why?
>>
>>53710801
Everybody I meet from Illinois is from Schaumburg.
>>
>>53710360
After strong /int/ promotion I want to try this kind of pizza but seems like no one makes it in my town ;_;
>>
Hello. My name is Ivan. Chicago is a capital of a Great Britain.
>>
>>53709748
I hate chicago, its cold, its full of rich jews, hipsters, and yuppies, it has a bunch of detroit tier nigs, it's special food is pizza which is a pretty boring food- it's just tomato meat pie. And plus it's in Illinois, a generic boring state full of corn fields and losers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEXQrH92d68
>>
File: chicago.jpg (542KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
chicago.jpg
542KB, 1600x1067px
>Most underrated downtown area in the country.
>Gets a bad rap for it's crime, the vast majority of it happens in maybe 5 neighborhoods like Englewood, Garfield Park, and the Lawn (there are around 77 in the whole city)
>More mexicans than you think
>A lot of areas on the west side are gentrifying quick, despite that it is still one of the most affordable cities in the country.
>Great universities and community colleges
>El and Metra are good ways to get around (fuck driving)
>Excellent parks and architecture.
All in all decent city. I've grown up in rural NC and Kansas my whole life and I am definitely leaving once I graduate college. Rural living is hell on earth.
>>
mafia
>>
>>53709748
Gangsters
>>
It's a pretty good city, the haters be damned. I was born here, and have lived here all my life, and it's an interesting city to get around in. I'd certainly like to see the government get its act together, though. I was thinking that Illinois could institute a City Manager for it like Michigan and Detroit but
a) Illinois is just as corrupt as a state as Chicago is as a city,
b) The whole Flint water thing is a bit of a tarnish to the whole City Manager idea, but if it happened to Chicago there'd be a far bigger hubbub about it, and
c) As bad as it might be, and all memes aside, it's still not nearly as bad as Cleveland, let alone Detroit.
>>
>>53711141
>cold
This 2bh
>full of rich jews
Eh, not really to the extent of NYC,
>hipsters
Mostly contained within a few neighborhoods,
>and yuppies
Fair enough
>detroit tier nigs
Again, contained wholly on the South and West Sides,
>special food is pizza
And Hot Dogs, and Polish Sausages, etc.
>In Illinois...
Again, most cities, especially NYC and Philly, are in states whose rural areas are pretty boring.

So, your criticisms are valid, but not really specifically against Chicago per se.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.