[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any country that is not in debt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Debt-Problem.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Debt-Problem.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
Is there any country that is not in debt?
>>
>>53557363

Liechtenstein
>>
>>53557403
Thats kind of a cop out answer, they are small and irrelevant tier
>>
>>53557448
Like your mum
>>
>>53557363

greece not so fast
>>
>>53557363
Greece
>>
>>53557363
yes but they are shit
>>
Debt is not inherently a bad thing, especially not when talking about national economies (as opposed to personal finances).

Healthy countries issue bonds to have liquidity. Liquidity is extremely important, because budgets are usually set annually and an annual budget cannot anticipate all costs or discretionary spending. The bonds are extremely safe forms of debt.
>>
File: 1452116075524.jpg (49KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1452116075524.jpg
49KB, 330x319px
>>53558748
I was going to post that but now I'm in your debt
>>
>>53557363
Macau
British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Palau
Lichtenstein
>>
>>53557363
Japan, USA, Greece.

A countries debt is hard to calculate.

There exist states that hide their real debts in stateowned but by law private companies and banks. Some people would say it's fraud...
>>
>>53558971
>neo keynsianism works....
TOTALLY
>>
any relevant countries that try to issue own currency and live debt free soon see boots on the ground
>>
>>53557363
Russia. At least for now.
>>
>>53558971
>lend money to other countries
>borrow money aswel
why? just give the money you make to yourself..
>>
>>53563370
>american
who couldve guessed
>>
>>53563659
if you can't answer the question with a real explanation, then you're just as stupid.
>>
>>53563689
and what do you want me to explain? how money circulation works?
dude you are literally asking impossible, I doubt the most experienced economist would be
able to describe it fully. so what can I say about it?

tl;dr I dont like to talk shit about stuff I did not master.
>>
>>53557363
With the amount of rich people and corporations that literally don't know what to do with their money and go even as far as PAYING countries to accept their money a country would have to be fucking retarded to not be in debt.

Of course the correct course of action would be to tax those people and corporations so they don't have to suffer from such overabundance of money, but that's not very popular. After all those people and corporations feel like they might actually need those money, or the indirect influence, or illusion thereof, being owed to gives them.
>>
>>53563370

1) you're country might be able to lend money at better rates than you're borrowing. That doesn't happen often though, at least not where countries are involved.
2) country is not a single entity. You have the general government which itself is broke up into multiple entities, with probably most important distinction is between central bank and treasury, which are traditionally separated in developed economies so that treasury is not tempted to finance its deficit with printing more money. Then you have private corporations which handle their own affairs independently of government and can end up lending to or investing in an agent that will in turn end up funding their government.
3) as far as liquidity is concerned you don't want to sit on piles of cash because cash doesn't make you more money. This gets a bit subverted lately as corporations seem unable to find investments they would be willing to risk and keep the cash instead, but generally the idea is (or used to be) to give money you are not using right now to someone who will pay you for them.
This is also how financial market is supposed to bring about efficient allocation of resources: it compels agents with abundant resources to contribute these resources to agents with a business plan and shortage of resources. That's how it's supposed to work of course, that some of the business plans are literally glorified gambling or outright fraud is another issue.
>>
actually Estonia has no debts
>>
>>53557363
Brunei, Liechtenstein, Palau, Nieu, And Macau Of China
>>
>>53564709
>country
>>
>>53563370
Mostly because the government bonds functions as an alternative to cash for the banks. Essentially a subsidy, since you get a small interest payment.

At one point Straya almost paid off all it's debt, and the banks panicked at the prospect of losing their subsidy and lobbied for larger deficits.

It also serves as an excuse for austerity and keeping unemployment high.

Bt yeah, if you have sovereign currency you should just create the money as needed at the treasury.
>>
>>53563370
>American education
fuck
>>
we
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.