[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else go to school with Asian students? Was it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1386313235812.jpg (156KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1386313235812.jpg
156KB, 425x282px
Did anyone else go to school with Asian students? Was it just my experience, or did they always only speak their first language and only hang out with other Asians?
>>
Yes, they were fucking everywhere

t.Californian
>>
didn't hear them speaking their native language, but they did almost exclusively hang out with each other
>>
It's not just Asians that do this, it's just more noticeable since they stand out, since, you know, they're yellow.

I'm a Slav and we generally hang out with other Slavs.

Also blacks do this, Mexicans do this, etc.

It's a quite natural human instinct.
>>
>>53547391
>tfw you're Filipino in a Canadian university
Everyone is Chinese, and the white people just think I'm Chinese so they don't associate with me either. Other Filipinos are rare, but I don't even speak Tagalog.
>>
>>53547613
A lot of times, people will hang out in groups of their own ethnicity plus related ethnicities, so they don't necessarily speak the same language. Probably half of the people in the "Japanese" group are actually weeaboos from Vietnam or whatever.

Also, many second generations speak their language pretty badly, so the whole group just uses English.
>>
>>53548428
Don't tell me you haven't found a UN-esque group of friends comprised of others like you. I was part of many such groups in high school and university.

t. street shitter who cannot speak Hindi
>>
my Korean roommate looked it up, their was only 30 other Koreans at my uni. He wishes there was more and won't associate with Asians of other countries. Its not strange though, as someone else in the thread said everybody does this.
>>
>>53548428
Maybe you can just accept it and try associating with the Chinks. Many people don't realize how similar cultures of neighbouring countries are until they find themselves in an area with not many people from their specific country, but many from the same region.

I had a really similar experience, and ended up finding that I have a lot in common with people from countries neighbouring mine.

At this point, I've even given up on correcting people when they assume that I'm from somewhere else and just go with it.
>>
>>53548663
Making friends isn't easy for everyone. In high school I did have a group of friends like that but right now I have no friends.
>>
>>53548663
Lol, what is a "UN-esque group of friends"? Just a group of scattered ethnicities with no local community of their own?
>>
They are the worst cheaters imaginable

every class I've been in with Chinese exchange students, they get caught group cheating, it's amazing

I've heard cheating is cultural there

wonder how much they rig those IQ "scores" by
>>
>>53548795
>what is a "UN-esque group of friends"
Every solid crew in Toronto and Vancouver
>>
>>53548820
My university, especially my major is full of Chinese students. They never do assignments, they just copy off of each other. They get 100s on their assignments but get 60s on their exams. They focus too much on marks rather than actually learning. They also act like they're smarter than everyone else, including the professor, so they call the material they learn stupid.
>>
>>53549154
Are these FOBs or cbc
>>
>>53548428
iktfb
I'm lebanese but pale skinned so I fool everyone into believing I'm white and hang out with other whites.
Tbf, white college kids are the nerdiest and the most boring ones, they usually discuss manchild shit like video games or anime
>>
>>53549275
FOBs don't interact with anyone who isn't rich and from China. Either CBC or raised here.

Actually thinking about it now, I don't know many people who aren't Chinese so it's hard to say Chinese people do this. It might just be everyone in comp sci.
>>
The overwhelming majority of foreign languages I hear around campus is ching chong.

I don't mind it, unless their self-awareness has been misplaced and they raise their high-pitched voices in the library when I'm trying to read. They also smoke like chimneys.
>>
>>53549403

I'm in CS in the states

the Chinese kids are noticeably bigger cheaters, in fact I've never witnessed an American kid getting caught cheating in class but every semester I see some group of Chinese cheaters getting caught

they also go about it in the dumbest ways, some group of 5 retards will copy and paste their code and all turn it in, or during a quiz they'll all sit together and will be the last ones on the room as everyone else is done, copying off each other

this is why I think China is due for collapse
>>
>>53547391
Yes, all of the above.
I guess they're okay as long as they don't bother me/anyone.

t. uoft downtown

>>53548428
Yeah, I'm feel you bro. I'm filipino as well, but I usually don't associate with other asians. And you're right about other filipinos being rare (at least in my campus and program). The only filipino guy I've met in uni was someone I kknew from highschool...
>>
>>53547391
I can speak perfect English, I speak my jungle Asian language at home and with my own countrymen (few) but I spend more time with Americans, my dad lived in Denmark before moving here though.
>>
>>53547391
saying through second language is so hard.. unless you lived in america in more then 5 years
>>
>>53548428
you aren't one of those filipino swag fags right
>>
>>53553083
how do you deal with daily seeing white male asian female couples?
>>
>>53547391
Yeah, the teachers often told them to speak English in class because they wanted to know whether they were talking about class work or messing around.
>>
>>53549403
Nah it's Chinese.
A site where assignments are written for you was closed in Australia last year. I'm pretty sure it only had a mandarin interface because they knew their clientele.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.