[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's give a big round of applause for Detroit, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (230KB, 639x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230KB, 639x361px
Let's give a big round of applause for Detroit, you did a great job!
>>
>>53307890
WOW
>>
Why is Detroit such a wonder of a city?
>>
File: detroit.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
detroit.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>this song was produced 10 years ago
>>
File: 8WSAg86.jpg (35KB, 381x248px) Image search: [Google]
8WSAg86.jpg
35KB, 381x248px
I went there for college and I sorta miss living there.
>>
File: lube up.jpg (204KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
lube up.jpg
204KB, 600x520px
>>53307890
>>
no *reported* murders
>>
>>53307941
50+ years of Democrats in charge and strict gun control will make any city a Utopia
>>
[clapping intensifies]
>>
>>53307890
>not knowing that downtown detroit is safer than the average american downtown of its comparable size
bravo detroit!
>>
>>53307948
>tfw I'm going to University of Michigan for law school

Just by living in Ann Arbor how much is my shit going to get fucked up? I'm from the West Coast and I've never been east of the Rockies for more than a week.
>>
File: 1fA0quc.gif (758KB, 245x188px) Image search: [Google]
1fA0quc.gif
758KB, 245x188px
>>53308118
>Just by living in Ann Arbor how much is my shit going to get fucked up?

That's like asking "I hear Oakland is dangerous. How fucked up will I be in Palo Alto?"
>>
>>53307941
>Just 36 hours ago it was tortured by crime...
>>
File: detroit in winter.jpg (504KB, 2622x1962px) Image search: [Google]
detroit in winter.jpg
504KB, 2622x1962px
>>53307941

It's the biggest cast of rustbelt-itis, with a few additional tensions added to the mix. Detroit's current population is something like 38% of its 1950 peak; Buffalo, NY's current population is 44% of /its/ 1950, and Gary, Indiana's current pop is likewise 44% of its 1960 peak figure. All the rustbelt cities have suffered steep population declines, as workers have either gotten enough money to move to the suburbs or the industries those cities relied on downsized or closed up entirely, forcing people out due to lack of work. With these steep falls in population have come falls in property taxes and other municipal revenues, which have further crippled cities.

Detroit in particular has also suffered from a harsh history of racial tensions-- the 1967 riots, sparked by a police raid on a black bar, were bad enough that not just the National Guard, but the US Army even had to be called in to put it down. That encouraged an already established trend of white flight from the city, over the years causing Detroit to demographically shrink and become increasingly black as all the people who could afford to leave- who were also mostly white people- did leave, leaving the poor folks- who were mostly black- to stay in a shittier and shittier town.
>>
>>53308118

Dude Ann Arbor is the Berkeley of the midwest.
>>
>>53308482
>It's the biggest cast
*biggest case

okay enough drinking for one night

fuck the city councilmen who saw the money rolling in from Henry Ford's factories and said to each other "Yes, this will continue forever"
>>
>>
I wanna fuc
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.