[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there still hope for Quebec or is it fatally gonna become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Québec.png (9KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Québec.png
9KB, 600x400px
Is there still hope for Quebec or is it fatally gonna become integrated into the anglophone Canada ?
>>
they will never be independent, but like acadians they will keep their language alive through laws.
>>
Most of the new generation don't care about it. It's a baby boomers movement and they're all gonna die in a few years.

So I would say there is no hope unless something big happen to change this generation opinion on independence
>>
File: O6HTJDk.jpg (61KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
O6HTJDk.jpg
61KB, 500x330px
They will be assimilated like the rest of us
>>
What's happening in Quebec? I have an uncle there and I'm thinking about visiting it
>>
>>53198489
it's not the same, the UK didn't enact policies to recognize Irish as an official language for example
>>
Anglos will assimilate all, we are the Borg
>>
>>53197404

Don't listen to the anglos propaganda, they are taking their dreams for a reality. There is a strong independentist movement in Quebec, and while last polls shows that they are weaker they still hold 40% of favorable opinions.

This will only go higher and higher, with the poor economic prospect and the general discontent with Trudeau and the rising tuition fees for college students.

If Juppé wins the French presidential election, this will also play a role in this. Another thing is the huge number of French people who have recently emigrated. They are young, well educated and some of the most zealous proponent of a Quebec Libre.

So oui, il y a pas mal de chances. Bien sur les anglophones te diront que "JAMAIS TU M'ENTENDS JAMAIS !!!11!!!" mais c'est des lavés du cerveaux. On espère tous que Juppé passera en France, c'est un ami du Quebec et il sait qu'avoir un pays français en Amérique du Nord serait un gain extraordinaire pour l'influence de la France dans le monde.

Vive le Quebec Libre l'ami
>>
>>53199046
Les anglos lel quelle bande de cons.
>>
like in the rest of the first world, no one in quebec is having kids.

in about 50 years the only french speaking regions left will be rural areas. montreal is already becoming an anglo city
>>
>>53199046
Why do you want independence? What will it give to you? Look at the Ukraine and other post-soviet states, they are all the shitholes because they wanted the independece. Frankophone world is much more narrow and slow than anglophone, the secession would bring you the slowing of your developing.

[i]Russian who whinkis about moving to Canada (Ontario especially)[/i]
>>
File: whatdidyoujustsayyouhoser.jpg (306KB, 926x675px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidyoujustsayyouhoser.jpg
306KB, 926x675px
>>53199153
That's not very nice
>>
>>53199154
Don't bother searching for data on this, because you will refute your own claims.

And I live in Montréal, less than 15% of the city is actively speaking english. The few who does are often not even from Canada. And they are kind of ostracised because of that.

In short, you are full of shit anglofaggot
>>
>>53199375
>ostracised because of that
Lol, people in Ukraine had also long argued about languages, don't you want Montreal to be the Donetsk?
>>
>>53199450
I don't know about your shithole Yvan

I want my country to be free
>>
>>53199316
Don't listen to him.

Quebecois who still believe in independence are delusional children. The fact is that Quebec CAN NOT survive without the rest of the Canada. They are already the biggest welfare recipient out of all the provinces. They voted AGAINST independence TWICE.

The independence movement is totally fucking dead.
>>
>>53199519
>Muh oppression

Shut the fuck up. You are not an occupied state. You are just as much a part of this country as all the other provinces. Canada gave you a chance to leave two fucking time and you refused.

Quit your fucking whining
>>
>>53199767
>implying there was no massive frauds during the suffrage
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Controversies_post-referendum

Vous inquiétez pas les amis. Bientôt.
>>
>>53199767

There is no denying that there was some sketchy shit going on, especially the 2nd one
>>
>>53199519
Try to learn about it, it may be useful for you. People in Ukraine have been arguing about languge for the 25 yers, eastern provinces wanted to separate themselves, and finalyy they have tried after the Crimea had happened. Now they got a fully devastated land without resources and perspectives.
>>
File: Sans titre1231423453.png (572KB, 484x648px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre1231423453.png
572KB, 484x648px
>>53198332
This is bullshit.
Boomers voted no.
The new generation will vote yes.

>>53199046
>Don't listen to the anglos propaganda, they are taking their dreams for a reality.
>There is a strong independentist movement in Quebec
This.

Quebec is strong.
We will be victorious.
>>
>>53201285
>The new generation will vote yes.
Why would they want to separate in a new global world with a strong tendention to globalization and dissolving the borders?
>>
>>53201368
They wouldn't.

He's bullshiting
>>
>>53201285
Delusion: The Post
>>
>>53199153
Bien dit Pierre!!
>>
>>53197404
Quebec will remain a culturally (and to some degree politically) distinct province of Canada far into the future. Little to nothing is likely to change as far as the relationship between Canada and Quebec. The most likely changes are in fact in the direction of federalism—but outside of Quebec, across all of the rest of Canada; that is, the other nine provinces being given the same autonomy Quebec currently possesses.

So, no. Quebec will not be 'integrated' into Anglophone Canada. But it will also remain a part of the Confederation.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.