[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kpop and KAnimation already conquer the Europe. For some reason,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (93KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 396x594px
Kpop and KAnimation already conquer the Europe.
For some reason, 15,000 people gathered at Rome’s Piazza del Popolo on Nov. 10 for a flash mob Gangnam Style dance. And at the MTV Italy awards in May, K-pop boy band Big Bang won the “Best Fan” award, whatever that is.
Pucca, the oddly-drawn South Korean cartoon, achieved popularity in Europe years before Walt Disney bought the production rights and brought her to the US.
Europeans, and particularly the French, love Korean pop culture with a frenzy. Part of this may be because the K-pop sound has–in addition to the aforementioned American influences–elements of big band Europop, and is redolant of old French Eurovision acts like France Gall.K-pop bands are so popular in France that in April 2011, tickets for a multi-band K-pop concert sold out in 15 minutes, and days later, thousands of French people protested in front of the Louvre to demand a repeat performance. The story made the front page of both Le Monde and Le Figaro.
That said, Koreaphilia in France began not with music, but with film. The French have always been easily open to multiculturalism when it came to cinema, and they embraced the raw emotion of Korean “revenge” movies like Palme d’Or winner Oldboy—whose plot probably seemed familiar to the French, as it was based loosely on Dumas’ The Count of Monte Cristo.
These days, I know a number of Parisian filmgoers who have a standing policy of seeing every new Korean movie that comes out, just as they used to see every Woody Allen before he started making crap.
>>
ONE MORE TIME MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRR
>>
K anime such as pucca is being very popular in Europe some what more than j anime
>>
File: 201228.jpg (482KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
201228.jpg
482KB, 1800x1200px
THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
>>
>>53170917
>and particularly the French, love Korean pop culture with a frenzy

lel, that's complete bullshit
no one gives a shit about Korea
>>
Can't read this
>>
>>53171080
Face the fact of your country and it's people. You are just a country man.
>>
>>53171223

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>53170917
Center of Asian pop culture was 10years before was May be Japan but nowadays center of Asian pop culture is clearly it's South Korea.
Most advanced pop culture from Asia is South Korea now. Seoul is NY of Asia

No one give a shit about j pop culture or such shit except weaboo strengers.

Korean pop culture is real pop culture that is why a lot of normal people love it and want to learn its language.
>>
>>53170998
I liked pucca but it's literally the only Korean thing existing in popular culture and only thanks to McDonald's
>>
Man Japanese are fucking strict. They hardly fucking learn english and have strict as immigration policy
>>
>>53171242
I mean city young people from France loves Korean pop culture but you are May be not a city person but a Vincent van gogh.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (602KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
602KB, 2560x1600px
I love Korean women they are sexier than Japanese women
>>
>>53170917
I think Korean anime will be more greater than j anime, soon or late
Because Korean technology is already better than japan.
>>
>>53171518
Everyone of the world knows this.
It's like a common sense
Korean woman is much sexy than Japanese woman(?).
>>
>>53171518
This
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>53170917
Pucca is best K anime. Or could be say best anime.
>>
>>53171427

No, I live in the city in France with the most students, only degenerate weaboos like k-pop and that's not a lot of people.
>>
>>53171967
At least lot of normal people hate j culture such as anime. But k pop is much popular in europ and usa
>>
>>53171967
This

I live in a major student city and I've never heard anyone talking about K pop. Never heard a kpop song outside of the internet as well

People who like K pop are the same weaboos who love mangas and anime, trash
>>
>>53172053
A lot of people hate anime and j pop shit but go to k pop culture nowadays.
Korean pop culture is already overtake the position of j pop culture already in the world especially in France. I have been to France and I saw that by my real experience.
>>
>>53170917
Here very few people like K-Pop, and France is the 2nd most anime and manga consumer after Japan in the world, and it's not going to decrease or to shift anytime soon.

Some weebs with asian fetish are interested in it but that's about all...
>>
>>53170917
The Kpop "fad" is already over

Didn't even last a year

Gangnam was just a shitty normie meme like harlem shake or whatever and is barely remembered now

The window of korean pop culture becoming anything more than something people cringe about when remembering the stupid shit they used to listen to when they were younger closed a long time ago
>>
The only example of korean animation that I know of is that north korean propaganda short, since when do south koreans direct their own productions instead of being an outsourcing plant for Japan?
>>
>>53172124
Feel free to troll the japs as much as you want, but don't you try to trick me you silly gook
Japanese culture, anime aside, is still a thing in France. Korean culture? Maki and that's it lmao
>>
K-pop only ever made it "big" here in Norway with socially awkward weeaboo girls. Pucca was aired on TV, but I'd say Ghibli films were always immensely more popular than that with the general population, and manga too had a spurt of popularity here for a few years with many titles being licensed and brought over.
>>
>>53170917
You are a laughing stock. Whenever people think of your nation they think of a ridiculous fat man jumping around for 15 seconds of fame, or creepy looking plastic surgery enhanced dolls singing childish cutesy garbage.

I only know K pop from the shills on here that post it, otherwise I'd never have heard of it most likely. It's primarily enjoyed by a fringe of mentally ill weeb cùcks.
>>
>>53172239
this poster is probably an english native speaker. please ignore this pathetic attention whore.
>>
>>53170917
I have a French friend who likes k-pop and Asian culture but she says she can't openly declare she likes them because her classmates make fun of her out of it and there are few around her who like Asian culture
>>
Nothing Worst Korea can make will ever top Dragonball Z or Pokemon in popularity
>>
File: 12543658.jpg (18KB, 213x291px) Image search: [Google]
12543658.jpg
18KB, 213x291px
takeshi shut up
>>
>>53172601
Why pucca not? At least pucca (Kanime) is more popular than hallow kitty clearly though.

>>53172239
You are hopeless weaboo racist. Kpop is already conquered French like many years ago. Face the reality you old minded fag.
>>
>>53173258
man you have an inferiority complex
>>
>>53173258
Sure thing my micropenis friend
>>
>>53172601
Dragon ball z is toooooo old
I'm talking about advanced new pop culture from Asia such as kpop
And Pokemon is just popular from small kids like 5years old.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (20KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
20KB, 402x402px
>zainichi still exist
>>
>>53173343
Typical racist jap appeared
There is no zainichi or such things existed
There is people who kidnaped by Japanese army at ww2 and force to work at gunkan island and force to be sex slave though
>>
File: a.png (14KB, 526x265px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
14KB, 526x265px
>>53173343
zainichi speak japanese. but he doesn't.
he just enjoys watching the reactions from jap posters. please pay no attention.
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 272x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 272x273px
>>53170917
All these Zainichis praising my shitty irrelavent home country
Feels fucking good desu ; . ;
기분 좋아.
>>
>>53173553
I guarantee he is not Japanese or Korean. He cannot write either language. He either Chinese or a English teacher
>>
>>53173319
Vancouver, Melbourne and Paris. At first glance, these three cities ― located on opposite ends of the globe ― may not have much in common.
But there is one thread that connects all of them together: Korean music, otherwise known as K-Pop. On the eve of the first large-scale concert in Europe by Korean artists ― SM Entertainment is taking their performers to Paris on June 10 ― the fever surrounding Korean culture is growing faster than ever, and bearing down on countries worldwide.
On May 20 at The Rogers Arena, home of the Vancouver Canucks, the stands were filled with fans of a different kind as JYJ, a popular three-piece Korean idol group, took the stage as part of their second world tour. That night, one thing was clear: for the hundreds of thousands of fans watching around the globe, it was going to be a good night. The crowd erupted in rousing cheers as JYJ stepped onto the stage.
Simon Stawski, a Canadian-turned-Korean-blogger now working in Bucheon, west of Seoul (www.eatyourkimchi.com), said the reason why K-Pop has become a worldwide phenomenon has to do with how the Korean music industry works. “The K-Pop music scene is like a well-oiled machine,” Stawski said. “There’s a science behind it, and it just seems like a perfect factory.”
Meanwhile, in Australia, fans organized events of a rather different nature. On April 21, over 500 people showed up in downtown Melbourne to show their love for Korean music with a spontaneous dance-off. Jacqui Tran, one of the organizers of the event, said she had been very pleased with the turnout and the enthusiasm. “We never expected there to be so many K-pop fans in Melbourne,” she said.
The heat from Vancouver and Melbourne is spreading to Paris, where the arrival of Korean idols is creating palpable waves of excitement among young Parisians.
>>
>>53171518
Correct. But French is better
Agree?
>>
Meanwhile listening to Psy's old work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1jTRAWtzg
>>
File: Monet_Japonaise.jpg (4MB, 1494x2454px) Image search: [Google]
Monet_Japonaise.jpg
4MB, 1494x2454px
Well, Japanese culture and anime/manga is indeed quite popular. We are the weabooest country in the world after all.

But honestly, I never heard anyone talk about K-pop, other PSY and Gangnam style. Maybe it's popular among teenages girls ? Also, Korean movies are pretty good, I will admit that.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.