[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Scotland as a country? Are the people nice, is it dangerous,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (22KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 2000x1200px
How is Scotland as a country? Are the people nice, is it dangerous, is it a calm country, etc etc?

Bonus question; is it a considerably dangerous country for a woman to live in? In terms of robbery and rape and shit
>>
Better than Sweden.
>>
>>53151633
>as a country
Not a country. They were asked their own opinion about it and they voted no.
>>
please be in Lund
>>
>>53151696

Learn what "country" means, please.
>>
>>53151633
Stay away from Glasgow. Edinburgh is a lovely city . The Scots themselves are nice unless they're Celtic fans.
>>
>>53151666
XDDD

>>53151696
Replace country with kingdom then and there you go
>>
>>53151633

Like all countries, it depends where you choose to live.

Try Leith, Glasgow. I hear it's lovely this time of year.
>>
>>53151633
it's a country of freeloaders, and no, it's safe as long as you stay out of the shit areas of glasgow. or at least it is currently, it won't be in 5 years once the SNP has got their way and opened the floodgates.
>>
>>53151696
It is a country, dumbass.
>>
>>53151633

Scot here

>Are the people nice?

We're generally apathetic unless you give us reasons to like or dislike you.

>Is it dangerous?

Depends where you are. Our biggest city, Glasgow, is the murder capital of Europe. Not really anything special other than that. Typical football hooligan culture that any European nation will have.

>Is it a calm country?

I'd say yes, nothing much happens.

>Is it considerably dangerous country for a woman to live in?

I'm not sure, but I live near an area which has a bridge we've nicknamed the 'rape bridge' because it happened so much there. Much better than Sweden though.
>>
>>53151755
>Replace country with kingdom then and there you go
Kingdom of Scotland has not existed since 18th century m8.
At most I can call it province .
>>
>>53151934
>'rape bridge'

We need to let Moldova know about this, maybe the two of you can work out some sort of cultural exchange.
>>
>>53151934
That's nice to hear. My best friend is moving to Scotland for educational purposes and I'm worried as fuck. I'd allahu akbar shit up if something happened to her
>>
File: eh.jpg (18KB, 248x235px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
18KB, 248x235px
>>53151953
>>
>>53151752
This man isn't a true scotsman. Confirmed English settler.

Glasgow is literally the cultural hub of Scotland and home to the warmest hospitality. Edinburgh is nothing but a dreary student city.
>>
>>53152027

Just tell her to avoid Glasgow and she'll probably be fine.

Smaller towns and villages can be cosy as fuck.
>>
>>53151752
Edinburgh is boring
>>
>>53152121
Sweet, thanks man
>>
>>53152175

BTW, by 'avoid Glasgow', I mean stay away from any part of Glasgow that isn't the town centre. The town centre is completely safe and a great place to go shopping/get food.
>>
>>53152077
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_effect

Glasgow is a fucking blight on Scotland, Edinburgh is the best city in the UK.

>>53152161
Good, means I don't get dirty fucking junkies asking me what my phone is and if they can look at it.
>>
>>53151752
Glasgow is fine, and it's Rangers fans who are the problem.
>>
>>53152077
Ah yes, Glasgow, home of all manner of deep fried things and football hooliganism.
>>
I'm Irish so I'd be welcomed in any part of non proddy Glasgow right? I know how to deal with hard cunts.
>>
>>53151633
A dreary shithole of a "country".

One of only two places I've experienced racism irl. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>53152397

Just hang around Celtic fans/areas. You'll be popular af.
>>
>>53152077

>Edinburgh is nothing but a dreary student city.

'no'
>>
>>53152402
T. An English proxyfag
>>
>>53151633
it's not a country
>>
>>53151633

some of them tried to rip our country apart not too long ago so fuck them desu
its a beautiful place though very nice
>>
File: 1412451336261.png (119KB, 940x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1412451336261.png
119KB, 940x1153px
>people think Scotland is a country

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA QUEBEC WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDANT! SCOTLAND WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDANT! CATALONIA WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDANT! YOU'RE ALL OUR SLAVES!
>>
>>53152788

>Implying Spain is a country

You're just a giant tourist resort. We control the only part of the Iberian peninsula that's remotely worth owning
>>
>>53152322
>waaaah the working class people scare me ; _ ;

Soft cunt desu
>>
It's full of goths and scots become ABSOLUTE MADMEN the second they get behind a wheel.
>>
Status update; apparently she's going to Aberdeen.

How is it?

/OP
>>
>>53154024
Eh, boring and radioactive.
>>
>>53151633

Aberdeen: Boring
Dundee: Slightly better than Aberdeen
Glasgow: Interesting, just avoid the shit parts
Edinburgh: Truly God's city.

If you were thinking of visiting somewhere not on this list, it better be countryside.
>>
>You will never live in Craiglang and have epic banter with Jack and Victor.
>>
>>53154353
This, tbimho
>>
I lived in scotland for a couple of months and it was the best time of my life.
>>
>>53154095
Radioactive?..
>>
File: trainspotting.gif (80KB, 540x219px) Image search: [Google]
trainspotting.gif
80KB, 540x219px
How accurate was this film as a portrayal of Scottish life?
>>
>>53151666
Thanks Satan nice trips
>>
>>53155117
Slander except Glasgow
>>
>>53155063
It's all the granite they use in buildings.
>>
People are friendly, country is stunning, weather is crap.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.