[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Europeans ever truly learn Asian languages (Chinese or Japanese)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 8772e9d7c.jpg (22KB, 480x462px) Image search: [Google]
8772e9d7c.jpg
22KB, 480x462px
Can Europeans ever truly learn Asian languages (Chinese or Japanese)? Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>53138833
>Chinese
Yes
>Japanese
Not a chance.
>>
Chinese/Japanese grammar seems not so hard. Writing system is nightmare mode tho.
>>
>>53138876
you got that backwards son
>>
Maybe not Europeans, but North Americans can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfHDV8Gl0A
>>
>>53138956
Have you ever attempted learning Chinese?
>>
Ok.
>>
Ok.
>>
>>53138909
>nightmare
We learn chinese character in elementary and junior high school for 9 years.
English is only 6 years tho hahahahha
>>
>>53138833
You can learn any language. There is no limitation.
>>
This guy was so good at Chinese that Chinese scholars asked him for advice on grammar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Krebs
>>
Thanks.
>>
>>53138833
MY CHING CHONG WEENUS AHAHww MY CHING CHONG WEENUSwwwww

Easy af fªm
>>
>>53138876
Huh shit. Spoken Japanese is a cakewalk son.

Chinese is hard until you realize the grammar is retard-tier easy, though people who thought pronouncing French correctly in high school was gay need never apply.
>>
afaik the difficulty with chink shit is JUST the writing system.
>>
>>53143689
Writing system is the easy part.
It is the only thing you can cling on to as the phonology is rapes you in the ass.
>>
>>53140332

Holy fugg, that guy was literally a walking universal translator. Imagine would he could do with the internet to help him.
>>
>>53143924
*for Chinese that is

For Japanese the reverse is true. Learning how to read is the huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>53138833
>Can Europeans ever truly learn Asian languages?
Vietnamese and Malay. Malay being the easiest of SEA languages, according to my research, but Vietnamese because it's Vietnam - the GOAT Asia
>>
>>53138876
Japanese is easy grammar wise and is not tonal, you basically have to watch whether you say each letter high or low, that's it.

Nips even simplified their writing to a degree. Yiu can get by with knowing only 3000 characters.

Chinese is fucking nuts. Good luck learning that shit.
>>
File: 1442492088044.png (160KB, 318x365px) Image search: [Google]
1442492088044.png
160KB, 318x365px
>China will embrace pinyinisation or cease to expand
>then the "HARD RANGUAGE" meme will die
>>
>>53144185
>i'd have spent 5 years studying this stupid ass language only to see it become one of the easiest languages on earth
no
>>
>>53138833
they can. in fact its not that hard. the problem is, its seriously time consuming. the same goes when asians learn english though.
>>
>>53138833
Finnish was once thought to be related to Japanese (Ural-Altaic) so our language is technically Asian :^)
>>
Wait, so is Japanese hard or what? Not from a English native viewpoint though (because I speak an actual language, with cases, genders and a small million of conjugations)

What I noticed is that these languages have very little grammar, but this tonality is the catch. Is Korean easier?
>>
>>53145025
Korean has a proper alphabet. Japanese writing system is messed up as fuck. But still Korean is obviously hard to learn for European.
>>
>>53145178
Koreaboo, what about the grammar?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 250x241px
>>53138833
Japanese
You mean easyese.
>>
>>53145178
이 폴락 병신이 한국말 한다고?
>>
>>53145283
It is a catastrophe worse than Japanese and Chinese combined.

More particles than Japanese
More formality conjugations than Japanese
and More Exceptions than Japanese
>>
>>53145416
So Japanese is the easiest?
God damn diaspora lobbies, make up your mind....
>>
>>53143924
whats with the phonology
>>
>>53141095
Do the characters have the same difficulty in Chinese and Japanese?
>>
>>53145564
Much easier in Chinese despite having to learn more of them.

How they are used in Japanese makes learning how to read and write in Japanese much harder.

Many/most Chinese characters used in Japanese basically have two or three standard "readings" for every word they used (or if they stand for themselves) with possibly additional specialized readings for certain words. There are so many exceptions that you basically have learn how to identify the correct reading of every word by context and experience.

>>53145501
Very large number of vowel phonemes.
Aspirated vs unaspirated consonants.
Aspirated approximant / unaspirated approximant / fricative tripplets of consonant phonemes.
>>
>>53138833

Absolutely.
>>
>>53138876
What the fuck man that's completely backwards. Japanese is so easy to speak correctly. Chinese has tones and that makes it a fuck ton harder.

Only thing that makes Japanese harder is the grammar and the fact that they remove pieces of sentences leaving you guessing a lot.
>>
>>53138833
Chinese grammar is piss easy, litterally caveman speak
Tones aren't hard if you train properly
The writing isn't hard but very time consuming
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.