[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if the USA just decided to "liberate"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: nuclear.jpg (67KB, 597x331px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear.jpg
67KB, 597x331px
What would happen if the USA just decided to "liberate" North Korea right now?
>>
>>53116240
NK would demolish Seoul. NK has so much artillery pointed at the SK capital that, assuming it is all working, they could kill almost half of Seoul's population and almost level the city.

After that, NK would be gang raped from almost every direction and the war would be over in probably a week.
>>
>>53116240
It's not an easy task to unite Koreas. Imagine Worst Korea flooded with these people seeking better life. They need to nuke Evil Kim in the head then slowly restore the cunt which will take lots and lots of money. Gonna be a long story.
>>
>>53116367
But assuming the USA attacked first. Would NK have time to "nuke" Seoul?
>>
>>53116398
At this point I don't think South Korea wants to unite anymore. The burden would be too heavy.
>>
>>53116400
Nuke? No. The only way they could nuke Seoul would be to load the nuke into the back of a van, drive it to Seoul, and set it off. The artillery is a few miles back from the edge of the DMZ, so I'd give them 2-3 hours before US forces would over-run the closest artillery positions. Now, assuming that the US has been preparing properly, they could set up C-RAMs in and around Seoul, which could shoot a large percentage of the incoming arty out of the air. Seoul would get out a bit bruised, but not destroyed.
>>
>>53116467
Some people want but their government takes it real.
>>
File: shop_close.jpg (68KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
shop_close.jpg
68KB, 400x320px
If the US mess with best korea, they would have problems with Russia
>>
>>53116400
I'll do some research to see the maximum distance from the DMZ that NK arty could be positioned.
>>
>>53116546
>load the nuke into the back of a van
The longer we wait to deal with north korea the worse.
They will eventually develop the technology to actually launch a nuke.
>>53116575
And with China too I assume.
It just boogles my mind how we can just let something like North Korea exist.
Why doesn't China annex it? Or Russia?
>>
>>53116654
because north korea is a good backyard
>>
taking North Korea wouldn't be an issue.

it would be China after it is all done that would be the issue. guaranteed problems.
>>
>>53116711
>>53116678
So we just have to accept that North Korea has to exist because no one wants to deal with the big dogs? (USA,Russia,China)
>>
>>53116766
>no one wants to deal with the big dogs?
yeah, and just like i said before, north korea is a good backyard for both russia and china
>>
>>53116654
They will eventually, which is why an offensive war against NK is one of the things that I actually support, and I don't often support offensive wars.

Now, I've done a bit of reading and playing with google earth. The artillery that NK would use to strike Seoul is the M-1978 Koksan. It is a 170mm gun. There is not much information, but we do know that it has a maximum effective range of 60km. Now, that gives you a 41 km line along the DMZ of where that artillery could be set up and be accurate. Some places along that line are up to 12km deep. Now, we have no figure for how many Koksans are in use by the NK military, but I would bet that every single one they have are pointed right at Seoul, due to the fact that they never appear in NK military parades. Now, NK produces them domestically, but it's NK, so I would assume they probably only have 50-75 units. Each unit, however, takes a lot of man power to operate. Now, assuming they have 75 units all pointed at Seoul, they could fire 22 rounds per minute at the SK capital. Assuming adequate C-RAMs are around Seoul, that drops it down to 7 hits per minute. That is one 170mm shell every 8 seconds.

I wouldn't want to be in Seoul should that happen, especially if my estimates on how many units they have is low.
>>
>>53117029
Thanks for the input.
Conclusion has to be that, no matter what, South Korea would suffer.
>>
>>53117186
Yes. It's worse when you take into account that it would take hours to stop the barrage, maybe longer.

You really have to look at whether letting tens of thousands of SK citizens die in the opening siege of the war is a fair cost for taking down a nuclear armed megalomaniac. In my opinion, it is. Kim isn't some dick just posturing, he's insane. I fully believe that if he gets a working nuclear missile, he will probably use it.

I don't think China would intervene. These days, they have closer relations with SK than NK. However, we shouldn't expect there help in reconstruction.

It would also have a deep economic impact. You would be accepting millions of untrained and slightly brainwashed individuals into your country. You would be building the infrastructure of an entire nation. It's not easy.

Also, thanks for the discussion. I always enjoy thinking through scenarios like this.
>>
>>53117315
>brainwashed individuals
this is the biggest problem after the liberation (with or without war). People in North Korea live in their own world. How do you transform 20million people that have been brainwashed into productive members of a capitalist society? I see absolutely no way of doing it.
I think China, Russia and the USA waited too much to solve this, the only outcome I see is the one we adressed here which is war.
>Also, thanks for the discussion. I always enjoy thinking through scenarios like this
Thank you, too.
>>
>>53117460
>this is the biggest problem after the liberation
how are they going to get "liberated"?
>>
>>53117515
In this hypothetical situation it would be by overthrowing the dictatorship.
>>
>>53117460
Given as there are people who constantly try to defect, I think it's probably not as bad. There must be some knowledge as to how awful they have it.
>>
>>53117556
>it would be by overthrowing the dictatorship.
well i don't think that the US along with SK will ever have chance of doing that
>>
>>53116546
ayy lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF79U0B_ze0
>>
>>53117575
That just makes it worse. Just imagine, knowing that at the other side of the border you are free. That you can eat and drink what you want. But instead you have to stay where you are and do as you are told or else you are sent to a labor camp.
I would rather not know that at the other side of the border I would be free.
>>53117588
I want to believe that it will happen to North Korea what happened to Germany.
Country gets divided and Russia and China take a bite of the territory and the rest goes to SK/USA.
>>
>>53117685
>Germany.
germany was the enemy of the allies......north korea is an ally of Russia, and i don't think russia will let others to mess with her backyard
>>
>>53117719
Let's say that what >>53117315 said would happen
>I fully believe that if he gets a working nuclear missile, he will probably use it.
Russia wouldn't defend NK in this situation. No one would.
>>
>>53117781
that insane man have already said that he'd nuke the US and SK, but russia and china told him to shut up..and as a good lapdog he did it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.