[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Murica has the best economic policy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (900KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
900KB, 750x1334px
Everyone else doesn't know what's going on. Long live the USA!!!!!!
>>
File: net wealth.png (69KB, 911x392px) Image search: [Google]
net wealth.png
69KB, 911x392px
>>
File: UScitiesGDP.jpg (3MB, 5511x4258px) Image search: [Google]
UScitiesGDP.jpg
3MB, 5511x4258px
>>
File: tradedef2011.png (14KB, 525x315px) Image search: [Google]
tradedef2011.png
14KB, 525x315px
>>51178996
Yeah. America has the biggest trade deficit in the world. We are #1.
>>
>>51179099
The US imports a lot of shit. Big surprise.
Lots of developed countries have trade deficits.
>>
>>51179170
The USA also exports less than it imports, meaning there is less demand for United States goods and therefore less wealth in the United States. This trade deficit is only increasing with the appreciation of the USD.
>>
>>51179231
I know. I get it. But The US has had a trade defifict since the 70s. I'm not an economist so I won't go too into it. But I guess it will be alright.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/historical/gands.pdf

Nonetheless, The US is pretty sucessful economically.
>>
>>51179314
Yes, the USA has had a trade deficit pretty much since Bretton Woods was disbanded. There needs to be serious changes to US fiscal and monetary policy or else the United States will have a balance of payments crisis similar to the Eurozone. This means increased domestic government spending, increased money supply, increased taxes, and the devaluation of the dollar. Government spending does little if it is invested abroad. Needless to say the American economy has a lot of problems.
>>
>>51179314
Also, here is a good article about the United States crisis in the 70's.
http://www.nber.org/papers/w10497.pdf
>>
>>51179467
We could start by in some legal and non-oppresive way forcing our corporations and companies to return productions of goods to the US.

Doubt it.
>>
>>51179566
Wow. Looks good.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>51179576
In my opinion the greatest problem facing the United States is corporate tax loopholes and generally money in politics. We are reaching Gilded Age income inequality where the top 1% of people are sending wealth overseas and draining American production. This has caused the dollar to appreciate, leading to as I have mentioned before, the huge trade deficit. Outsourcing is a huge problem and that problem will be exacerbated with the new transatlantic and pacific partnerships. That is why we need to encourage corporate investment in America by increasing government spending and the money supply. Corporate tax cuts theoretically don't work and have proven not to work.
>>
>>51179718
Again, I'm no expert. But how many loopholes are there? and where all of them closed (hard to do I imagine) how good would it be to the economy?

I keep hearing about loopholes but I never even hear for a proposal to increase taxes to the entire country. AFAIK european nation have much greater tax rates. Woulnd't an increase in those help? But of course noone wants them.
>>
>all americans ITT

where the hell are the european memers?
>>
>>51179812
Corporate taxes are among the highest in the world. That is a facade and our taxes are unenforced. Many of America's most profitable corporations have payed almost nothing in income taxes while the rest of Americans foot the bill. Comcast received more from the government than it paid in taxes. Look up corporate tax loopholes for examples. Those were paid for by money in politics.

If the US Govt can receive more taxes it can increase government spending and borrow less from foreign lenders as it has done for the past couple of decades. Granted US foreign assets have very low interest rates compared to domestic foreign assets meaning that the US pays very little for borrowing. Check out the USA Financial Account for more information on foreign borrowing.

http://pennbpc.org/many-profitable-corporations-pay-little-or-no-us-income-taxes
http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/z1.pdf
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.