[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans fat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

Why are Americans fat?
>>
because they eat a lot of unhealthy food
>>
>>51067971
this.
>>
freedom
>>
evolutionary trait, it's to resist bullets
>>
Because USA has a lot of cheap and delicious food that people love to eat it.

Its a very very good problem to have. Many Africa kids would give anything to have a surplus of really cheap and delicious food.
>>
>>51067931
most privileged nation

life is 50 times easier in the US than any other country
>>
>>51068002
>>51068003
>>51068076

we are fatter than america, therefore we are more free, more evolve and more priviledged
>>
>>51067971
>unhealthy food leads to obesity
Are people literally this idiotic about nutrition word wide?
>>
File: kioski.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kioski.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
Fat American is cherry picking.
They have a large population so automatically also a lot of fat people.

Every country has fat people.
>>
>>51068125
it baffles me that you know the word "therefore" but at the same time you can't spell "privileged"
>>
the problem with USA is not thet they have many fat people, it's that they have a significant ammount of very obese people. The fattest people I've ever seen here, were American, and more than once. The top 1% of their fattest people, are non-existant in other countries.
>>
>>51068125
your diet is 60-80% carbs

rice, beans, you'll put on more weight eating that than eating meat and vegitables
>>
File: 4FatLadies.jpg (28KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
4FatLadies.jpg
28KB, 400x371px
>>51068709
>>
File: 1447302515266.png (2MB, 1135x976px) Image search: [Google]
1447302515266.png
2MB, 1135x976px
>>51068724
>americans eating vegetables
>>
Corn subsidies
>>
File: horrified-face.jpg (8KB, 217x265px) Image search: [Google]
horrified-face.jpg
8KB, 217x265px
>>51068757
Delet this
>>
I just ate an entire large pizza today. But it's okay because I took a vitamin with it.
>>
They haven't realised that sugar is literally poison, and they put it in all of their food products (even savoury).
>>
Big country for big men
>>
They have very large portions, sugar in everything, live a very sedentary life style.

America is beyond saving, only hope is move to an asian country where they ridicule fat people and live off of rice/fish
>>
>>51068757
2hot4me
>>
>>51072447
It's really hard to find anything with sugar in it anymore. It's all been replaced by high fructose corn syrup.
>>
>>51067931
1. Many of us often travel great distances and live in very large places, so drive cars and trucks everywhere, instead of riding bicycles or walking the way most others do (lack of daily exercise)
2. Gym memberships are often very bad business decisions (lack of daily exercise)
3. We work indoors at a desk instead of subsistence farming (lack of daily exercise)
4. Sport programs at public schools are bad, ineffective, or non-existent for legal and political reasons (lack of daily exercise)
5. We eat large portions of carbohydrates and fats (bad diet)
6. Some of us are just plain lazy, or see fatness as a social status indicator, as in "I don't have to do physical labor for a living" or "People bring things to me because I'm special" (just...bad)
7. Because we don't care what you think of us (meh)
>>
File: thefuck homer.jpg (81KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
thefuck homer.jpg
81KB, 259x383px
>Why are Americans fat?
Because of an unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle. What other reason would it be? Do you think Americans are somehow genetically different enough from humans elsewhere on Earth that their physiology is affected by different things to yours?
>>
>>51067931
Because they can be fat.

>>51075412
>1. Many of us often travel great distances and live in very large places, so drive cars and trucks everywhere, instead of riding bicycles or walking the way most others do (lack of daily exercise)
You also walk your dogs while on a car.

>2. Gym memberships are often very bad business decisions (lack of daily exercise)
lorlwhöt

>3. We work indoors at a desk instead of subsistence farming (lack of daily exercise)
>Le farming-is-for-commies meme.
:^)

>4. Sport programs at public schools are bad, ineffective, or non-existent for legal and political reasons (lack of daily exercise)
Spanking and bestiality are legal.

>5. We eat large portions of carbohydrates and fats (bad diet)
>6. Some of us are just plain lazy, or see fatness as a social status indicator, as in "I don't have to do physical labor for a living" or "People bring things to me because I'm special" (just...bad)
Le fuque

>7. Because we don't care what you think of us (meh)
Don't a shitload of teens kill themselves over this?
>>
>>51067931
Because they're American.
>>
>>51067931
It depends on each family. My family made me exercise and eat well early on.
>>
>>51075637
>Don't a shitload of teens kill themselves over this?
Over what people in their lives think about them, yes.
>>
File: 1414354647249.jpg (134KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1414354647249.jpg
134KB, 768x1024px
I see lots fats at the mall I work at
>>
>>51067931
too much sugar
>>
I still haven't seen a Mexican family that isn't full of bloated frogs
>>
because they don't have much culture to fill the void
>>
>>51076214
would fuq to be honest
>>
>>51067931
I'd rather be fat than poor.
>>
>>51075630
>Americans are somehow genetically different
no, but their food is
>>
>>51068913
Pizza is a vegetable, haven't you heard?
>>
>>51076908
Heh
>>
File: 1278803471411.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1278803471411.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>size 0
>live in fattest state
>practically impossible to find clothes that fit, and when I do they're super expensive
>whales complain about getting an entire section of the store devoted to them
>>
File: obesity in the us.png (26KB, 350x284px) Image search: [Google]
obesity in the us.png
26KB, 350x284px
>>51067931
Nobody really knows.

Most of the factors people point to were in play before the uptrend started in the early 1970s. Like what this guy points to >>51075412 -- if that explains it, were commuting officer workers in the 1960s the fat ones, and later everyone joined them? I don't believe that and I've never seen data to prove it.

I wish I knew, because it's disgusting and we're pulling the world along in our ample wake.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.