[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Latinos always get uppity at Americans calling themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (40KB, 462x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 462x315px
Why do Latinos always get uppity at Americans calling themselves Americans? They're always "it's the name of the continent." Very annoying. I went onto a Mexican WoW server and started up a conservation in which I mentioned being American and got a shitload of "you can't call the entire continent's name for yourself."
>>
File: 33_sephko.jpg (63KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
33_sephko.jpg
63KB, 900x300px
>>51023145
you make all of us look bad
>>
>>51023145
goverment sponsored nationalistic autism that the masses love to eat up desu senpai
>>
Lmao who cares
>>
>>51023145
in a BUNCH of their original constitutions and declarations of independence (for instance the mexican) it refered to those rebelling as "americans."

and you guys kind of go "noooo you're not americans, only us" it's a bit annoying to them to. besides, in spanish you're not americans, you're united-statians.
>>
>>51023248
Yes, but that's in Spanish. Unless you're a butthurt hispanic, the English word for "Americans" is "Americans".
>>
>>51023248
just latin0 countries
spain usually call americans as americanos
>>
americans dont know there are other countries in the americas unitl like 6th grade
>>
>>51023385
you asked and i answered m8 go tell them

>>51023448
well that's because spaniards straight up don't give a shit about either side
>>
The name itself says that these United States are a subset of something larger: America. Using the name of the whole to refer to the part can be irritating.

Imagine a sovereign nation that called itself, "The United Provinces of Europe" with citizens rigidly referring to themselves as "Europeans."
>>
>>51023204
Look at your countries and you'll realize that you do that yourselves
>>
>>51023448
>spain usually call americans as americanos
we call you united-statians, north americans and then americans
and the last has only been around recently and because your propaganda
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.