[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for Toxic Paint

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 450px-paris_green.jpg (52KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
450px-paris_green.jpg
52KB, 450x600px
So I'm planning to start an oil painting using exclusively toxic pigments.

So far I've only nailed down Flake White (Lead Based) but I'm trying to acquire legitimate pairs green (arsenic) and Cinnabar (mercury). In particular I'm looking for Paris green.
Do you know of any good sources to find these paints or least the pigments at best? I would greatly prefer not to have to mull my own paint seeing this could be messy and well toxic.
I also know I'm missing more pigments and the bigger the pallet the easier it is for me.
>>
enjoy your debt nerd

[ - ]
>>
I had a teacher in the states who poured out a vial of Mercury onto every student's desk. She was a French woman and she didn't realize that it was toxic and illegal to own. She had to go around cleaning every student's desktop with cleaning supplies. A lot of my classmates dug right in and enjoyed playing with the mercury, but I just enjoyed seeing it pool over my desk... it still comes to mind in dreams.
>>
OP here, wanted to add my painting is going to be edgy and about death because it is a painting that can kill you. The message is going to be an Apocalypse of the soul.

>>3136123
What?

>>3136125
>had a teacher in the states who poured out a vial of Mercury onto every student's desk. She was a French woman and she didn't realize that it was toxic and illegal to own. She had to go around cleaning every student's desktop with cleaning supplies. A lot of my classmates dug right in and enjoyed playing with the mercury, but I just enjoyed seeing it pool over my desk... it still comes to mind in dreams.

That does nothing and metallic mercury isn't illegal to own (US) in fact you can buy it online or even some small time miner/prospector supply stores out west. It is being phased out/illegal to use in certain applications however much like lead paint is not longer allowed to be sold for household use.
>>
>>3136147
>The message is going to be an Apocalypse of the soul.
is this a cringe thread?
>>
>>3136121
If you consider lead based toxic, then you could go for cadmium colours as well. Lead paint is only dangerous if you inhale it, or I guess if you digest it
>>
>>3136172
Don't be a party pooper. Deadly painting sounds really neat.
>>
Your best bet is looking for old tubes from the 50s. I'm sure you can find someone selling powdered copper-arsenite, but trying to make paint from that would just be asking to poison yourself.

If you want to really edgy though, toxic paint doesn't cut it. The real treasure would be to find a legit tube of mummy brown.
>>
>>3136147
>deadly painting
yes
>apocalypse of the soul
no, what, literally how
>>
>So I'm planning to start an oil painting using exclusively toxic pigments
>I would greatly prefer not to have to mull my own paint seeing this could be messy and well toxic

Look at this faggot and laugh.
>>
>>3136147
>it is a painting that can kill you
Not to poop in your cereal, but I’m not sure the painting would be any deadlier than any other painting. Like, in what scenario do you see the finished painting harming a person? I’m not a doctor, but I imagine eating the Mona Lisa wouldn’t exactly be healthy.
>>
>>3136271
>Not to poop in your cereal, but I’m not sure the painting would be any deadlier than any other painting. Like, in what scenario do you see the finished painting harming a person?
Paris Green and Scheele's Green are literally poison, they release toxic fumes when in contact with moisture.
>>
>>3136283
Yeah, in inordinate fucking concentration or as raw compound, not fucking paint on a canvas.
When’s the last time you heard someone died from a Monet painting?

You’re not painting a fucking house.
>>
>>3136147
Protip: Turn it into performance art by chugging the can at the end of the exhibition.
>>
>>3136177
Kek, this guy is right. And cad yellow is the nastiest little shit I know of for getting over everything. Also, mind the cobalts, you don't want to do actual damage to yourself, with your extra edgy painting, OP.
>>
File: 1504753952752.jpg (50KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1504753952752.jpg
50KB, 449x442px
>>3136147
anon, if a key selling point of your painting is that it's made of deadly shit, what art gallery or buyer will want the liability of hanging it?
>>
What a waste of rare paints.
>>
>>3136147
>The message is going to be an Apocalypse of the soul.
[lewd furries]

>>3136172
My work will be about the Apocalypse of the Apocalypse of the soul using toxic paints that have been rendered non-toxic.
>>
>>3136332
you're what's wrong with kids these days, like somehow all the rampant consumerism has infected your brains and now you think like a bunch of mini executive producers.

like 'sex sells' is a moral justification now, and 'but how will you sell it?' rules out all artistic endeavor.

no wonder this generations anti-establishment movements are so toxic
>>
>>3136177
Cadium pigments are not as toxic as they seem so long as you don't inhale the dry pigment dust. Cadium is still used as a general pigment in for house paint unlike lead.

Lead is bad because it's very persistent and compounds it with being a neuro toxin.
>>
>>3136291
But what if he IS painting a house?
On a canvas.
>>
>>3136147
The point is that it's a substance which a teacher should NEVER bring to school if they want to avoid future lawsuits; no one can predict what an 8 year-old will do with Mercury.
>>
>>3136561
And this is why we are failing chemistry.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.