[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digitial Art Basic Pointers, Advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170909_201212.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_201212.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
Hey lads. Finally got started with digital last night and of course got my ass handed to me. Obviously not used to the tablet but other things I just need a bit of advice on. Basic things. Like what is a pretty good standard canvas size to work with? Good brush sizes and settings for sketching and inking? In general I an not a complete beginner or anything. Another thing I'm interestred in is advice about mastering the pressure sensitivity aspect and creating good lines.

This is all so new. appreciate any tips or even links to tutorials for this fundamental stuff.

I would also ask how to get used to the tablet but I think the answer is just to use it.
>>
300 dpi and u need a shit ton of ram
>>
>>3131860
16GB RAM family ain't worried about that.

I will keep it in mind.
>>
Not op but am also interested
>>
>>3131858
>>3131898
It really depends on what you're drawing, full body character? Be sure to go at least 2000x2000 so you don't need to upscale and ruin everything. There's also the typical icon sizes like 100x100, 800x600, etc. Screen sizes for wallpapers. There's printing sizes like A5, A4, And A3. You can search up their pixel equivalent with google.
>>
Go through ctrlpaint.com and you'll be fine.
>>
>>3131860
Is 8gig decend or am i cucked?
>>
>>3131873
>>3132065
The real problem is CPU and processing power. Ram is available in loads nowadays, but it doesn't matter if you computer is too trash to deal with it. This is more obvious when you use huge custom brushes and it lags. That's not a ram problem.
>>
>>3131858
>what is a pretty good standard canvas size to work with?
Depends for what. The general rule of thumb is work as large as your computer can handle. Typically for sketches you can work a bit smaller then for final pieces you work very large. A sketch might be 1 or 2k pixels on each side, and a final piece should be at least 3 or 4k, but ideally 6k+.

>Good brush sizes and settings for sketching and inking?
It's almost entirely personal preference depending on what you like and what style you have. Just play around.
>>
>>3132067
OP here. I am running i7 2.6,-3.5ghz processor.

To tge guy who asked about 8gig ram, I think you might get some chug chug working real high res with a bunch of layers but probably fine for the most part. I think for most programs 8 is the min recommended.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.