[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>comics are the hardest skill to obtain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Anyone can draw this crap, why does 4chan overrate the skill needed to draw this senseless, inane, mundane, egoistic, self-indulging medium that's intended for children, teens and manchilds?
>>
Make one you dingleberry
>>
>>3129828
Animation is the hardest skill to obtain. Sequential art comes in at a somewhat distant second, but definitely in front of all the other stuff like illustration, fine art, concept art etc. If you don't see why that is you're either really stupid or a very uncreative troll.
>>
File: laufray.jpg (125KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
laufray.jpg
125KB, 1100x733px
>>3129828
>>
>>3129828
/ic/ isn't a hivemind. Fuck off with your meta shit.
>>
she lives off her comics. this semen demon has literally made it while you sit here whining
>>
File: com.jpg (95KB, 503x763px) Image search: [Google]
com.jpg
95KB, 503x763px
>>3129828
>>
>>3129956
beautiful
>>
I'm teaching myself to draw so that I can a. Draw comics and b. Make my nature journals more aesthetic.

I hate the kind of flat, talking head bullshit comics like OP. I won't settle for less than Burns or Clowes.
>>
>>3129956
weeds man
>>
File: 1504908258254.jpg (130KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504908258254.jpg
130KB, 383x500px
>>3129828
> Most comics are shit, it must mean making comics is easy

I sure hope you can see the flaw in your reasoning.
>>
File: pg.38.jpg (222KB, 750x1154px) Image search: [Google]
pg.38.jpg
222KB, 750x1154px
>>
>>3129843
I don't see how you're not a troll. For very good reason sculpture is considered both the most difficult skill set to acquire and the highest form of visual art. I get the feeling you respect animation though.
>>
>>3130255
It's hard to acquire because of the gigantic funds and patience required in traditional sculpting. Not to mention physical labor. Digital Sculpting does away with all of that though.
To be honest they're all vastly different skills with different goals, and will come harder or easier to different individuals.
>>
>>3129828
Making GOOD (keyword) comics is one the hardest skills to obtain IF you are doing them entirely on your own. You need a huge skill set to get them done:
-Need to be able to draw and conceptualize fast
-Need to be able to write compelling characters and story with proper pacing
-Need to understand how to convey imagery in a way that leads the eye down the page naturally

It's extremely labor intensive and requires a shit load of skills to do effectively. Obviously if you have a big ass team (as is often the case on western stuff) then the workload is a lot less severe. Before anyone brings it up...yes, I know mangaka who are popular have assistants too. The difference is the assistants don't write the fucking story, create the characters or do anything more than some basic grunt work to speed up the process.
>>
>>3129828
i think they just like the comics, and that most people don't evaluate art in terms of how many l22t sk1llz0rz are required to do it.
>>
>>3129828
Comics like that may look simple but they still aren't easy to do. Just cause something looks simple doesn't mean there's not skill involved. Just look at Prokos attempt at a comic strip for proof.
>>
>>3129828
100% agree with OP on this one
>>
>>3130265
And 3-D animation does away with a lot of the difficulty in animation. Yes, people do have different aptitudes for different kinds of visual art. It's nice when you find your medium.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.