[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop making unfinished drawings

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 1457817093868.png (254KB, 808x821px) Image search: [Google]
1457817093868.png
254KB, 808x821px
What's up with these autistic retards like nosebro who think they'll get anywhere by doing unfinished work all the time? You're gonna remain shit. Aside from doing warm ups, majority of your work should be finished fucking pieces

>b-but people on deviantart

Those faggots don't care about art enough in general. It has nothing to do with whether their work is finished or not. Analyze your mistakes and try to improve with every fucking piece
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1637x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1637x1222px
>>3128398
i think its disingenuous taking the oldest piece of hard you can find, but ok. i know this isnt finished either, but im improving nonetheless.
>>
>>3128398
post work.
>>
>>3128401
art not hard*
>>
>>3128401
what is this tumblr nose shit
>>
File: IMG_0457.jpg (1MB, 3337x2396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
1MB, 3337x2396px
>>3128406
Nosebro, not really feeling your art man.
>>
>>3128415
illastrat, i legitimately believe you need counselling. ignoring that, i feel very strangely about being on first name basis with you.

I really hope the bigger art piece is that youre doing all this ironically as performance art.
>>
>>3128421 his whore dumped him so he sorely needs attention
>>
>>3128434
Is illistrat the one who drew like a million portraits of a camwhore or was it Brian? I'm thinking it was Brian, idk.
>>
>>3128454
Brian
>>
>>3128454
>>3128456
lol what a gay
>>
>>3128460
I have more integrity that is why I'm the better artist
>>
>>3128398
>majority of your work should be finished fucking pieces

>JUST DRAW XD
>MUH CREATIVITY XD
>MUH STYLE XD

NGFMI.
>>
>>3128398
Is it really beneficial to finish? Or should you work on the fundamentals a lot more first until you reach a good enough level?
>>
>>3128494
The problem with doing sketches as practice is that you're just doing the same thing over and over. When you fully render something theres much more you can analyze and critique. There's also a lot more things to discover as you're more likely to run into unknown situations.
>>
File: 1456041003439.png (36KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
1456041003439.png
36KB, 350x371px
Art is a craft of understanding and logic, finishing a piece is only about applying the lessons learned (often redundantly so) that one explores when doing studies and exercises. To think one must only have finished pieces when learning the craft, is simply ridiculous and counterproductive.

The hours one spends polishing a turd, a better spend grinding fundamentals and making sure you develop and innate understanding of the core functions of draftsmanship.
>>
>>3128494

it is not a requirement to be a render monkey and >>3128524 is a retard
>>
>>3128398

Nosebro is not going anywhere because he's drawing from his mind all the time, instead of doing studies. Whether or not he finishes those drawings is redundant.
>>
no piece is finished. you either get sentimental and cannot make further changes or you get bored of it.
>>
>>3128533
The average render monkey is better than most people on this board and to feel better about themselves they act like mastering the tools is a bad thing that will prevent them from drawing from imagination.
>>
>>3128535
That's the absolute definition of finish. People mean relatively, just like when they talk about perfection.
>>
>>3128533
Explain how >>3128524 is a retard. What do you think makes you learn faster.
>Doing what's easy and what you're familiar with over and over again
>Completing your work, running into trouble, discovering that you're trash and try to pinpoint and fix your mistakes
>>
>>3128566
relative to what? only you personally can decide on a finishing point.

time? some work can take less than a few minutes to make and be a perfected masterpiece. some can take years.

relative to your skill? some work just isn't worth the effort to continue. it stems from 'work smart not hard'. how much can you improve by polishing some crappy sketch you don't care about vs one you do. how much can you learn by moving onto something more complicated or less.

also a lot of people don't recognize some styles and studying methods so a lot of their work must come off as 'incomplete'.
>>
>>3128570

You don't have to render to get a job if rendering isn't your forte in some fields of art; namely animation and comics. The job of a colorist exists for a reason. Therefore him putting "rendering" as some kind of antidote to save a shit painting because (you) are too stubborn to hone your drawing skills is the both of you being stupid. To me in my eyes the need to "finish" something is your childish mentality to quickly post something gratifying to your blog for likes because nobody wants to see stuff that isn't "polished". You're too much in a hurry to make professional work because hunkering down on the drawing aspect is too much pain.

But I get you like spreading misinformation on /ic/. My hats off to you for culling the competition by tricking people to polishing dog. Not my gains on the line.
>>
>>3128583
Didn't even say you have to skip learning fundamentals, or that you have to stop practicing with sketches. But there's a lot of fundamentals you'll miss out on when you're doing the same shit over and over without ever trying to get out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>3128493
>not making anything
>"i'm not ready yet"
>not having your name out there
>having nothing to show for your talent
>making it
>>
File: 83940822569.jpg (470KB, 1165x815px) Image search: [Google]
83940822569.jpg
470KB, 1165x815px
>>3128534
>Whether or not he finishes those drawings is redundant.
>redundant
you guys are such fags for real
>>
>>3128607
Cool strawman.
>>
>>3128583
a finished piece can be a drawing as well with no rendering at all. Not sure why some of you always confuse finishing something with polishing it.
>>
Nosebro you're very talented and I enjoyed reading the word doc don't listen to the haters
>>
File: Capture.png (101KB, 731x706px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
101KB, 731x706px
>>3128847
we don't take compliments at nosebro corp. Thanks.
>>
>>3128847

remember to praise the nosebro to give him a false sense of improvement
>>
>>3128617
You know what else is cool? A portfolio
>>
>>3128398
>caring about name-posters
There's your problem.
They're all garbage.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.