[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art teacher of the past.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: preparing-for-mutiny.jpg!HD.jpg (244KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
preparing-for-mutiny.jpg!HD.jpg
244KB, 961x1200px
In this thread, we choose the artist of the past (who died already), whom you would like to see as your teacher, and explain why.
N.C Wyeth - Howard Pike's student, who absorbed all the best from him. Each of his illustrations is a manifesto of simplicity, expressiveness and mystery, with great composition and lightning. I would definately like to be one of his students. He was a nice and humble person and quite a family man too.
>>
>>3128289
Why would you choose NC? Other than his son who was only briefly taught by him, I can't think of any students that he had that ever went on to anything. It seems ludicrous to me that you would choose NC as a teacher instead of Pyle or Dunn considering the stuff they teach would be nearly identical except Pyle and Dunn both have insanely good track records and are legendary teachers.
>>
>>3128317
I dunno. I guess overall I just like Wyeth more in terms of art produced, thou Pyle is also such a mountain. It is a hard choice, obviously, there are so many greats but you only have to choose one.
>>
>>3128317
just cuz he wasn't a good teacher doesn't mean he's a bad artist

i'd rather be a great artist and a bad teacher
>>
>>3128355
explain, surely even if you have the best artist to teach you if they are unable to properly instruct you and you learn next to nothing what good is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2400x2929px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2400x2929px
>>3128289
The French have always been the best teachers. There's a big controversy in Canada with Québécois educators supposedly receiving higher wages, but I'm glad they do because they earn it.
>>
>>3128355
I never said NC was a bad artist. But OP was asking who you would want to be your teacher. Also I do think Pyle's work is as good as NCs. Dunn is slightly weaker for the most part but he's still insanely high level.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.