[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. About to create art. what's best, upper or lower? Thanks.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: whylive.png (11KB, 693x565px) Image search: [Google]
whylive.png
11KB, 693x565px
Hello. About to create art.
what's best, upper or lower?
Thanks.
>>
>>3127471
Upper.
>>
Neither is better than the other. It depends on the context and what you mean to acheive. If you want a better look at the structures, do the bottom. If you want a more atmospheric view of everything (big focus on the sky), do top.
>>
>>3127628
na dude upper is better for sure, gives the eye some room to go through before it focuses again. maybe depends on the room you want to hang the picture, but thats a rather weak argument to make.
>If you want a better look at the structures, do the bottom
thats not how it works
>>
>>3127471
Lower.
>>
>>3127471
Depends.
>>
hello op here,
first of all thanks to everone for the help
>>3127628
>>3127651

these both were my thoughts exactly as for me I would understand the reasons for using upper.

Unfortunately this is for a wedding gift and Im afraid the people this is aimed for, wouldnt apreciate it correctly if i make the more artsy upper one as this is the painting of a famous skyline view in my city and they would concentrate their atention just in the buildings and think "why so much wasted space?"

That's why i went to the store minutes ago and got the lower canvas anyway.

Did I really made a mistake here?
>>
>>3127666
>Did I really made a mistake here?

Well you know what they say. "Sticks and stones may breaks my bones, but choose the wrong format and you gonna burn in hell"

honestly, if you already bought the canvas, than thats reason enough to stress out about it
>>
>>3127673
*not stress out about it i mean....
>>
>>3127651
>maybe depends on the room you want to hang the picture, but thats a rather weak argument to make.
It's not a weak argument to make. Something like that matters. As a piece of wall art focused on illustrating the skyline, the bottom is better.

>thats not how it works
Care to explain how a closer shot of the city doesn't give you a better look at the city?

>>3127666
From the sounds of it, you made the right choice. The bottom will make for a better piece of wall art. Long, horizontal canvases like this work very well for the panoramic composition of a skyline.
>>
>>3127686
because the change of format doesnt give you a "closer look" it just gives you more sky above the skyline. which again is an important contrast to the subject you want to put focus on. The picture you posted is a prime example. It looks like someone painted diabetus on a canvas, it's impossible to look at it for longer than 10 seconds without getting irritated.
Just because skylines are long shapes, doesn't mean that rules of composition suddenly works differntly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.