[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Does /ic/ Schedule Their Time?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: DGKkL9FUQAAxP28.jpg (44KB, 467x500px) Image search: [Google]
DGKkL9FUQAAxP28.jpg
44KB, 467x500px
I recently designed a schedule for myself to help me plan out during the day when I should do exercises and other practices to help me meet my goal of completing a short 20 page comic and make it decent by mid-December. For the month of September, I'm concentrating on construction and sketching, mainly focused on figure drawing. Right now, my routine would be to begin drawing sessions with a 10 minute warmup drawing basic forms, mainly cylinders and boxes. Then I'd move on to doing Bean/Robo-Bean exercises for 15 minutes, then doing gesture practices for 20 minutes, etc, etc.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else in /ic/ also schedules their time like this, or at the very least what's your routine when it comes to drawing?
>>
>>3126897
I could never stick to study schedules like that. In my experience it's a good way to take the fun out of things and lead to quitting the schedule. I think it's more important to just draw/paint regularly and be aware of your general weaknesses at all times so you are never too unbalanced. Having set exercises each day doesn't really work except for a select few people.
>>
>>3126897
I'm still trying to figure things out as a beginner but what I've discovered so far is this:
First, it's best to have options. I'll come from work, and if I'm high, I'll go through something hard like beginning a Bargue plate. If bad, I'll force myself to do something, no matter how easy it has to be, Loomis potato heads if needed.
Second, an Anon told me to schedule my non-drawing time instead, and this one is good advice. Now I'm only coming on /ic/ o some days instead of checking everyday. It saves a surprising amount of of time.
>>
I'm eternally beg tier so a schedule like dave rapooza's will never work because, for example, his schedule says "color comp study" but I 1) never learned much about color 2) color doesn't interest me as much as just drawing.I found so far that if I just keep studying a "schedule" makes itself for me but it is ever changing. I honestly think I won't have a tight schedule until 5 years later because there is just so much to learn so everything has loose ends.
>>
>>3126948
Same here. I've tried to follow clear schedules mutiple times, I usually fail / get bored of them after a week or two.

So instead I did a few things, I wrote clear goals for myself with no deadlines. I started timing my drawing sessions. And most importantly I wrote down ideas and missions for what to draw when I have no idea what to draw so I won't get lost. This way I get to draw every day and learn a little bit, even when I'm doodling.
>>
>>3126948
Yeah, I should clarify I'm not great at sticking to my schedule either, more of a guideline I use to make sure I'm learning every day while also doing it in a timely manner. The idea was to sit down for 60-90 minute sessions, break up that time into exercises, and work and learn. Even some days I haven't sat down for 60 minutes, just do a quick 15-20 minute exercise before getting distracted, really need to fix that.
>>
>>3126897
Here's mine

>wake up around 9 am
>eat breakfast
>make myself useful around the house
>turn on pc, visit the usual job posting sites, think about applying but can't find anything good
>think about drawing, don't. get on 4chan, check the usual boards
>check /ic/, talk about drawing, watch some shows or read comics "for research"
>lunch, do errands
>think about drawing, don't
>mid day fap, kinda tired
>help cook dinner, play some games/waste more time, eat dinner
>think about drawing, don't because I'll have to see how shit I am and how far I have to go
>wonder what I'm doing with my life, day dream about suicide or running away from home
>sleep
>repeat

I can safely say I am making mad gains using this method, but only in my mind. would (not) recommend.
>>
>>3127185
What jobs are you looking for anon and where
>>
I feel like I'm too bad for a set schedule so I just keep it extremely loose, learning how to draw isn't quite as fun as actually drawing, so I like to make learning the less taxing possible.
>wake up, 8 am
>breakfast, usually cereal
>go to computer
>4chan, youtube, etc
>at 9 sharp I have to start drawing, even if just for 15 minutes
>by 12 I must have an hour clocked in at least
If I go to work (help an uncle that works in trade) I draw whatever I can from 9 to the time I leave usually not more than 45 minutes.
>I must draw again at 3 if I'm not doing anything
>by 6 pm I must have over 2 hours of drawing
>by 10 pm I must have over 3 hours of drawing
>10-12 is the daily free time, I can play videogames without issue, watch anime, do youtube, or preferably work on personal art projects

I started using this "method" around mid July, I didn't followed it to the teeth but eventually I was able to do from 3-6 hours of drawing everyday. I found that getting rid of time to be filled and instead giving yourself intervals you are more productive, ie putting a pencil in paper at 3 pm is way easier than working from 3-4 non stop.

I suck so I mostly read books to learn and watch video series on subjects related to drawing, although if it's a heavy subject like anatomy I like to stop around 2:30 hours to not overwhelm my brain and instead I do studies from random images I find in the internet on photoshop.
>>
File: 1424053039584.jpg (553KB, 1477x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1424053039584.jpg
553KB, 1477x1558px
>>3127185
Sick schedule bro

>Wake up at 7
>Actually get out of bed and start doing things at 9
>30 minutes of figure drawing, extend to an hour because I keep distracting myself
>Not sure if it's done right anyway
>Distract myself while thinking of drawing
>Don't know what to practice, so do more figure drawing for a while
>Decide that maybe I can start drawing from imagination now
>I don't know how to begin because I have no style
>Get an imaginary figure down, it's all fucked up
>Get frustrated and try to find a way to fix it
>Get distracted again
>Go to college
>Come back, try to draw form imagination again
>Still can't
>Get frustrated and feel like a failure
>Go to bed thinking that tomorrow I'll grind on some fundies and hopefully that'll get me good
>>
>>3127214
Nice, we have similar schedules but yours is better so I'm gonna steal it.
>>
>>3127218
are you trying to draw entire bodies from imagination? try doing just from the neck up. Draw a ton of heads from human references, then put them away and try to do it from imagination following the general guidelines (rules of third, general symmetry and general feature placement as best you can). This will be better than LOOMIS in terms of raw improvement
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.