[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you overcome the fear of drawing? I am well aware that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
How do you overcome the fear of drawing? I am well aware that practicing is a craft like everything else but the thought of my ideas and fantasies coming out as complete garbage paralyzes me. How do you deal with it?
>>
>>3126564
>>3126545
>>
>>3126564
The sooner you get rid of your fear of failure the better because you will fail again and again, pretty much everything you will draw will feel like a failure.
>>
By realizing drawing and failing is the only way to get better

By not making a new thread for feel shit
>>
Trial and error and beginning a positive feedback loop where you feel a sense of reward from the improvement that gives you hope. Trial and error in a lot of things. In improving the material you're learning from such as finding a more professional youtube channel that teaches you better than something else. Or a private teacher or learning from somebody who had a reputation for getting good quickly. Making improvements by understanding how you learn best and accommodating your sessions to take advantage of this. Etc. You just look at your improvement and how well you're getting things and don't settle on upgrading your approach to improving until you know it's getting you good. When you see yourself doing this you'll realize then that you'll have the common sense to evolve your improvement sense over time until it's good enough. And then you'll be fine. Another important thing is to remember that this feeling of "not getting it" is a temporary thing that precedes all learning. Your brain WILL grow from the practice and make this all click eventually. So don't fall for the trap of fearing that you'll be stumbling blind in this and not improve very much. That won't happen forever.

Another important thing is to make this art progress more of a lifestyle. Then it's significantly more encouraging. Make accounts on art websites and begin branching out and making friends online who are good at drawing. You get feedback from communities of good people and have people viewing your art and friends helping you out. That will encourage you to draw more too.
>>
>>3126564
If your ideas stay in your head, they'll be garbage forever

>>3126604
thanks for the pasta
>>
>>3126564
Genuinely ask yourself if you really think art is something you are interested in and want to do, and if so, why. All this fear and anxiety and anger posters express when they talk about drawing, all the autistic ""grinding"" without improvement, it shouldn't be happening. If you have this level of suffering from just trying to fucking practice, maybe this isn't the hobby for you
>>
>>3128871
Savage. I think you're right. Drawing isn't really for me.
>>
>>3126564
>anime image
>talks about how depress they are with art

Why are weeaboos the most pathetic people on the planet?
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>3128908
>he hasn't realized yet that Turning Girls is the pinnacle of eastern art
Honestly NGMI
>>
n nnnnnnnnn
>>
>>3126564
Afraid of drawing lines on a piece of paper... seriously fag?
>>
>>3130772
Yes
I also suffer from self-hate, guilt concerning my sexuality and an alcohol problem.
>>
>>3126564
The only thing to fear about drawing is knowing you're never going to improve even if you try. So just give up and play video games so it's not confirmed.
>>
>>3128916
that looks cute as fuck
>>
Every line a lesson,senpai.

Do random stuff in sketchbooks and enjoy the sensation of the process,and when you feel like a challenge, take the best of those ideas and do a serious work.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.