[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dissertation advice & recommendations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0049.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey so I'm a fine artist going in to my final year doing my BA in fine art
I have to write an 8000 word dissretation that will relate to my work I currently work with crystals exploring the technical sciences of makignand growing crystals and other natural thingns in laboratory conditions
HELP !!! I have no clue where to start in writing my question , it has to be a vage question enough for me to write 8000 words but also not to broad can anyone recomend ;
Art books that focus on how technology and advancements in the science world have changed fine art as it is today ?
Artist who use science & technolgy
How to narrow down my dissertation question I have not written yet
Any help would be amazing thank you in advance
I have added at photo of a crystal clay hand I did for my previous project commenting on how we look after nature and how we distroy nature
(Sorry for any spelling mistakes I am dislexic I have tried my best to correct them )
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here's another photo of my work
>>
oh my
you should leave this place quickly
>>
>>3126550
this is interesting. i would have preferred if the flowers were a bit "grown" into the crystals but..yeah, kinda cool actually.

When i was studying visual communication, i constantly had to explain what i was doing and why. I really hated that and mostly bullshitted my way through this.
There were people in my class who actually mastered this art and got remarkably better grades than they would have, just because they were good in selling it.

Bottom line is, it probably doesn't have to make too much sense, just make it sound fancy.
>>
File: shrieeek.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shrieeek.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>3126550
>>
This is all just basic consept ideas I kinda hate the bullshit that has to come with art , I'm completely lost for a reason. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>3126550
I hate school and I will never let it get its filthy hands anywhere near my passions. Education sucks the life out of everything you enjoy.

Only study things you already hate.
>>
1. How much did you pay for school / where did you go?

2. Where do you plan on applying after you graduate?
>>
Get help at your unis library/writing center. Why use this specific material why crystal, are you actually engaged with technology ?or a sort of pseudoscience of crystal healing and fabrication of natural elements. If what you'really making doesn'the reflect a interest in technology how can you show this better or choose another topic it feels tacked on
>>
I hate postmodern art. Maybe you should write a diss about how much it sucks
>>
>>3126582
>my work
>>
File: 1486637722885.jpg (25KB, 474x331px) Image search: [Google]
1486637722885.jpg
25KB, 474x331px
>>3126582
>>
File: 1504667389102.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1504667389102.gif
1MB, 195x229px
You're the reason we criticize art education
>>
File: 1479367017758.jpg (20KB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
1479367017758.jpg
20KB, 480x366px
>>3126550
>>
File: Pile_of_trash_2.jpg (917KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Pile_of_trash_2.jpg
917KB, 1632x1224px
Heres some more of my work
>>
>>3126738
keks x 1000
>>
>>3127394
Out the rest in there as well.

Ha!

Hmm... actually, that would improve it all. You can have this advice for free.
>>
Don't bother asking /ic/ they're too stupid to help with anything beyond illustration.
>>
>>3126550
>I have added at photo of a crystal clay hand I did for my previous project commenting on how we look after nature and how we distroy nature
looks like a glory hole to me
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.