[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really Rustles My Jonnies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1504331427898.png (193KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1504331427898.png
193KB, 1024x577px
>get into argument over guy about how hard artists work
>say that mangaka and animators are the hardest working people in the world, and at least the entertainment industry
>"no anon. do you know how hard actors work? leonardo dicaprio had to eat a raw liver and sleep in a pig's carcass on a set once"

Do you really live in a world where normies just take for granite how much skill and practice there is in knowing how to draw on a professional level where people consider it lower than having a pretty face and saying lines in front of a camera? Not including artists are literally payed just as much as fast food workers?
>>
>>3125999
Then fear factor must make leo look like a talentless faggot if that's all it takes to make millions of dollars.
>>
File: 1398726691644.jpg (85KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1398726691644.jpg
85KB, 221x246px
>>3125999
>take for granite
>>
File: 1504473343952.jpg (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1504473343952.jpg
102KB, 1000x1000px
>>3126003
Im just trying to think what job could more hardworking than the animation industry other than child slavery. Like, the other thing the guy argued was being a physics major. But physicists literally get payed at least 4x more, and plus it opens up many job oppurtunities like in the finance sector.
>>3126004
okay. fair warning. i cant into english
>>
To be honest, drawing lines on a piece of paper is objectively less hard than doing a physical work. Just forget about it dude, just do your thing and stop dick measurement contests.
>>
>>3125999
It's stupid to argue how hard people work because there's different kinds of hard like mentally demanding work and physically demanding.
>>
>>3126005
Mining. Construction. Most blue collar physical labour jobs.
>>
>>3126006
>>3126009
>>3126011
>physical labor
>literally move 100 boxes from point x to point y
>drawing
>literally simplifying the trillions of pixels that make up the human vision into a couple of carefully placed lines
>can take literally 20 hours to get a drawing to look correct
>on the job, have to literally draw 5 figures a minute without even fucking up by 1 cm, or get fired

I get what you mean by physical labor requiring more muscle energy. But if getting on par with Miura, Murata, or Vilppu was literally as simple as moving a bunch of concrete bags or farming a field all day, i would not make this thread at all.
>>
>>3126014
>simple as moving a bunch of concrete bags or farming a field all day
How old are you?
>>
I used to think this way too before I decided to go into a different career, but really it's just from a lack of understanding of other fields. I know someone in programming who would work 7am to 11pm 7 days a week, no real breaks. Fucking brutal shit man.

Saying that someone in another industry works just as hard/harder isn't down playing the work of artists. It just a simple statement of fact.
>>
File: 1504661725563.jpg (481KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1504661725563.jpg
481KB, 1000x1000px
>>3126016
19. But, am going to college and will major in finance, so ill have to get back to you 7 years
>>3126019
that does sound really hard and miserable.

BUt it still makes me think. I feel like its easier to teach someone math or programming as opposed to drawing well. And honestly, I used to code from 5 pm to 3 am for pleasure, and even worked at fast food before, and even though those seemed really miserable, I still think drawing successfully a bunch of times and is still really fucking hard to do cause, i just feel theres so much more mystery on learning how to do it. Like, theres been some nights where i just draw for 10 hours, and feel horrible because i never achieved what i wanted, while theres a more concrete goal in other professions. But I guess ill never know.

this is the last ill post.
>>
>>3126014
Drawing is less physically demanding. That is what you asked.
>>
>>3126016
not him, but i work a blue collar job where i break my back and legs every day and i think it's easier because it's mindless labor.

>>3126019
i took a class in web design and wow, you need to be a special kind of autist write all that code all day, every day.
>>
>>3126039
>i break my back and legs every day
>i think it's easier
It's objectivily harder.
>>
>>3126031
you can teach how to draw well, but you can't teach imagination.
>>
>>3126045
i'm a guy, i bust my ass of at the gym for fun, after work.
coming up with new ideas is harder, at least for me.
>>
>>3126039

Well Korea seems to breed that kind of autism, which explains why so many are desperate to leave the country. Their working conditions are shit.

In this scenerio it was basically slavery. They owed debt so they worked for this company because they were willing to pay said debt in full. But this type of situation isn't entirely uncommon in east asian countries, for whatever reasons the work ethic there is much, much stronger. As are the expectations.
>>
>>3125999
Normies believe wholeheartedly in "talent" or have just never really thought about it. Most people assume you either can or can't draw. They don't think about who makes the posters for movies, or everything in the Ghibli film they watched, or the designs in Call of Duty that they barely see while they sit in a corner watching a doorway down their gun.

Don't worry about it.
>>
>>3126006
>>3126035
So... It's not normal to get extreme pain in your hand and fingers every time you draw, starting at about 15 minutes in and lasting a whole day after?
>>
>>3126031
You can teach art about as well as programming. Entry level programming is easy, the difficult shit is way beyond most people's comprehension. Meanwhile any fucktard can be taught to photobash and throw out simple busy work for art as well. Most animators are just tracing shit essentially anyways.
>>
>>3126168
it's normal, most people just work through it you pathetic cuck
>>
>>3126168
Watch your posture. Sit straight and make sure the table aligns with your forearms when you put them on the sheet.
Don't overuse your wrists.
>>
>>3125999
Get your ass down a coal mine you whitebred millenial fuckpump
>>
>>3126014
>drawing
>literally doodling like every drooling toddler in the history of mankind
>physical labour
>LITERALLY TRANSLOCATING BILLIONS^BILLIONS OF ATOMS JOINED TOGETHER IN MOLECULES AS YOU STRAIN AGAINST THE FOUR FUNDAMENTAL FORCES AND IMPOSE YOUR WILL UPON THE UNIVERSE
This is what you sound like, but more virginal.
>>
>>3126053
Maybe you’re retarded. Or maybe your idea of physical labor is some wimpy job where you have to move a 30kg crate once in a blue moon.

t. worked 72 hours last week doing actual physical labor
>>
File: me.png (74KB, 276x208px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
74KB, 276x208px
>working
>>
>>3126047
Wise words, anon. Wiiiise words...
>>
>>3125999
everyone works hard, it's not a competition
>>
>>3126014
lol the heaviest thing you'll probably have to lift if you're a 2d artist is a pen or maybe a tablet
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.