[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tracing doesn't make u an artist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0286.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Content:
So, I've been seeing this girl who is also an "artist." Everyone thinks she is hot shit because her characters have an uncanny likeness. Little do people know, she traces. I can't take her seriously yet deep down I think she thinks she is more skilled. She is a fucking hack. No respect.

I dated her for 3 years and never seen her freehand
draw. She is not an artist.

<--- if u think this is better than ...
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (2MB, 2862x3836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.jpg
2MB, 2862x3836px
....this, you are part of the problem
>>
>>3125504
kek, I'm with you anon. Plebs give too much credit to hyperrealism, which is actually relatively easy to do. If you want a super realistic drawing, why not just take a photo?
>>
>>3125522
She is so cheap and academic.
>>
Getting caught up on other people's success will keep you from improving yourself. Art is self expression through terms of beauty, not some arbitrary set of rules and techniques created by some faggot in the internet.

I don't even like her art, but going out to point fingers at people because you don't like what they do and that people like what they do is not the way to live, when it comes to art if you don't like it, don't watch it.
>b-b-b-but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it!
So? Criticize all you want but when artists start not going after pieces of work and instead of to the methods on which that piece of work was made then you know they are full of shit.
>>
>I dated her for 3 years
fuck off back to instagram or whatever hole you crawled out of
>>
>>3125522
Because the models I use are dumpster fires compared to the faces I draw. I just need poses
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X4YHehhw8I

A youtuber does this for a living and has 600k subs for it. A successful artist focuses on quantity and marketing.

It's unfortunate but you have to adapt and cheat if you don't want to starve.
>>
>>3125501
Wait I remember this.. Didn't you post her work here before?
>>
>>3125998
He isn't making money as an artist, he is making money as an entertainer and youtube personality. There are hundreds of youtube channels with realistic photocopiers and each of their videos only gets 1k-5k views. You cannot make money off of copying photos.
>>
I posted before and y'all said she was the better artist.
>>
>>3125998
But what he is doing is actually skillful. She straight up traces selfies then renders
>>
>>3126000
Yes
>>
>>3126012
That's not true. Tracing has been pivotal since classic.
>>
>>3125594
The methods matter
>>
>>3126493
So not even for references? She is then essentially stealing at that point, as someone who works in graphic design (nb4 not art, i know), that's called copyrighting.
Post more of this thief's work?
>>
I can't believe illastrat got cucked
>>
>>3126783
Sometimes she traces sometimes she grids. I've never seen her genuinely freehand.
>>
>>3125501
(kinda)had the same thing with my ex, she is a youtuber 80ish k subs.
post alot of drawing on her insta, all traced. It triggers me so fucking much.
>>
Her shit is better than yours desu.
>>
File: 1488335906408.jpg (525KB, 927x1311px) Image search: [Google]
1488335906408.jpg
525KB, 927x1311px
What about when somebody traces some obscure Jap artists fanart. then gets caught and immediately updates his post to credit the artist he traced?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.