[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with after work physical exhaustion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 57694b5b716ca.jpg (168KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
57694b5b716ca.jpg
168KB, 800x800px
Sup lads, any tips on dealing with after work physical exhaustion? It's often very hard for me to put in a solid couple drawing hours after I get home and eat dinner. I'm yawning and my brain feels like applesauce. The motivation was there but just sheer physical exhaustion was just too much tonight. Really frustrating.

Preferably non caffeine options. I'm not a caffeine junky (sometimes just 1 cup of coffee in the morning) and not looking to caffeinate at like 7:30, 8:00pm when I get home.

Would a really cold shower work?
>>
I'm sorry bro, but having dealt with this from experience; you'll have to use your days off or find a new job.
>>
>>3125287
To be honest my hours are pretty good. I work 1-6 every day and this is a "full time" position. The problem is my often long commutes tack on another 1-2 hours depending on the day.

I usually get a hour or two of drawing in before work but I'd like to draw more when I get home. I have the time when I get home and I feel like it's wasted time more often than not. Usually pretty sleepy.
>>
>>3125293
maybe bring a book onto the train and sketch shit out? i do that and am able to pump out about 4 hours a day between train rides, home, and lunch breaks.
>>
>>3125293
Go to sleep early an wake up earlier.
>>
>>3125293
neil gaiman said before he made it to where he could support himself with writing he would basically reschedule his day so that all of his free time was before work so when he got back home from his job he more or less just got ready for bed then hit the hay. luckily you have a fixed schedule where this is possible. say goodbye to your social life tho (tho honestly if you're here there's a non insignificant chance you've already bid it farewell)
>>
change your sleep schedule and get up earlier to draw or work schedule?
>>
lower your level of luxury and work less hours. you cant hope to achieve anything being that decadent. i live in an overcrowded island with a crashing economy and can afford to live alone whilst working part time hours. its completely viable
>>
>>3125283
I think you need to just get out of the house to do your art. I work at an animation studio painting from 9 to 6 but I get there in the morning to paint my own art for 2 hours and then after work I stay and paint for another 4 hours or so. Infact today I left at midnight. The reason I'm able to do this is because I'm not at home. There's no potential for me to lie down and sleep or sit around and do nothing because I'm in a place that doesn't afford me the comforts of being at home.

Find a place you can go to eliminate distractions. If you do digital, (Ideally) bring your tablet and laptop or your stand alone tablet and paint at a local library. IF you do traditional, bring that stuff instead.
>>
>>3125304
This is probably the best advice. I find it to be a great incentive to wake up early if you know that before work is the only time you can devote to the thing you want to do
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.