[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father has been a professional painter for over 40 years.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 32423.jpg (706KB, 2607x1970px) Image search: [Google]
32423.jpg
706KB, 2607x1970px
My father has been a professional painter for over 40 years. I want to share his work with you guys-make sure to check out some of his work in his website becrisarmando.ga

You may ask any questions about him
>>
he needs loomis
>>
What was his education and how much does he make off of his paintings?
>>
>>3124936
I like how loomisposters are basically jehovah's witnesses at this point.
>>
40 years painting wrong
>>
>>3124935
Was he self-taught?
>>
>>3124936
what's loomis?

>>3124951
>What was his education
he went to mexico city as a teenager to live on his own and attend art schools as a guest student, he was already self-taught though

>how much does he make off of his paintings?
like 1k a painting average, not much, but I still live with him and he pays for my food so good enough

>>3124970
kek

>>3124972
yeah, it always surprises me how it's almost like he already knew how to paint from childhood, he grew up in a humble house and he managed to pursue his dream just by the joy of it

I sometimes resent that he didn't dedicate a lot of time to teach me, but he says that he who likes to paint does it regardless
>>
>>3124935

What a waste of time. He never accomplished anything because that painting is flat and ugly and has all the signs of someone who reallllllly shouldn't be making paintings but is anyway. I had an easier time creating an aesthetically pleasing illusion of depth when I was in elementary school... in fact, the teacher actually let me teach our class what perspective was I was so good at it. She would often let me teach class despite that I was only six years old. Isn't that remarkable? Only six!

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. He should have done something more valuable with his time. I can't imagine wasting 40 years to accomplish something a child could have accomplished in 20 minutes. Shame, really.
>>
>>3124986
>>3124988
epic
>>
>>3124935
this painting is really nice op. Good focal point, lovely colors, nice mood, lovely interation between the too girls, clothing rendered pretty well. I wish i had a father who paints for living like yours OP, he is courageous just for that. You should be proud of your father.

>>3124988
post your work
>>3124990
post your work
>>
>>3124988
r u ok?
>>
File: 73a366_8df6c50e2.jpg (193KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
73a366_8df6c50e2.jpg
193KB, 1000x663px
>>3125002
I'm the guy who said 'epic' cause I was having a laugh at the other guy's post as he was clearly baiting

Thanks for your appreciation, here's a picture of my father with the talented Mel Gibson
>>
>>3125017

I'm not "baiting," these paintings are awful and your father and Mel Gibson both have terrible taste. I wouldn't be surprised if like every other mouth-breathing moron all you can see is subject matter.
>>
>>3125036
you're trying too hard
>>
>>3125036
If you want to play with the big boys, you will have to

WORK
>>
>>3125003

No, I'm not okay. Do you know how frustrating it is to see this kind of mediocre trash get sold? It is mind boggling and infuriating that someone as high profile as Mel Gibson would buy something like this. Is he really that blind? How can you be as successful as Mel Gibson and still be so blind to how mediocre and poorly crafted these paintings are? Surely he has seen something by a true master? Surely he can tell the difference between art worth buying and art that is not worth even looking at?

I'm not trolling, you're actually witnessing me losing faith in humanity.

>>3125039

Go to a museum. Look at the paintings and drawings made by the Italians anywhere from the 15th-18th century. Then look at what the French made during the 18th and 19th century. Then look at the Dutch. The English made some good paintings too, but not many. Skip the Germans entirely (Durertards can fuck off), and definitely don't bother with anything from the 20th century.

Then come back and look at these paintings and tell me with a straight face they aren't mediocre garbage.

Fuck you literally don't have to do any of that. You can literally just look at Greek sculpture and still be able to tell that this is all uninspired, mediocre half-measured trash.

I mean for fuck's sake have you ever seen any of Bernini's work in person? You just can't fucking call any of this art after that. Not unless you're Mel Gibson apparently.

>>3125041

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R
>>
File: DSC_0670d.jpg (805KB, 1272x2040px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0670d.jpg
805KB, 1272x2040px
>>3125047
Spewing a bunch of negative adjectives does not validate anything you say

My father is not a classicist don't mix apples with oranges if you're trying to troll successfully
>>
>>3125051

Classicist? Jesus Christ man, you are delusional. He's not even in a movement. He is just m-e-d-i-o-c-r-e. You know, something you can buy at a mall or in the park. There's nothing inspired about his work. He isn't paying attention when he paints. His technique isn't excellent. He doesn't have "it".

And negative adjectives? You were selectively reading, friend. I said go to a museum and look at real art for comparison to this drivel. Oops, I said drivel. Does that invalidate my whole post now? Does that make your father's paintings any closer to Bernini? Not even.

>apples and oranges

That's such a pathetic excuse. And that would also imply that your father is on the same level of ability as someone like Bernini, just in a different category of art. Not only is that blatantly wrong, it exposes how deluded you both probably are. These paintings aren't comparable to real art and you know it.

Like I said, go to a museum. Look at the actual masters.
>>
File: bernini.jpg (90KB, 512x683px) Image search: [Google]
bernini.jpg
90KB, 512x683px
>>3125066
I truly hope you're just bored and not this autistic

My father has literally spent his whole life in his studio, painting every single day for decades

You have not a clue about art regardless of your intentions
>>
>>3125047
>putting this much of effort on his post instead of putting the effort on his work

post work or I'm not reading your worthless shit
>>
>>3125066
autism
>>
>>3125051

disregard the retard anon
>>
>>3125066
Dude, he made it. He is living of his art. People look at the stuff he does, and pays him for it.

Don't be angry.
>>
>painter for over 40 years
well, obviously he has no talent or spark
a 16 year old with talent and practice can come up with that painting what your dad took over 40 years to develop with just practice
cruel world
>>
>>3125095
That's a real ignorant thing to say you know?
>>
>>3125092
yeah, caricature drawers at carnivals made it too
>>
>>3125096
No, if you had any clue how to paint, any knowledge of painting to the degree a real artist knows that spent ACTUALLY 40 years drawing, you can see how incredibly mediocre everything about that painting is.

The 16 year old can paint that, 1 for 1, and just like a 16 year old, the guy who made that painting has limited grasp on what makes a painting interesting--only capable of standard composition, with some boring figures and colors. The painting does the job, but that's it, that's all it is, that's the kind of painting you cover up a hole in the wall with, not cherish and be proud of.
>>
>>3125017
Great, you are why artists have the stereotype of being talentless, money laundering enabling, purely networking, pretentious art school cocksucking hacks.
Rot.
>>
>>3125097
I think he is living a bit better of his art than them. But you are right.

Perhaps you can do high art at home for you and your disciples, and make a living off lower art as well? Then you can make it and be satisfied with your art.
>>
>>3125104
You're still going man? You're getting really boring. I said it before, you don't express yourself as someone who knows what they're talking about but it's still fun to see you make a fool of yourself.

>>3125108
I am not an artist though, my father is. What does money laundering have to do with anything here? lmao, my father has struggled to feed his family to this day, let alone any luxuries, not good at networking, never officially signed up to any art school, nothing pretentious about him either

>>3125115
Not sure what's the point of your post, art is not about money
>>
>>3124988
is this copypasta?
>>
>>3125017
Amazing!
>>
>>3125118
It is not about money, yes, but you need to money to live.

If you want to make "non commercial" art that is not paying your bills (yet?), you need to something else as well. Be it "lower" art or something else entirely.

Unless someone is sponsoring you?
>>
>>3125047
Goddamn, who let this high-functioning autist into the thread?
>>
File: please kill me.jpg (367KB, 504x603px) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.jpg
367KB, 504x603px
>you don't express yourself as someone who knows what they're talking about

Boo fucking hoo this isnt some safe space with censored speech.

If this was posted in /beg/ he wouldve been told turn off his computer and study fundies for a few weeks before anyone would talk to him seriously. Look at this shit. Everyone who doesnt recognize the glaring mistakes in the planning phase of a painting, let alone after he finished it has something fucked with his perception.
And if your father wouldve been an artist today he would line up neatly with the never improving garbage over at DA.
>>
File: Picture 221f.jpg (621KB, 1173x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 221f.jpg
621KB, 1173x1564px
>>3125124
Since the beginning of time there has been commission for artists, it's part of living in a society

>>3125126
More like low-functioning

>>3125135
Nobody is censoring you, except yourself. You keep censoring any wit or intelligence from your posts.

You should also know that cropping and rotating an image distorts the visual perception of it.
>>
>>3125135
I think you are focusing at the wrong thing.

The chap posted, offering opportunity to ask about a successful artist. It is not a please rip me a new one thread.

Point taken, you think the geezer is lacking, but what you should do - if you want - is ask things about being a successful artist.
>>
>>3125144
>responding to that anon as if he made any legit criticism, or anything close
>>
>>3125142
>Nobody is censoring you, except yourself. You keep censoring any wit or intelligence from your posts.
Oh boy

>You should also know that cropping and rotating an image distorts the visual perception of it.
Yes, thats why i rotated it so it becomes impossible to miss.
Look at the original unrotated post after you saw the rotated one and tell me with full honesty you dont see the horribly fucked up ear placement, the too long mandibula and the wrong perspective (mouth nose eyes). And for that matter the mouht of the left girl not in line with the rest of her face.

>>3125144
Well youre right, im not here to ask any questions about an accomplished artist, i wrote >>3125135 to shit on OPs picture.
I saw that people are disregarding >>3124988 and his other posts because they dont like his wording and in the process, defend this painting despite its shortcomings.
>>
>>3124988
>She would often let me teach class despite that I was only six years old
keked.
>>
>>3124935
i like the paintings, not sure about the thread lol
>>
>>3124935
Good for you anon. I like the fact that he's creating his own pieces. My father is also a painter (also sculptor) but all he ever been doing his whole life was making copies of religious paintings or sculptures for churches, rarely even creating his own thing. Religion is his only subject. He only has name among priests and other people related to church. Always made shitty money, always relying on kindness of his priest friends. He's also a crazy devoted catholic, in a very hypocritical way.
>>
>>3125047
Someone is triggered.
>>
These paintings are nice. This board is riddled with bitter shits. Give them no attention
>>
File: 1497357499663.jpg (28KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
1497357499663.jpg
28KB, 480x474px
>>3124935
Thanks for sharing OP. While I was never fond of that style I can see that your father has skill. Are you interested in becoming an artist too?
>>
File: 1503598942778.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503598942778.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>open any thread on /ic/
>90% shitposting retards

this board used to actually be good, years ago
>>
>>3125150
>his
>>
>>3125051
Gorgeous artwork
>>
your father's work is rubbish, he does not deserve to live.
>>
There is no bag of popcorn big enough to do justice, for this epic bread.
>>
>>3125047
Fresh pasta.
>>
>>3125066
You are a treasure anon.
>>
>>3125047
>Look at the paintings and drawings made by the Italians anywhere from the 15th-18th century. Then look at what the French made during the 18th

Literal autist
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.