[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to improve my line work?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: kUuht00m_400x400[1].jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kUuht00m_400x400[1].jpg
28KB, 400x400px
What is the best way to improve my line work?
>>
by doing line work. next
>>
Masturbate less, take beta blockers.
>>
might be a good idea to show a sample of your work but I think you're just trying to bait with that pic
>>
BUY A JOB
>>
>>3124382
Trace pro artist that are known for having great lines and try and absorb how they do it
>>
>>3124382
PRACTICE YOU DUMB CUNT
>>
>>3124463
Nile, post your blog.
>>
>>3124502
lol why http://nilefar.tumblr.com/
>>
Build a wall
Use it as a ruler
>>
>>3124526
Nile post your cock
>>
>>3124382
I've often wondered this too... I can draw from my shoulder and whatnot. But I'm blown away by sketches pros do with graphite. Even though I have control of my lines they always look too thick or something? Should I change the way I hold my pencil? It is a certain kind of pencil?
>>
https://lazynezumi.com/

SOLVED
>>
>>3124623
I don't draw digitally.
>>
File: DF_1pXtU0AAOWEW.jpg (175KB, 882x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DF_1pXtU0AAOWEW.jpg
175KB, 882x1200px
Try doing something like pic related.

He only uses the binary pen, no texture, no opacity, no changing size or color, no pen pressure or stabilization.

He only uses 2 pens, one is just a pixel bigger than the other. That's all he needs to convey form, shadows, planes, etc.

Really opened my eyes to what effective linework actually means.

My lines always looked lifeless, so I enabled pen pressure or used a fountain pen hoping that the size variation would make it look alive. The truth is that lines look alive when they actually mean something instead of randomly throwing them around.
>>
>>3124623
Meme product. Can't believe I bought that shit.

>draws the exact same line-but slower!

Fuck off
>>
You haven't post your work, but I'll speculate and determine that you jumped an important part of the training that is mastering lines. This is a typical beginner mistake, it usually happens when people try to rush and begin drawing without having good lines, you souldn't even draw a single cube without before having a good line work.

So, I'll suggest to drop any other practice and master your free-hand lines; practice horizontal, vertical and parallel lines, make sure to draw them perfectly straight. It should take you a couple of months if you really push an work hard.
>>
>>3124654
I'm fairly sure none of the pros or masters have gone through such training.
>>
>>3124659
Ask any pro to draw some lines or cubes, perfect lines you'd see, I guarantee.
>>
Practice Japanese handwriting. Alternatively, any other pictorial-based language. Why do you think, as a rule of thumb, Asians have such good linework?
>>
>>3124647
yeah... thats not how you use lazy nezumi
>>3124382
post work
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.