[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long will it take to reach KJG skill level

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: kjg-sketch-collection-26.jpg (84KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
kjg-sketch-collection-26.jpg
84KB, 500x333px
Drawing Level: Beginner
Daily hour: 6
>>
His biggest asset is his visual library and his precision. It'll probably only take you a few years. It's nothing too special unless you enjoy sketching.
>>
>>3123549
>6 hours a day

Get a job NEET.
>>
>>3123555
If it isn't too special, then why is it that most artists don't even come close.
>>
>>3123556
I work 8 hours a day monday through friday. I draw 6 hours. 4 hours eating/shitting/checking the mail/shiposting all that shit. 5 hours of sleep. 1 hour talking to mama on the phone.
>>
>>3123564
Post work?
>>
>>3123557
Most artists obviously don't do what KJG does, there are people like KJG though, they're just not as popular as he is and therefore less noticed. In fact, KJG is just a comic artist, but they like to shill his drawing ability like it's magic. Just typical media bullshit.
>>
Shit ton of work thats for sure
>>
File: dancelikeagirl.png (25KB, 556x705px) Image search: [Google]
dancelikeagirl.png
25KB, 556x705px
>>3123569
>>
>>3123570
Like who?
>>
>>3123549
It could take a life time to get as good as him, some never reach his level. Not to say that you can't or others haven't but it depends on the individuals aptitude for drawing, their dedication, motivation, etc. You can't really look at someone's art and say it'll take them x years to be KGJ tier. Maybe it'll take you a decade? Maybe 2? Who knows...
>>3123570
Name me 5 people who draw as good as him.
>hard mode
Do not say Karl Kopinski
>>
>>3123582
You'd have to be retarded to think you can build all that technical ability and visual library in 2 years...
>>
>12 years
>18 hours a day
>put your hand on ice when it hurts
Come on dude everybody knows this.
>>
File: 1412031883796.png (93KB, 313x311px) Image search: [Google]
1412031883796.png
93KB, 313x311px
>>3123570
This somewhat similar something some faggots told me once. "Oh there are plenty of masters that draw like Gi - they just choose not to". Who are these masters?

Now, I don't expect you to answer this, but it would be nice for you to point to people that are actually on Gi's level.

>>3123549

There's no real way of knowing. We don't even really know when Gi was able to draw the way he does now. Even if we did know, just him isn't too reliable of sample size as he is a pretty big outlier already.
>>
>>3123587
I said 2 decades not 2 years...
>>
Worrying about time is stupid, it's like a kid wanting to become an adult right here right now. He's already said how he got as good as he did and it was be drawing from life.
>>
>>3123619
Literally every single artist that can draw without construction is like him.
>>
>>3123578
assuming thats honestly your work you have a long road ahead. assuming youre not just posturing about 6 hours a day I guess I can just personally say that you shouldnt over do it and study and practice mindfully. Sheer hours arent everything. If youre really going 6 a day its pretty safe to assume a couple hours of that time arent being utilized to the fullest. sometimes burnout is so subtle you dont even realize it has set in.

Anyway dont compare yourself to others and good luck dude.
>>
File: becb5cb80cabf2f3-KimJungGi_01.jpg (826KB, 1023x721px) Image search: [Google]
becb5cb80cabf2f3-KimJungGi_01.jpg
826KB, 1023x721px
>>3123679

Sinix makes some nice shapes when he doesn't use much construction lines as he is thinking more about the shape language of the drawing rather than the structure

On the other hand however, a 6 year old draws "like Gi". It is than construction or not construction. It is more beyond just not using construction/seeing the construction

It is about confidence, rhythm, composition, and the general complexity of execution. I see many artists that draw "like Gi" but at the same time they don't really work at his level.

Now lets take a look at sinix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymp3748rXEE

You see in his drawing process that he tends to start with a basic shape idea and extrapolate from there. This is mostly intuitive, and much less conscious visualization is being used here. I used to draw like this at one point, and still sometimes fall into the habit of it. Pay attention to that woman with the short hair ~6:15 mins in. You see he draws the hair and then cleans it up later. Same with the ears. Even if we assume that he is consciously visualizing the shapes of these figures, you still see a relatively high error rate with his lines. This is especially apparent on the next more realistic woman.

Now, there is a few people that are pretty Gi level, and has a similar process. For example peter han:

https://www.instagram.com/peterhanstyle/?hl=en

His work is a lot more obvious that he is visualizing much more of it (the perspective is a it fucky at some places like we see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRs3hTUvwE

Honestly I am not mad lmao, before anyone thinks that.
>>
>>3123733
Sigh - typing. But even with how close the two are in process, it is pretty obvious that Gi has a higher capacity. Allegedly, in a lot of his pieces he has a rough idea of the scene. In larger murals, he says it is about 70%.

I have to say this point is a lot of speculation even for me though.

Damn, I hope I am not typing too aggressive though.
>>
NAHUEL ERES TU?
>>
>>3123610
You say that as a meme, but there was an anon who was actually practicing 16 hours and actually hardcore grinding instead of just mindlessly drawing. II think He made a post about weird cravings and got advice from anons to draw from life and learn edge work, but he seemed to be on a good track. People on /ic/ aren't as bad as you think, just stop going to alt style and /beg/ threads, and you'll be surprised.
>>
>>3123549
>6 hours a day
Never

if he's drawing more than you, you'll never catch up
>>
>>3124560
Gi doesn't draw over 6 hours a day AFAIK

http://www.kimjunggi.net/biographie/itw-1-comic-king/?lang=fr

> I work usually 5~6 hours a day. I don’t stay up all night working since I’ve got married— maybe two or three times a month.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.