[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loomis, bridgeman or Hampton? Which one is the best?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: untitled.png (362KB, 1280x871px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
362KB, 1280x871px
>>
the one that works for you, try all three. Always get information/instruction from a few different sources.
>>
>>3123389
ok ok i get it. ill update my blog so you can stop spurging with this older stuff.
>>
File: ZOrkX6j.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZOrkX6j.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>3123402

it better be good or I'll keep using your old art to spite you when shitposting
>>
>>3123404
>asking me to retroactively make my art good.

https://xnosebro.tumblr.com/
>>
>>3123419
Nosebro. What's your plan? What would be "making it" to you?? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 359x22px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 359x22px
>>3123426
technically have been thinking of a story for a long time and it has morphed into a behemot that cannot fail. not as in its too good to fail, but as in ive put too much effort for it to fail. Long story short, got 13k worth of words which is mainly a summary and research on phenomena and personalities.

The further i go the more i realize my initial start was lackluster and confusing. And further as i grow as a person i realize that the way i write people are too similar to me ( IE i recently realized people have emotions and not only goals).

So if I can get published and at least finish the first arc of the story before people tell me im too shit to continue.

So ya, professional weeb is what i need to do. And im unwilling to start until both art and story are to my liking.
>>
>>3123479

That's actually interesting. What's your discord, do you still use the same one as last year?
>>
>>3123479
Do you actually practice writing and read any books or are you just winging it based off manga/comics you've read?
>>
>>3123490
Their lack of leadership has caused me to be banned so I made my own server. It was only meant as a point of reference for people to be able to contact me without friending me, but over the past 2 months a community has organically grown. We do gesture battles weekly. https://discord.gg/K5gwsyg

>>3123495
The gay response is that I'm a dreamer so I've been practicing my whole life. The legitimate response is that I am so arrogant I think I can absolutely crush it on my first try if i give myself enough time. The more subtly arrogant response is that because i reworked the story so many times and have played some scenes hundreds of times in my head slightly differently every time that in itself is a form of practice.
>>
>>3123531
What's your story about? I'm sort of in the same predicament as you. I've been reworking my story for quite some time now. I consume lots of tv shows(vikings, game of thrones) documentaries, and read a bit of writing theory here and there. So, I think that can be a form of master studies and that I could get by without getting too deep into technical writing theory. Still, I'd recommend making a comic that you don't care that much about. No matter how much preparation your first comic will be shit one way or the other. Either your technical skills won't be up to par, either your composition will suck, drawing backgrounds and putting characters in backgrounds is also a major thing that I haven't seen you do, and finally posting your comic online and getting feedback from readers in terms of storytelling will allow you to know what's working and what's not.
>>
>>3123542
i have some throw away stories for practice, but the main one is too important. My main story is just a fantasy battle simulator with interesting fights based on gimmicks and science. My others ones are just throwaway dumb stories to work on.
Some examples:

Story of a guy who can’t confess his feelings because he realizes he’s in a romcom and if he admits his feelings his story will end and she will die. (meta)

guy who realizes hes in a manga and starts trying to get out (meta)

Demonlord stuck in a teenage boy and they try to break him emotionally to get him out but he's too used to it. IE a girl gets hit by a bus while confessing to him but he just walks away because hes used to it (comedy)

short story about parental sacrifice (drama oneshot)

story about how everybody grows orbs on their head and use them to fight. (combat simulator)

etc.

so i can come up with bullshit to practice paneling, that wont be an issue.
>>
>>3123616
Why don't you draw with multiple line overs? Do you ctrl+z alot? Do you believe that drawing with a single line is best?
>>
>>3123389
Thank you op for posting those names because I am learning anatomy and discovered loomis, but now I hound proportions like ocd and im gonna try someone elses technique

It actually makes me want to kill myself I spent 3 straight days working on anatomy and somehow I feel as ive gotten worse
>>
File: Capture.png (76KB, 664x422px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
76KB, 664x422px
>>3123617
i ctrl z a lot but thats due to having extremely long and complex lines, im moving forward a style that allows me to draw more stuff in one line as well.

there are some examples on the new works i posted where birds tend to be few lines and a new hair style has been developed.
>>
>>3123389
>https://xnosebro.tumblr.com/
>No finished pieces
>No actual definitive style
>No actual work done

How do you even have the guts to keep your name on instead of being anonymous? I would feel shame to be you.
>>
>>3123696
>people who hate on nosebro actually worse than nosebro

Post work then talk shit faggot
>>
>>3123696
Shame? Why? It's the internet. Also, technically he's still anonymous. Just because someone knows what name your go on by online doesn't mean they know you in real life.
>>
File: Dva.png (1MB, 2800x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Dva.png
1MB, 2800x3600px
>>3123700
I'm not even above shit tier, but atleast I don't go around shitting on people and proclaiming myself a pseudo-messiah of art.
>>
>>3123696
is there a reason you dislike not having a definitive style? It's literally a choice i made to be versatile. by the way, hair concentrates highlights much harder than on your piece, amongst all the other obvious mistakes.
>>
File: tumblr_oqis2s9BrA1sqis3go1_1280.png (3MB, 1204x1228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqis2s9BrA1sqis3go1_1280.png
3MB, 1204x1228px
>>3123479
good luck with your goals nosebro, I actually like your style a lot, we both fans of yoshinari maybe?
>>
>>3123706
Can I get a screencap of him actually saying it or are you talking out of your ass, again

>>3123713
No one needs to like it but you, you can do whatever you like everyone else is jealous that you can put your name down with it, even though its not your real name

I believe in you nosebro and you should believe in yourself
>>
>>3123713
Let me tell you what.
You're an asshole, and I have no respect for you, your opinion is equivalent as the dog shit I step since it only matters to me when it gets in my way.
I am self aware of my lack of skill. But I intend to become better and teach others so they can surpass me and become better than me.
I don't break their spirits, because I know there are a lot of insecure fucks like you who just live to diminish the value of the work of beginner artists. I may not have the best artwork but I have the best pupils and the best of my intentions, and I guide them to become something better and greater than what I can ever expect to be.
So right now, I just want to say, fuck you. And I don't regret making a reply this long because I'm aware you have 2nd tier autism and you'll read every single word I type in.
Also, do yourself a favor and finish anything, so I can hit you in the face with my strongest criticism possible. The reason you never finish anything is because you're afraid to finish something with your full effort and it turns out like shit. Which it will, and the day your autism lets you do it, I'll be there to laugh at you as the inisgnificant piece of shit you are.
>>
>>3123727
fan is a harsh word. The last guy i looked up to was erraday. I like his work a lot though, but Nile is the one following his footsteps.

Whats up with that repost btw? any new stuff?
>>
>>3123479
Could you give us a quick rundown
>>
>>3123732
My first student is a higher level than you by a fair margin. But let me tell you what, I'm glad you put your name behind what you do, and if it is what you desire, we can talk it out. im sure i can push you in the right direction.

Alternatively, if you're willing to convert to Christianity ill teach you how to draw.
>>
>>3123389
What's the point of a figuring drawing book when drawing from observation is enough to get the same result?
>>
File: GesturePractice.png (3MB, 1028x1112px) Image search: [Google]
GesturePractice.png
3MB, 1028x1112px
>>3123737
Yeah but my blog is officially dead now.
I don't know about those guys but I could definitely recommend you krenz and "anime effect" by toru yoshida, they're great artist and they're more akin to the kind of stuff you draw.
>>
>>3123732
Lmao
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.