[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programs thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: screenshot1-610x250.png (259KB, 610x250px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1-610x250.png
259KB, 610x250px
Anyone here use something other than Photoshop? Sai? MediBang? GIMP? Something else? I'd like to see if anyones capable with these and what you guys think of them. Just started using MyPaint and the pencil tool feels god-tier with my tablet.
>>
>>3122324
anything "pencil" is a gimmick

it's all just the soft round brush modified
>>
>>3122328
so long as it kinda looks pencil textured why does it matter
>>
>>3122328
Do you just use that for everything then? I'm a complete noob to digital.
>>
>>3122329

>it's all just the soft round brush modified
>hundreds of (((pencil) brushes online for people too lazy to change texture settings
>>
>>3122330
no but the basic defaults in photoshop can do 95% of everything you'll need starting out
>>
>>3122338
But the point of the thread is talking about Photoshop alternatives anon.
>>
>>3122342
sai, medibangyourmom,gimp all have the same basic brushes as photoshop

it's just the other alternatives come preloaded with their fair share of gimmicks
>>
>>3122328
Corel Painter does a really good job at actually imitating traditional media.
>>
>>3122352

corel painter's pencil brushes (2b brush for example) doesn't look like a pencil at all unless you change it off gel mode

and all its "real" pencil brushes look exactly like photoshops

every other brush lags and it's a basically a gay waste of time in my opinion
>>
>>3122324
My second go to app is SketchBook Pro. If you download the demo, it's the free version. Very nice little drawing app.
>>
>>3122349
You fucking idiot, you can't understand that not everyone is going to drop the money on a PS sub? In a thread dedicated to the alts? Gtfo if you literally can't keep fallatiating PS with every single post.
>>
>>3122394
I don't even like use photoshop aside from touchup and editing images. I'm a man of clip studio paint. The point being (most) pencil brushes are gimmicks.

Also not even I pay for a sub. Just pirate it like everyone else.
>>
>>3122400
oh forgot... but I paid for my csp. I'm not that cheap.
>>
>>3122400
>>3122403
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>3122406

No, is your father?
>>
>>3122358
I had corel painter once, and it was supremely laggy. It's a very fun program to use though , but it kept crashing on me for some reason.
>>
i used sketchbook pro, but i never finish anything.
>>
>>3122324
I use FireAlpaca
>>
File: wut.png (962KB, 1710x1282px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
962KB, 1710x1282px
>>3122426
what are some good pieces made in sketchbook pro? all I ever see are industrial design, concept sketches, and generally just sketches.
>>
>>3122426
>>3122431
Post some work friends.
>>
File: patch.png (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
patch.png
74KB, 800x600px
>>3122437
I just started making digital art. This the first thing I drew.
>>
>>3122433
idk, everything ive seen generally looks like shit. Not sure if because its a shitty program or because its a program popular with shitty artists. Most "good" art done in sketchbook i've seen is usually comic styles. A lot is also colored in a different program and they only use sketchbook for sketch/lineart.
>>
>>3122438

aww so cute

do you have a blog? or are you in the irc chat?
I actually like poorly drawn cute things like these because they're so innocent
>>
File: IMG_20170903_015200.png (22KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170903_015200.png
22KB, 405x405px
>>3122443
Here's my Twitter qr code
>>
>>3122437
That moonman is mine. Didn't feel like finishing/fixing it. Had a lot of issues, and the drawing was a bit too ambitious for what i'm capable of i think. Didn't even know 'lock transparency' was a thing at the time, would have saved me a lot of trouble if i did.
>>
>>3122426
>>3122448
All in Sketchbook Pro though? Creepy moonman desu but good work, keep it up.
>>
>>3122458
yes
>>
>>3122447
Ok I made a twitter just to follow you
>>
>>3122463
Thanks!
>>
>>3122467
youre welcome :)
>>
>>3122471
did you follow him too?
wut?
>>
>>3122473
fuck off
>>
>>3122324
Are there any other programs that have a paint color selector like the one on ArtRage? Or are there addons or plugins you can put into PS or GIMP?
>>
I'm trying to get used to sketchbook pro at the moment outside of using paint tool sai
>>
>>3122324
was torn between Photoshop CC or Corel Painter 2017
choose Corel Painter 2017
>>
>>3122496
If u mean the quarter of a circle in the corner in ArtRage then it's literally just a castrated version of standard color wheel, available in most painting software. In Photoshop there are two addons that do that, theyre called Color Wheel and Coolorus
>>
>>3122526
post your masterpeices
>>
File: procreate-made-for-artists.jpg (655KB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
procreate-made-for-artists.jpg
655KB, 2732x2048px
I tend to use Procreate nowadays.
Here's some promo art since my stuff is shit.
>>
>>3122324
I have a list of "alternatives" programs I use:
>Corel Painter Essentials 4
It's my main program, the one I use to jobs, rendered-detailed stuff and comics (flats and inking, etc). It's the software that came with my ancient bamboo pen. Why pirate PS or whatever when CPE4 gets the job done? Also, I really love old painting programs, dunno why.
>AZpainter
I use it just to apply screentones but it's also a good program for lines.
>mspaint
Just for fun, of course. I really like to wing it in paint and try to render things to the max using that marker brush.
>>
>>3122324
Linux + Krtia combo is all I ever needed.
I tried Photoshop and Clip studio as well, but both felt super awkward and I bailed out within 2 weeks.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.