[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just found this painting in the grandfather house. Is it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1406.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1406.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So i just found this painting in the grandfather house. Is it worth something? The title on the down left corner says B.nawrocki 88
>>
>>3121603
What is written on the back? It is hard to establish any provenance as more information is needed. Can you take a close up photo of the signature? The name didn't come up in any searches. Where did your grandfather get it? What is the size of the piece? I will check a few more places and be right back.
>>
File: IMG_1409.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1409.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I guess its Bolesław Nawrocki. I've got it in Gdansk poland and i assume the said city is painted here. No idea where it came from tho
>>
>>3121603
You would need to post much more information and clearer photos. From the subject matter it looks to be a Dutch or Flemish style painting. If 88 is the year it could be referring to 1688 or 1788. If it is a 329 year old painting it still may not be worth much if it is not in good condition and you can't show provenance.
>>
>>3121603
Bolesław Nawrocki (born 1877 in Łódź , died in 1946 in Pabianice ) is a Polish painter.
How is there an 88 date on there if he was only 11 when it was painted.
>>
i've noticed that too, its just the only lead to the artist that i've found
>>
>>3121648
There is an auction site for his work.Boleslaw NAWROCKI
1877 Łódź - 1946 Pabianice)

Bolesław Nawrocki went to Munich in 1895 after drawing lessons at W. Gerson. Here he attended the Grocholski school first and then spent two years at the Munich Academy with JC Herterich. After two months studying at L. Wyczółkowski in Cracow, he continued his studies at the Académie Julian, the Académie Vitti and the Académie Colarossi in Paris. He also set up his own workshop, which was in operation until 1907. At the end of this year he returned to the country, dealing with painting and didactics. He even founded his own painting school in Lodz. He lived in Warsaw and Poznan.
In 1923 he bought a family home in Pabianice and here he collected rich collections of art, from 1930 to 1938 he ran a school of drawing and painting. He exhibited in Paris, in Bordeaux, several times at the Society of Zachęta Fine Arts in Warsaw. In 1908 he had his exhibition in Warsaw, he had individual exhibitions in 1909 at the Society of Friends of Fine Arts in Cracow, in 1925 in Poznań, in 1926 in the Society of Friends of Fine Arts in Cracow, in 1929 in the Zachęta Society in Warsaw and in Łódź in 1929. 1929 and 1930, in Pabianice in 1930, 1933 and 1939.
Nawrocki painted symbolic compositions, also symbolic elements appeared in his portraits. He also created landscapes, official portraits, plant studies, scenes illustrating important contemporary events (for example, two scenes devoted to the events of King Viktor Emanuel III, Miracle on the Vistula, Adoption of Marshal Foch by the Poznań City Council). He returned in his work to the theme of the nocturne. As a porter, he had the opportunity to create portraits of famous people, including the late French presidents, Armand Clement Fallieres and Gaston Doumerque, Stanisław Wojciechowski, Ignacy Paderewski and Francis Kleeberg.

http://www.altius.com.pl/index.php?obiekty_id=3223
>>
What I would do if I wanted to sell it is establish provenance, and try to tie your grandfather to the original painter. Any markings on the back and other marks will help. Also if it is the original frame it is worth more. Then you can try to sell it to a collector. It may only be worth only a few thousand, unless you can get the provenance history documented. It is worth more then. Find out what some of his other works sold for.
>>
>>3121666
Or, hire an auction house to do the work for you, and sell it to an audience that would be looking for something like this. They'd also be able to calculate it's potential worth.

Why do you guys always advise the hard way? "Just go become an art appraiser and auction house on your own" - because it's that easy, right?

There aren't enough fucking facepalms.
>>
>>3121630
>Bolesław Nawrocki
Hmmm. Doesnt look like his normal signature, and the work doesnt really match his other stuff. Could be student work, or his father, or another relative?

Let a professional figure it out. Find out if an art museum near you would be willing to look at it, or a professional art appraiser.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.