[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surface pro 4 i5 4gb for digital art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: surface_pro_4_tilted.png (3MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
surface_pro_4_tilted.png
3MB, 3000x1688px
Surface pro 4 i5 4gb for digital art?
>>
>>3121500
Just get an iPad pro.
>>
File: file.png (63KB, 569x387px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63KB, 569x387px
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/consumer-reports-pulls-microsoft-surface-recommendation.html
>>
>>3121500
Ipad pro will wind up being cheaper and a better drawing experience. Surface's stylus is worse than the one from my 2007 le1600
>>
>>3121586
>>3121638
B-but apple file system and no real drawing software
>>
>>3121586
>>3121638
Don't listen to these bozos. You'll only be able to use mobile apps instead of actual software.
>>
Is using a screen tablet with a laptop viable? Doesn't seem nearly as portable.
>>
>>3121638
With touch controls? Doesn't seem comfortable. Why won't Apple make just a couple goddamn buttons on it? Is it too much to ask? You also need to charge it.
>>
>>3121641
Procreate and paintstorm are perfectly fine, and if you really need to you can use it as a dual display with a pc or Mac, meaning you can use all your software from your main computer.
Usually if I'm out I will start something in procreate and finish it on CSP at home. >>3121656
This is the only complaint I have but you get used to it. They do have a bluetooth keyboard you can use but i havent used it.
>>
>>3121500
Ntrig is shit
>>
Don’t get Surface. Try the pens in person if you need to, but the surface pen feels like shit to most people. Weird squishy nib, while the apple pencil feels like using a pencil or pen from the hard round “nib”.
More expensive than ipad too.

>>3121641
They got a new update that gives a real file system rather than mobile shit. Not MacOS but it’s getting there. It’s also easy to transer files to it with good integration with dropbox, etc. (especially in procreate). Also if you’re an applefag there’s airdrop that transfers files between apple devices very conveniently over the air, but I don’t get much use out of it except instantly sharing with friends irl, as I don’t own a mac or iphone.
Procreate is also super good and very cheap. Plus no subscription.
Also yeah it’s possible to use as a cintiq.
>>3121656
If you’re talking about the pen needing to be charged, it charges insanely fast. Just go pee or rest/exercise your eyes like you should be doing when staring at a screen anyway.
>>
I got one of these for school. I don't really like drawing on it because there is no texture to the surface. It feels like drawing on straight glass.
>>
wacom has a pen for these tablets, it feels good, the one that comes with it is pure crap
>>
>>3121892

Does the wacom pen have tilt?

Honestly miss my tilt feature.
>>
>>3121586

>Let me export that shit to .psd and put it in a folder on my FILE MANAGER.

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>3122014
>what is dropbox
>>
File: p3xUq63k9A7eWGHvWDjXaM-650-80.jpg (31KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
p3xUq63k9A7eWGHvWDjXaM-650-80.jpg
31KB, 650x365px
>>3121500
The higher activation force required on the pen can be annoying - make sure you try it in person before buying.

Personally I've got my eye on the Acer Switch 7, an i7 convertible with discrete graphics (Nvidia MX 150), 13.5-inch screen, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD. And importantly for me, Wacom EMR and an adjustable kickstand. It's pricey ($1700), but decent value when compared to a similarly specced Surface Pro.
>>
>4gb

no, personally i think all of these tablets aren't worth the money yet. closest thing that's actually good is an ipad pro. give it a few more years
>>
>>3122014
Are you autistic? Go back to your shitty ntrig, fag.
>>
>>3121500
Buy the wacom bamboo ink pen with it and you'll have a wonderfull tablet. I use it for all my work since i bought the wacom pen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.