[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone try this? It does seem like it can be helpful to have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: StageFrightFinal_Ad_beta4.jpg (426KB, 1005x1637px) Image search: [Google]
StageFrightFinal_Ad_beta4.jpg
426KB, 1005x1637px
Anyone try this?
It does seem like it can be helpful to have something that simulates 3d environment colors like the non PS "Colour Constructor" application but something about it looks flatter and less accurate.

Also maybe can talk about PS plugins in general if you want or if anyone has recommendations. Right now I am really loving Brusherator but I have a pirate version and have been considering buying the legit copy since it has more features.
>>
File: better solution.png (130KB, 862x408px) Image search: [Google]
better solution.png
130KB, 862x408px
i have a better solution
>>
File: Colour Constructor_01-999A.png (149KB, 1219x770px) Image search: [Google]
Colour Constructor_01-999A.png
149KB, 1219x770px
>>3121031
That's not even what it does, that is what swatches are for.
It's more like pic related but compact.
>>
File: better better solution.png (116KB, 862x408px) Image search: [Google]
better better solution.png
116KB, 862x408px
>>3121038
>>
>>3121040
>>3121007
These two palettes looks like absolute garbage.
>>
>>3121040
Yeah, okay Timmy I guess I'll put it up on the fridge or something.
>>
>>3121007
>>3121038
good for flat colors and colored light
I really like the exposure/intensity slider in color constructor. produces unexpected colors
thats about it. you still need to know materials textures and how to actually render
not a 3d software substitute
>>
File: color_theory_lin-ran2.jpg (458KB, 1776x1472px) Image search: [Google]
color_theory_lin-ran2.jpg
458KB, 1776x1472px
>>3121007
I find it best to research traditional color palettes and how the Old Masters painted; going back to basics with the RGB or (for digital) the CMYK color wheel. Of course then depending on what you wanna do - it also helps to know the science of light; how warm colours reflect off certain surfaces, how bounce light works, etc.

Pic related is a customized color palette from Lin Ran
>>
>>3121446
But how do you use a custom palette?
>>
>>3121909
Are you serious? Copy and paste the palette into your art program and color pick off the image or add each hue in your "swatches" panel
>>
>>3121938
Yes but then what? Do I mix the colors like in traditional palette or do I go up and down the rgb square to get the additional colors i need?
>>
>>3121446
What is this color pallette exactly for?
>>
>>3121007

meh

>all these digital crutches

First photobashing because you literally can't be bothered to "draw all that shit" and now some fucking software to hold your dick so you don't even have to pick your own colors? Absolutely disgraceful. I am deeply ashamed of you, the younger generation of digital painters.

NGMI. Literally all you need is to do value and color studies from life and reference, digital and traditional. Eyeball everything. Occasionally check with the color picker on your ref to see how off you are if working from reference on the computer. That's it. Boom.
>>
>>3121007
How are "3d environment colors" different from real life colours? I would just study landscape paintings like those associated with the hudson river school. I've been getting good at colour picking for clouds and skies and it is super liberating to be able to pick exactly what you want from the photoshop colour popup
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.