[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traditional TOOLS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1455764944722.png (246KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1455764944722.png
246KB, 500x555px
Should I spent 250$ on ellipse guides, copic markers, pads and a straight edge? I want to master draftsmanship traditionally.

I have 500$ saved up.
>>
>>3120514
Spending tons of cash on shit wont make you draw better, pal.

Get a drawing pad and some charcoal sticks, pencils and a couple kneaded erasers & practice.
>>
>>3120514
A fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>3120514
I started this way, ellipse guides and everything. Just learn digitally it's so much faster, don't be so romantic.

If you really are going traditional, just get a T-square and transparent straight edge. Marker paper and prismacolors, copics are weeb hype.

Skip ellipse guides you will probably use them wrong anyway if someone isn't instructing you on perspective. Also such a massive pain setting up wide vanishing points.
>>
>>3120514
What are you using right now?
if it cost less than half what you're planning, don't bother
>>
>>3120674

I do understand how perspective works and how to use ellipses, it's just that I hate working on Photoshop on perspective projects to learn more about vehicle design. Traditional is so comfy and relaxing.

>>3120687

Photoshop, costs zero dolliridoos
>>
>>3120514
Don't be a fucking retard. Just do what >>3120639 said.
>>
>>3120828
That doesn't make any sense, why would I want charcoal sticks and kneaded erases to get good at draftmanship? I only use Fineliners so I can improve my super shitty linework.

It's a damn shame ellipse templates are so expensive (for me). I would love to leave digital only to learn about rendering or abstract concept exploration. Drawing in sketch pad is a lot more comfy and satisfying.
>>
No, what the actual fuck
Learn to draw BEFORE spending inordinate amounts of money on shit you'll never use

All you need for now is a pencil and paper which shouldn't cost you more than 5 bucks.
>>
>>3120840

My goal is to master perspective, by making designs in orthos and drawing them.
>>
>>3120850
you already made up your mind just buy the shit, are you trying to get into actual automotive/transportation design or just fantasy?
>>
>>3120850
You don't need those materials to master your skills, especially not copic markers
Don't waste your money
>>
>>3120903

Both, but first the automotive so all my sci fi designs actually make sense and my port folio can stand out
>>
>>3120840
Acutally for perspective a ellipse guide and straight edge wouldn't be a bad idea. Still shouldn't cost him more than 20-30$ in the end.
>>
>>3120733
Bump.

I also prefer to work traditionally. And I want to know if those rulers will be really worth it or not.
>>
>>3120639
fpbp
plus a fine point pen
>>
>>3121662
>>3120733
If you're using it as a hobby, then buy anything you want to make it suitable for you. If you want to make money from it, anybody hiring you would want you to work digitally because they need the result as fast as possible.
>>
>>3121482
you know an ellipse guide set is like a hundo plus bucks rite.

>>3121662
When i demo perspective i use a t square and straight edge, cause when ur going to vanishing points off the page it shows more apparently what is going on.

Doing a few perspective scenes for practice traditionally isn't the worst idea.
>>
I went and got a math set with protractor, 2 triangle rulers, a straight ruler, and compass. All for $2
>>
>>3121761
You won't find a complete set of ellipse templates for 2$, dude.
>>
>>3121696

There's a lot of pros who do it traditionally and then render digitally. Like Scott Robertson for example.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.