[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loomis' ball

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: untitled.jpg (74KB, 495x685px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
74KB, 495x685px
OK, I don't get this one, how do you add that ear line?
The books tells me that both middle and eye lines can be put on the ball by drawing two lines across it (forming a cross) and then drawing an oval in each line.

But I can't find a solid method to draw the ear line.
>>
Just look at it. In real proportions our ear extends up to about the brow line. The horizontal line on these cartoon heads however represents the "eye line" which is just below the brow line. What does that tell you? That you should make the ears peak out just above the eye line like they're pictured for Christ's sake.
>>
>>3117959
it's a meme
>>
>>3117991
I'm not talking about cartoony or realistic head proportions.
I'm talking about solidly dividing the ball using 3 ellipses to indicate the height, width and volume (or the X, Y, & Z axis) of the ball.
>>
git gud
>>
>>3118009
no better way to say it
>>
>>3117959
Loomis doesn't give you one because you're supposed to experiment and play without any limitations. Most beginners don't get that so this ball method doesn't work. And they should just draw from observation a lot instead to get good.
>>
u got meme'd
>>
>>3117959
Of course you get a bunch of half-assed attempts at an answer.

You're supposed to draw an ellipse through it. Take the center of the circle and decide a minor axis, draw the ellipse corresponding to it (you choose the inclination) and that's your ear line. To get the vertical line, draw your other minor axis at 90° from that one and repeat.

To understand ellipses and that stuff, check this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaZmwHU7vZo

I hope I explained it well enough
>>
>>3118096
Gonna check this one out.
Thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.