[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would pencil + copic markers get a result that looks like pic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Would pencil + copic markers get a result that looks like pic related?

It looks as though the drawing was initially laid in with pencil, markered on-top, and then pencil again to darken/tighten up lines.
>>
>>3117816
it looks like watercolors over ink to me. but it could easily be markers over pencil i guess( the grey parts definitely look a lot like marker-grey) , i certainly think you could easily achieve that look with markers either way.
>>
>>3117841
My moneys on photoshop or whatever program capcom had artist use back in 98.
>>
スパイダーマンだよ。
>>
>>3117912
pretty unlikely given the marks, but always possible i guess
>>
>>3117816
>Would pencil + copic markers get a result that looks like pic related?
Nope.
MvC illustrations are done with pencil details & shading, ink outline and then colored digitally.
>>
>>3117924
While that sounds likely to be the actual method, how can you be so sure? Did this come up in an interview somewhere?
>>
File: Darkstalkers_NW_Morrigan.png (522KB, 691x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Darkstalkers_NW_Morrigan.png
522KB, 691x1000px
>>3118950
It says so in the artbooks of MvC2.
The guy who draw the illustrations is called "Bengus," although his methods vary depending of the game.

For example, in Darkstalkers, he did the art traditionally with watercolor and waterproof ink, adding pencil strokes for the mid-tones at the end.

In MvC2, he first made the sketches in pencil, then inked the outlines. Later he scanned the illustration and colored it on photoshop (with a slight sepia filter on it).

You can tell it was done digitally because the highlights and shadows in the costumes have hard edges.
>>
>>3119276
Great post Anon. That's really cool to learn about.
>>
>>3119276
5 star post anon, you're making /ic/ great again.
>>
Is Bengus on the newest street fighter? Seems random.
>>
>>3121217
for the story art and some of the illustrations for V it is indeed him yeah. he also did the art for the USFII cover thats on switch
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.