[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old, have the sticky books any advice on how I should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1fb.jpg (68KB, 813x484px) Image search: [Google]
1fb.jpg
68KB, 813x484px
18 year old, have the sticky books any advice on how I should start besides "just draw"
>>
File: loomistilt.png (69KB, 307x315px) Image search: [Google]
loomistilt.png
69KB, 307x315px
depends on what your end goal is, but loomis is a good start
>>
>>3117613
Comics and cartoons but, actually good
>>
read the books then draw
>>
File: 1503418944115.png (2MB, 720x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1503418944115.png
2MB, 720x2127px
>>3117617
you should start by studying/copying works you like and supplementing it with fundamentals.
>>
>>3117624
That's a meme
>>3117610
Post your work so we can see where you're at. You could start from a couple different places depending on skill level.
>>
File: Imgur - _UpFQ3pB.png (187KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Imgur - _UpFQ3pB.png
187KB, 700x600px
>>3117617
>>
>>3117630

you also realize the sticky is just a list of suggestions /ic/ as a whole pitched it, right? and that the 2nd sticky is half written by someone who can't draw out of a paper bag, right?
>>
>>3117630
I have no skills at this point anon the only thing I've done so far are the first two lessons from draw a box
>>
>>3117632
wait if that's true does that mean the "Big sticky" can be done in any order
>>
>>3117632
Got any better suggestions on what books to read?
>>
>>3117648
1. Keys to Drawing
2. Perspective Made Easy
3. Science of Art
4. How To Draw
>>
>>3117610
draw gooder
>>
What should my mentality be when trying to learn art, is there anything I should flat out not do?
>>
>>3117610
Just keep drawing boi.
Try drawing meatballs too.
>>
>>3117700
Fall for the loomis meme
>>
>>3117610
here's some actual advice.

1 learn to study, and by extension draw from reference. This does not mean copy, it means break down what you see, interpret it into primitives, internalize whatever insights that gives you and and apply it to whatever you're working on.
2. understand and visualize forms. Practice visualizing simple shapes in your head and rotate, stretch and generally just toy around with them. Having what amounts to a primitive 3d engine running in your head is one of the most powerful tools you can have as an artist.
3 corny as it sounds just have fun with it. burnout is real and makes what is supposed to be a fun hobby a chore. always try to bring it back to what you want to draw, dont just study for the sake of studying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.