[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: thought t.jpg (3MB, 4300x5000px) Image search: [Google]
thought t.jpg
3MB, 4300x5000px
what the hell am i missing, something just doesn't look right, right?
>>
I think what's missing is it being posted in the right thread
>>
>>3117359
kek its obvious you just watched the sinix video man. makes the problems quite a bit more obvious:

-paint away the lineart. seriously. the red and the blue clash, badly.
-work on your brush strokes/smoothing. right now it looks really smudgy. maybe some hard edge brush + airbrush in some parts would help.
-id recommend you to study the facial area more, from whatever reference you use.

good luck anon.
>>
life, a story, something specific. It looks very generic....like a template
>>
Yeah i used sinx as inspiration, his technique seems so simple to execute with minimal blending. I guess you could say im practicing other styles in order to create my own. It how i learned physical media so why not this too?
>>
>>3117359
Left thigh is too big.
>>
>>3117380
>>3117425
which vid homies?
>>
wojak has no ears
>>
First of all, I'd get rid of the background, it doesn't seem to fit the figure at all. I don't think the lighting works, when there's a giant sun (Is it a sun? If it is, why isn't it brighter?) behind him. Then the smudging is really messy. Try using a smudge brush with a slight scatter, it will blend more instead of just smudging streaks. Or just a plain ol soft brush.
>>3117425
>with minimal blending
Well, minimal blending would probably be a good idea, it looks like you really overworked it in this regard. If you make the starting shapes a bit bigger, the blending won't cut them down too much and you can use less but more confident, bigger strokes.
>>
>>3117359
You are missing the spark, senpai.
>>
You chose the wrong directions for light to come from. If you change the directions you will maybe see more interesting shadows and shapes on his body.

Like I think therer should be light on his abs. And maybe a shadow from his arm across his abs.

Or maybe just keep your lighting and make more dramatic shadows.
>>
>>3118738
like..... based on the highlights it's hard to tell exactly where the light source is.

And then to see the circular representation of the light source directly behind him..... thats a problem too.
>>
>>3118740
The highlights are brighter than the sun. Which implies a secondary pink light source stage right. But the pink highlights still don't point to an exact direction.
>>
File: rd.png (2MB, 2312x3080px) Image search: [Google]
rd.png
2MB, 2312x3080px
like such as
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.