[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Krita?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: krita.png (141KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
krita.png
141KB, 400x400px
How do we fix Krita?
>>
>>3116781
A donation here and there would help. I read the Jewish assholes over in the Netherlands have been bullying the team with extra taxation, but each new release makes the program a whole lot better, so there we go.
>>
They should take a look at Paint Storm Studio, Krita just needs to be more faster and it would be perfect.
>>
>>3116781
Off topic here, but I need some help.
Just started using krita on my surface 3. Not surface pro 3. Just surface 3.

Anywho the pressure sensitivity in the microsoft pen works fine with all other media outlets, and when in settings, works fine as well.

But with krita, it does not exist. I get flat ugly lines with no tapir/beautiful drop off. Ive tried the opengl box thing, ive tinkered with krita's in house pressure sensitivity settings. Nothings working.

Anyone have any advice? Its really buggin me and Ive been wrackin my brains with it for a month now. Really wanna get back to drawin.
>>
>>3116781
Krita's already pretty good though. Just wished it crashed less.
>>
>>3116928
What do you do to make it crash?
>>
>>3116781
does it have support for mouse mode?
>>
>>3116990
Mouse mode? Like the pen tool?
>>
>>3116992
like the, your cursor does not move related to where the stylus is on the tablet, but like how a mouse move, depending on your settings
>>
>>3116928
Consider transitioning to the Linux master race. The only thing we have to give up are the next gen games, which is a time waster anyway.

>>3116993
I used to use that too anon, it's a bad habit.
>>
>>3116781
Hire a good programmer to work on krita.

>>3116871
They are working on some features that will increase performance.

>>3116927
https://krita.org/en/item/angle-and-windows-ink-a-new-test-version-of-krita-for-windows/
Try Windows Ink build. If it works you'll need to wait a couple weeks until they add it in stable.

>>3116992
Nope.
>>
>>3117132
>surface guy here.

Tanks m8
Will give it a shot.
>>
>>3116985
Normal use. Shitty painting and animation. I believe it's the animation that makes it crash since it's a relatively new feature.

>>3117049
Yeah, when I build a desktop imma try out linux, but right now I have an ROG laptop and I don't think it's really worth the hassle.
>>
>>3117696
Kubuntu is a pretty user friendly distribution.
Just sayin'.
>>
can photoshop do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigbVY9s6gU

krita and gmic is really useful for my comic coloring process and I prefer the brushes
>>
File: 1504134548160.jpg (125KB, 854x770px) Image search: [Google]
1504134548160.jpg
125KB, 854x770px
>>3116781
here are my gripes:

1) add a quick selection tool like PS's-- the magic wand works fine but a quick selection would make certain things MUCH more convenient

2) the pen tool doesn't work like how I want it to. For instance, I can't draw something with the pen tool unless it's a closed shape, because it will never apply the stroke until the last point where you close the loop. This is fucking annoying and as a result I find the pen tool to be almost completely useless for drawing

3) in other programs, you can draw a straight line by holding shift or alt or something like that, and then you just draw the line freehand and it comes out as straight. I like the line tool in Krita but I'd also like a normal freehand way of doing it

3) simplify some things like the brush engine editor. Even something as simple as making a clone stamp is a little hidden away behind menus and tiny buttons

4) add a blur/sharpen tool
>>
>>3118566
>in other programs, you can draw a straight line by holding shift or alt or something like that, and then you just draw the line freehand and it comes out as straight.

ALL MY WANT
>>
>>3117806
How does it compare to ubuntu?
>>
>>3118566
3) The 'clone' engine seems pretty self explanatory.
4) Krita's blur/sharpen tool is actually much better than in Photoshop. It's called a filter brush and you can set it to any filter or brush tip you want.
You can also download a filter pack if you want them already prepared.

Don't know about the others.

>>3118580
It's the same thing.
Ubuntu is a basic distribution.
Kubuntu = ubuntu + Kde interface.
Lubuntu = ubuntu + Lxde interface.
Then there is Xubuntu, Edubuntu and many others.
KDE interface is the most popular and looks very similar to Windows, you have the start menu, the control panel, the desktop with icons and it comes with basic stuff like Office, media player, Chrome etc. That's why it's good for beginners.
Lubuntu is good if you have a very slow computer.

The only thing that takes some getting used to is installing new apps, which is done by typing install and name of the program in konsole.
Contrary to rumors, Linux is less difficult on maintenance than Windows.
>>
fix the bug that causes the brush to stop working randomly.
add the ability to drag windows
>>3118566
i really like krita's brush engine desu. it takes a second to understand but it offers so much freedom to make exactly the kind of brushes you want
>>
>>3118566
What exactly is quick selection tool?

>add a blur/sharpen tool
Why not add tool for every fucking filter then? As anon said if you need tool for filtering some local areas create filter brush preset.
Same for Dodge\Burn tool.
>>
File: uhm.jpg (668KB, 1915x2186px) Image search: [Google]
uhm.jpg
668KB, 1915x2186px
Ever since the latest release whenever I open a new file it pushes some of the tools, as well as some of the menu items (file, edit, view, etc.), off-screen within the program(whether I have the program maximized or not).

Apart from that, it has a great, flash-like animation timeline but it's so unstable I can't use it for that (I do "pose to pose" animation so I'm copying and pasting frames around a lot and it seems to have a real problem with that-maybe "straight ahead" style works better?). Despite having relatively high performance hardware it tends to lag as well, making it very unpleasant to draw with.

I've more or less given up on using it personally, but I still donate pretty much every time it comes up (I love my off-color Kiki mug) because I know it benefits a lot of other people.
>>
Anyone who feels that the default brush presets are slow should try increasing the Spacing parameter. By default quite a few of them are 0.20, 0.10, or even 0.01. Setting spacing to greater than 0.50 is more sensible the vast majority of the time and much faster.

And yes, tweaking brush presets is hard ... the brush editor is literal ass, even the devs know this. It's much better in 4.0, but I don't know when that will become a stable release.

>>3118566
>because it will never apply the stroke until the last point where you close the loop.
If by pen tool you mean bezier curve tool, you can shift-left-click or double-left-click to apply the stroke without having to close the loop
>>
>>3119422
0.50 spacing is damn big unless you mean auto spacing but auto spacing is total ass and kills brush performance at big sizes. Never use auto spacing.
Also precision may slow down brushes, try to use 1-2 value.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.