[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh god, I feel a deep pain in my wallet.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: WOT.png (95KB, 1192x657px) Image search: [Google]
WOT.png
95KB, 1192x657px
Oh god, I feel a deep pain in my wallet.
>>
>>3116771
That's what you get for falling for the wacom meme.
Look on the bright side, at least you'll learn not to drop your pen.
>>
Learn to take care of your posessions anon.
>>
should have went with the chinks
>>
>>3116771
that's it? it was $70 the last time i checked.
>>
that's cheap, time to stock up
>>
Wtf Apple Pencil is like $100 and it has a battery, MCU, Bluetooth, IMU + 2387250 other electronic parts

Wacom pencils should be free
>>
>>3116789
I guess apple's business model is to get you to buy the $1000 iPad, and Wacom is pinching pennies from careless users who lose their pencils
>>
>>3116774
Having proper tools is a meme?
>>
>>3116789
>Wacom pencils
>>
>>3116774
I've been using an old bamboo for years, have a habit of spinning the pen, so I drop it constantly, my dog chewed on it and my cat walks on the tablet sometimes. The eraser end of the pen doesn't work but otherwise it's fine and has no problems whatsoever. Never even changed the nib.
>>
>>3117144
Same here
Had Intuos for years, didn't even know I could change nibs. It still works as if I just bought it, no problems at all
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 800x420px
>>
>>3116789
Nothing new really. They add that stuff because they don't want to pay for any wacom patent.
>>
>>3117185
If he sold his keyboard, he could easily get just as many nibs.
>>
>>3117185
im just sitting here wondering if thats actually a thing. I should probably stop drinking
>>
>>3117301
it works
>>
>>3117301
It's a good way to scratch the fuck out of your tablet.
>>
File: firefox_29-528G.png (164KB, 795x344px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_29-528G.png
164KB, 795x344px
>>3117301
you can use most any stick as a wacom nib since the nib is just used to press the button inside of the tablet but depending on the material you use as a nib you may want to cover your surface area with something like shelf liner or paper.
I just wish more people made their own nib types for fun new textures and weights even though nobody can beat flex nibs.
>>
>>3116771
I blew $62 for my Intuos4 capable one a few weeks ago.
>>
>>3116771
Y'know, there's a section in the w/ic/i about how to make 3000 nibs for 10 bucks.
>>
>>3117301
Me too :(
>>
>>3117636
>>3116771
>samefag here
If nibs is your issue that is, but if you're just buying another pen that's honestly a deal compared to the prices before.
Might want to try ebay and see if somebody's selling one for less though, before committing.
>>
>>3117595
>steel
>not silver

NGMI
>>
>>3117658
you could always smith/forge your own steel nibs
>>
>>3117662
Meant silver; oh well.
>>
****ACTUAL ANSWER FOR CHEAP PEN NIBS, YOU POORFAGS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONtK_fDplM&feature=youtu.be

comes out to around 3000 nibs for 8 dollars?
>>
>>3117672
I tried that once and it actually didn't work well due to the bend in the plastic also I was kinda sad they don't make hollow ones since I wanted to try and make some special nibs.
You can also apparently buy nibs in bulk from aliexpress or some site like that but I haven't really checked on the prices since all my nibs are still intact.
>>
File: 06385416516416.jpg (99KB, 1236x626px) Image search: [Google]
06385416516416.jpg
99KB, 1236x626px
>complains for mere $29

Seriously...
>>
>>3117185
>>3117301
Don't do this. If you drop the stylus and the spaghetti fractures, you'll never be able to get the pieces out. Use vinyl string instead.
>>
>>3117702
id much rather pay for my stuff in fake money.
>>
>>3117304
Or get smeared pasta all over the tablet.
>>
>>3117706
>If you drop the stylus
you don't need to drop it even for that to happen although dropping your stylus like that has a tendency to break the magnet inside anyway no matter the nib.
>>
File: Wacom.jpg (89KB, 432x324px) Image search: [Google]
Wacom.jpg
89KB, 432x324px
>>3117706
Not really. This is what a Wacom pen looks like, taken apart, I just took it right now - the coil at the tip is what the nib goes into. It's only held onto the board by the wires from the coil, so it flops loose. The nib sits snugly inside the coil, so if something breaks off, it'd be easy to clear it out. Taking the pen apart is easy - pop the side button off, pull the back end off, the board and the back end with the erase should pull out of the end you hold it with. WARNING: do not pull the board out of the eraser end - there are two small springs in there that are hard to get back in and lose if you do.
Any rigid or semi-rigid material will work as a nib. I have plenty of nibs left for my Cintiq, but any soft plastic will work in a pinch if I need to replace them. You can get nylon rod, if you look for it, if you want what they give you.
>>
>>3117753
As someone whose pen got fucking totaled because of how easy the chip and interior came out, do whatever you can to ensure this never happens. There was nothing noticeably wrong with its insides but for whatever reason the entire thing was fucked. NEVER OPEN IT UP. TRUST ME.
>>
>>3117756
I've taken mine apart many times, over 4 years of having it (24HD Cintiq). You must have cracked the board or something.
>>
>>3117760
Wacom is like a 50/50 either you got a fucked up product that you need to send in for repairs just out of warranty or it lasts 10 years no problems.
It's probably on purpose since they make most of their money on spare parts and repairs.
Also Cintiq usually seem to be on the better side of that 50/50 and most of the complaints seem to come from usb ports in intuos 4&5/pro and the pens in bamboo products.
>>
>>3117766
I don't know what to tell you. I have no idea what the failure rate on their products are - I know a ton of people who use them, and I havent noticed a high failure rate - most of the people who replace pens lose them. I gave someone I know an old Bamboo tablet I had at work, that's been kicked around forever, and she's still using it - it's gotta be over 10 years old now.

If you want cheaper parts, buy a cheaper tablet. $30 for a new pen? As long as I'm not having to go through a pen every couple of months, I'm cool with that - it's a tool I use literally every day, the wear and tear on it is high. But, I'm still on my original pen - I've bought several mice in the same time frame I've used it, and for a daily use item, that's pretty impressive.
>>
>>3117712
Nose "I never shitpost" Bro, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
Are yoy Venezuelan?
>>
>needing to use expensive as fuck drawing tablet and pen
>not using the cheaper mouse instead
>>
>>3117950
>literally being Chris Chan
>>
>>3118122
You know you can change your mouse sensitivity right...
>>
>>3116786
Same. That’s the only reason I never replaced my intuos 3 pen after the button mysteriously disappeared. I assume I dropped and picked it back up before bed to have not noticed.
>>
does this work with intous 4? i heard there was a thinner version of the pen but i never followed that rumor.
>>
>>3118136
that doesn't help. stop shitposting.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.