[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Towards greater enjoyment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_mdehtoeYQa1qc7pjjo1_1280.jpg (320KB, 700x559px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdehtoeYQa1qc7pjjo1_1280.jpg
320KB, 700x559px
A theme I've recently noticed on here is that creating art should be an enjoyable activity by and large (pushing through a bad day here and there), even if you do it professionally. I want to get to a place where I enjoy drawing more. Maybe there are others too.

What have been your experiences related to finding more joy in what you do?
>>
>>3116173
shouldn't you enjoy it naturally?
>>
>>3116185
I do. I drew lots as a kid, and to this day, but periodically there's long stretches where I drift into a miserable state and I stop drawing altogether for a while.
>>
File: 1503455722358.jpg (360KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503455722358.jpg
360KB, 1024x768px
>>3116185
>muh inherent naturalistic meme.
art like anything else is something you learn to enjoy. it's based on ideas and knowledge, not genetics.
>>
>>3116231
but i do enjoy it and always have
>>
>>3116235
then you have the emotional levels of a house fly and are irrelevant. someone with brain damage can enjoy scribbling with crayons on paper. it's not an argument you should be attempting to make.
>>
>>3116185
only people without goals enjoy art naturally.
>>
>>3116275
people with goals usually make shit art
>>
File: mpv-shot0127.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0127.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>3116378
>have no goals
>start painting
>"hey that looks cool"
>"oh that looks cool too!"
>get mud
>spinkle paint over it and call the piece an 'abstract'

oh and
>ignoring the fact that many successful artists stress the importance of the image/ concept you have in mind for a piece and to not lose it.
>>
File: idk lol.jpg (49KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
idk lol.jpg
49KB, 500x345px
>>3116274
>forgets that there is literally a thing known as "adult coloring books"
>forgets that people do this in order to unwind and relax
>"irrelevant"
>>
>>3116574
>adult coloring books
yes, irrelevant. what's your point?
>>
>>3116235
Do it 10 hrs a day and see if its still "enjoyable" you fucking sunday painter. Fuck if you were anywhere near me id literally smash your head in with a rock
>>
>>3116173
What I've been trying lately is that if I dislike a wip piece or it's overwhelming and above my skill level, that I try to focus on one aspect that I can pull off in a satisfying way to make it a worthwhile experience instead of an empty grind of creating one piece of empty garbage after another.

Related to that I've been cutting back on "constructive criticism" that is completely outside of my current abilities, and make it more about issues that I can realistically tackle. As I get better I can take on bigger problems, no point in thinking about what I can't do shit about atm.
>>
>>3116585
Woah there buddy
>>
>>3116585
If you had any talent you wouldn't need a to slave 10 hrs a day copying fruit and naked chicks to be good maybe try photography instead.
>>
>>3116275
don't you enjoy the challenge though, perhaps you and the other people who don't enjoy art actually do, but you have too simplistic an idea of enjoyment, like with video games like dark souls or something i'd say i enjoyed dark souls even though for someone who sucks at it like me there were some very frustrating parts
>>
>>3116585
I've been working as an artist longer than you've probably been alive, and I've never lost my love of it. I've take time off, after a couple of intense deadlines with overnighters to get it done, but usually I can't go 2 or 3 days before picking a pencil or a brush up again.
And, there's nothing wrong with a "sunday painter", there are more of them, than pros. If someone loves art, their attitude is 1000% better than your shit attitude. Art to me is pure pleasure, and a priviledge that I can make money at it. You treat it like digging holes. That says to me, you're a hack, or you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>3116585
ngmi
>>
>>3116585
post work.
>>
>>3117752
post work or stfu
>>
File: into your ass it goes.png (607KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
into your ass it goes.png
607KB, 512x512px
>>3116579
>tries to brush people under the rug because they have an innate appreciation for something
>forgetting that nearly anything humans have an appreication for is at least partially innate, including the concepts behind most art
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.